Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 2:43 AM
I am completely lost.

I downloaded the files in the post - and one was the one i made and the other was a twotile diagonal. I removed all the extra resources it did not need. If the window is repositoried to game files it does not need loads of TXMTS and MMATS.

I have no idea what that image you have posted means.

WAIT. You cloned the wellwisher as the window for the one tile?

Do not clone the wellwisher. When you try and link the diagonal it wont work. Clone another window.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 2:54 AM
The two tile windows are completely under control. It is the one tile window that I am having issues with. The two tiles are completely done. I even made a repaired version of them myself earlier. They work fine. The diagonal is linked and they both get their textures no problemo.

No, I don't know what the wellwisher is but I cloned Fleur de Glee Stencil Pane.

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:21 AM
Try cloning a different one-tile window. Some game windows are just dodgy. Like the wellwisher which is a base game window with a heart in it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:23 AM
Ah, so it might not be my fault? Okay. I think I know how to go about doing that based on everything I learned from using the repository technique.

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:27 AM
Well, it isn't about fault. But you really have no idea how much I HATE that window set so every time I have to use it in game to test your file it makes me cringe. However, I know lots of people do like them, so I am sure it will be appreciated by those who do want such a thing.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:29 AM
Hahahahah...... I don't suppose the length makes it any more tolerable? XD lol

So I think I just have to import all the meshes and everything into it and then repository like normal. I wanted to keep it in Business so I cloned the euro window. I hope it works. Just a theory though.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:32 AM
Use a basegame window. then do the repository. That way if you load it to a base game it wont crash the game just flash blue. The TEXTURES are EP reliant - the window isn't.

also, not even a different size would make me like it - its the colors and the stencilling I hate.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:38 AM
Yeah, they are really....... cutesy.
Basegame, on it.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:08 AM
Hmmmm.... only piece I am not sure what to do about is the TXMT. For the TXTR I simply imported in the right wallmask.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#35 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:19 AM
TXTR's you're keeping in the package need to have a TXMT. So if you've got a wall mask texture, you need to have the TXMT for the wall mask.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:22 AM Last edited by DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo : 23rd Sep 2013 at 6:22 AM.
Yes, I am aware of that. Problem is I am not sure how to get them there. I have only ever used it before to make things shiny. I found an import button I am gonna try.

Edit: WHEEE it is willing to be diagonal! But there's no hole in the wall. At least it is recolorable. I will have to figure this out....

Edit2: There are 2 TXMTs and 1 TXTR. That's a little bit odd. Hmmmm... maybe I should try a full on replacement of both.

Edit3: DONE. IT IS DONE! Turns out one doesn't need to touch the TXMTs. I am so happy. :D

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 12:14 PM
Good job :D

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#38 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 6:36 AM
(This post isn't just a random out-of-the-blue post. It was promised in an approval PM, lol.)

1-tiles centered on 2-tiles: A tutorial? I don't know of one but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there somewhere. (Maybe Lee would know?) I've only made a few meshes like that, those being 2 doors and a couple of windows. How I did those was to clone a mesh that was already 1-tiles centered on 2-tiles. From memory, those were one of Lee's doors and a window from tbudgett's Craftsman set. Doing that meant my packages were pretty much set up the way they needed to be. I did have to edit the wall masks a bit and the tsMaterialsMeshName and SHPE for sure (because they're slaved to another mesh and I had to change that stuff) - not sure if there was anything else. And I had to make sure the meshes were in the right place in MilkShape too, of course. It might sound complicated but it's not really. (Or is it and I just don't think it is?!?) If anyone knows of a different/easier way to do it, hopefully they'll speak up!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 6:42 AM
Ah, I thought it was you. My moderator that is.

It was nice for the even shorter windows that I didn't have to do the awful slaving again. Thanks so much for the help guys. ^-^

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#40 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:13 AM
one tile on two tile? I made lots and lots of windows for the mauritania set - just take one of those that is the right size and clone it using open instead of start in Object Workshop.

I did not make the windows centred myself - I used the Midnight ride with shutters and swapped all the meshes over and redid the repo to the window I wanted.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#41 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:33 AM
/me hopes being the moderator was a good thing and waits for many more windows
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:48 AM
Well at the moment I am trying to turn a connecting coloumn into a coffee table. XD

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#43 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 8:05 AM
lol. A suggestion - try and keep things in scale and matching where you can - now you know how to mesh and split up in Milkshape you can remap/remesh other things. Like the mauritania windows - they are not that great as they were one of my first big projects, but they are mapped to a door.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:23 AM
Okay, not ready to make that yet. The table that's been in my head for months will have to wait a little longer. Guess I will have to figure out something that is a better step up.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#45 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:25 AM
It is not my intention to be discouraging - why not have a go, see what you get and then you can start a new thread for the table. I am a terrible texturer so I do tend to steal all my textures from EA/Maxis and so am quite practiced at this by now. :P

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:59 AM
I just decided that I should really learn how to UVmap first. I can manage the actual meshing part just fine. That is surprisingly easy. It's a kinda complicated design though. Using the arch connecting column things for the legs of the longer sides and making a big hole for the stained glass of the 3-tile window is.... quite frankly too much for someone who only just learned how to do this. lol

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#47 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:01 PM
Yup. That is the conclusion I reached long ago. Meshing is the easy bit - texturing is the hard bit :D

I made my crates to practice my uvmapping - just a suggestion.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:04 PM
....I think I'd need to find the tool for UV mapping first. But for now, it is 4am. Tomorrow I can figure out something simpler to build my skills. I learned A TON from the windows after all.

Page 2 of 2