Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:37 PM
Default How IkChain works in a animation ?
I want to create animations compatible for adults and teens.
Because adult animations and teen animations are the same Rigs, the compatibility is created by IkChains ?! Is it right ?

Someone can explain how IkChain works ?
thanks
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 4:16 AM
Hi silverfox,
EA animations can to some extent do what you want to do, but there is currently no modding tool that allows you to create animations using EA's IK system.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 1:07 PM Last edited by silverfox : 15th Oct 2013 at 1:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by (A)
EA animations can to some extent do what you want to do, but there is currently no modding tool that allows you to create animations using EA's IK system.

Thanks (A)

If I understand the principe of IkChains, they work as a anchor using the slots of Sim (b__L_ThighTarget_slot, b__R_ThighTarget_slot, ...) with ground or slots of objects (_route_0_S_, ...) ?!

I thought of being able to add the ikchains with S3PE (like we can add sounds events for example), but I suppose it isn't so easy ?
#4 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 10:43 PM
Yes, you are on the right track with that thinking. Each clip can have a set amount of IK targets for each chain(I think 10 per arm chain and 2 for legs and 2 for root). The amount that it is anchored to each of the targets is adjusted at each frame though. In S3PE you can choose which targets are used, but you cannot set how much the IK chain influences the bones to get there at which point in the animation. With no preview of any kind in the tools, this is pretty much a futile effort and you would be better off just having separate animations without IK chains for teens/adults

If you want the technical reasons, read on...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 11:32 PM Last edited by silverfox : 15th Oct 2013 at 11:48 PM.
Thank you very much for these explanations.

As a result, I will create separate animations. But that takes time, much of time.

I had hoped to simplify my work. Too bad for me...

Is what teens-Rigs exist for Blender or milkShape ? If yes, I didn't found them.
#6 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 11:51 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think any teen rigs exist yet. If someone knows the exact size difference between adults and teens I can try to have a blender one done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by (A)
I'm sorry but I don't think any teen rigs exist yet. If someone knows the exact size difference between adults and teens I can try to have a blender one done.

I saw this on the forum of simlogical (post by Simoro). I deduced from it that the teen rigs have a size equal to 90% of that of an adult. But perhaps my reasoning is wrong.

If you can create teen rigs, I think that many animation creators will be pleased. I am not the only one to want to make animations for teens.
#8 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:19 AM Last edited by (A) : 19th Oct 2013 at 7:10 AM. Reason: added link
Thanks, I did see that post long ago and attempted to adjust this with code when saving the animation. I've tried now to adjust it at the rig level along with using teen meshes(which are slightly different than adult ones in some cases). I can try testing in game tomorrow and let you know how it goes. There will likely still need to be some code changes and a new version of the plugins to make this work right.

Edit:
I'm not sure when I'll be able to test this properly, so here is a link to the test teen rig if you are feeling daring.