Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 79 (Who?), Viewed: 8312 times.
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:10 PM
Default Quistis Trepe of Final Fantasy 8
Hello again! This time I'm planning to make Quistis Trepe, my favorite character from Final Fantasy 8. So, I'll be asking help from you again to make her look better (and closer). Thanks in advance!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 2:00 PM
Uh, hello guys? Say anything :D. I just need feedback good or bad. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 2:40 PM
looking good
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 9:38 PM
Hi there! Sorry for not commenting sooner. It's a little tougher since it looks like one of your reference pictures is from in-game (I mean the original here, not your sim) and the other is a drawing/rendering? So there are some minor variances between your reference shots. BUT, that said, it does look like you have the general "flavor" of the character. A few minor things - from the side picture, I'd say her nose tip should be a tiny bit less "pointy", perhaps turned up just a tiny bit? Her eyebrows could come down more. Your sim's face is more "oval" than the original's. The original's face is more... I want to say "heart shaped"? Perhaps raise her "eye socket" just a teeny bit. Again, there are are super-minor points. She looks pretty good as she is.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 2:39 AM
Good start! I agree that the cheeks/forehead area of the face needs to be wider and the jaw narrower to make the face more "upside down triangle" or heart shaped. From the side, I'd say to pull the chin forward a bit. The eyes need to be larger in scale and/or wider horizontally and, perhaps, moved farther apart. Ears need to be turned out a little, I think, and be larger. Try making the nostrils a little wider to make the nose more triangular. I love the hairstyle but, to better match the first reference picture, it needs more red/orange. I second moving the eyebrows lower. The models have more of an arch in the middle of the eyebrow over the iris toward the outer third rather than at the outer edge but that might be difficult to find. Looking forward to an update!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 8:50 AM
update!! Thank you Nemiga, k2m1too, and SimmyRN

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:27 AM
Getting closer! The mouth needs to move down a little so there is more space between nose and mouth. Or, move the nose up. It might be necessary to move the nasal bridge up as well. Afterward, you may have to lengthen the chin a bit more. I think the eyes should be closer together, also.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 7:01 AM
Another update. Thanks SimmyRN

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:01 AM
Almost there! I think widen/soften the nose at the nostrils, increase the V in the upper lip, turn the mouth outer corners down just a little, and shorten the eyelashes. Maybe bring the mouth corners out just a bit. The model has a sad/pensive/angry look I'm not seeing in the sim yet. Eyes could, perhaps, come forward some in the side view. Good work!
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 6:39 AM
I think the lower lip should be wider and as Simmy said, turn the mouth corners down a bit. I'm wondering if her head is a bit too wide or if it's just the hair, that's huge... She's getting close
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 12:59 PM
update. update. update.

Tigerdhyr, yeah you're right. I increased the head width too much. My sliders were set at x2 multiplier, and it's at 400 something. Didn't notice I went too far . I lowered it to 200 level.
I also reduced the socket height altogether with the eyelash length

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:59 AM
The mouth looks closer. Good job! I think the tip of her nose should be just a bit wider and/or have more mass. From the side, it looks like the nose tip should be turned up a little. Also, adjust the shape of the eyes so that the apex of the bottom eyelid, or tallest up and down area, is in the center under the iris and the outer and inner corners are "squintier". The model's eyes are more almond shaped while the sim's eyes look almost square at the outer edges. (I hope that makes sense.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:12 PM
Thanks!...here's another update :D

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 2:52 AM
I think the eyes need to be closer together and larger in scale. Otherwise, she looks pretty close to me. Are you using replacement eyes? I just wondered because the model's irises are quite large and, usually, the game default irises are large too. Good work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:25 AM
another update:

Nope, I used contacts by Burnt Waffles because it has small pupils that matched the character's eyes. Thanks again for feedback
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:19 PM
Yoohoo!! I have another update :D

I replaced the eyes (these contacts) that much resembles the original character...and modified her cheeks a little bit. Also, I used bella3lek4's jawline slider. Does she look closer??
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 10:48 PM
Gosh... At this point... she looks good to me. I really can't add anything. (But I thought that telling you at least that was better than letting your thread sit without comments again)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 2:56 PM
Thanks, k2m1too!!
Though I still think she needs more improvement...Any more suggestions guys, please? Thanks in advance
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 4:52 PM
Well, I certainly know how it is when you have a sim that just doesn't have the "sparkle" yet. But I just can't put my finger on anything that needs changing. Is there anything in particular you don't feel is quite there or is it just a general sense of "not done"-ness? You might be able to do something with her cheeks. They dip in just a bit towards where her "cheek jowls" are and the cheeks are maybe ever so slightly more prominent. Mmm... Maybe go a little more to the right with the cheekbone shape and/or play with the fullness. But it's a very subtle thing.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:31 AM
I still think the eye shape is off a bit and are a little too far apart now. Also, the cheekbones may need to come down a bit compared to the model. There looks to be more space between the nose and mouth and then the chin lengthened a bit. It seems really hard to match the "sullen" look the model has. Maybe bring the mouth corners down a little more. Good work!
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#21 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 3:39 AM
I think a main thing would be finding a sleekier ponytail. The one you're using now is very full and makes her head look really wide especially compared to the character. If you have Aurora Skies, from the sims 3 store, there is a ponytail included with it that might be a better fit. I agree with SimmyRN that the eyeshape is off. Do bring them closer together and maybe bring the outer corner up a bit and the upper eye apex more towards her nose.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 10:59 AM
k2m1too, SimmyRN, heaven. Thank you for the comments, and sorry for a very delayed update. I lost internet connection for weeks, and got it back just now. So, here are my revisions:

Thankfully I found a more matching hair here at MTS
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#23 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 3:26 AM
I think narrow the nasal bridge / upper nose between the eyes and, maybe, narrow the upper face (above the jaw) more and you'll have her! Good work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 12:48 PM
Thanks Here's my update:

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 2:31 AM
The only thing I see is that you have a little bit of a square where the nose meets the nasal bridge/eyebrow ridge. To fix this, I think you'll have to shorten the nose and move it down a little bit. Maybe widen the nose at the nostrils just the tiniest little bit. Otherwise, I can't see anything that needs done. Good work!
Page 1 of 4