Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:33 PM
Piper is a nickname that was given to me since I've been playing the flute for 28 years. 2014 is the year my husband and I were married, thus piper2014.

My given name is Melissa. Nice to meet everyone.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:58 AM
My username was the original cheat code from Sims 1. Before the first patch came out, the code to get money (1000 Simoleons) was 'klapaucius', then after the first patch they changed it to 'rosebud'. I read somewhere that they changed it because players had trouble remembering/spelling 'klapaucius'. I picked it as a username because I liked the sound of it, and also as a tribute to all those times I typed it out back in the early days of TS1...
Test Subject
#153 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 2:35 PM
Sarafina is the name of a character in The Lion King - Sarafina, Nala's mother. She has green eyes, like me. It means "bright star" in Swahili. It also has "Sara" in it, which is my name. It can also be related to the word "Seraphim" which means "fiery ones" and is a type of angel.

7 is my lucky number, because I was born on the 7th. The number 7 is also significant in Judaism (I'm Jewish).
Field Researcher
#154 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 2:46 AM
I am an evil bicycle of course... Muwahahah!!
Top Secret Researcher
#155 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
And THAT, my friends, is the first time any of that has been published in any form. I did attempt to turn part of it into an epic poem once, whilst at university, but I suck even worse at poetry!

I like the idea. The chosen one thing has been done a lot of times before, but doing it from a completely non-human perspective could liven it up a bit.

Good news is, writing skills can be learned. And hey, if you recognized that you needed to work on your skills, then you obviously have a good sense of what good writing is and you care about improving, which are both important qualities for an author to have. Keep working at it. :D

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Forum Resident
#156 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 4:26 PM
Reviving this thread. It's so fun getting to know the meaning behind people's usernames

My own kinda came to me in a dream xD It goes back to a game called Virtue's last reward, in which the protagonist's name is Sigma Klim. A while after I beat the game, I dreamed that it was revealed, in a very quasi-epic way, that it was a fake name and that his real name was - wait for it- Kligma. It gave me a good laugh after waking up from it, then some time later I decided to register here and it poppped up in my head as I was pondering on what to call myself, and so here I am. ^^

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:31 AM
Well back in 2006 I was in my "goth/punk phase" (which incidentally turned into my "entire life" much to the disappointment of many relatives). I can't remember the exact details, but I was (still am) hugely into RPing. (We used to do it when AOL was an actual web service and had custom chat rooms.) ANYWAY, I had a chara, or OC as the kids call them these days, named Xohdus. Originally pronounced "exodus", it sounds/looks more like "Zoh-dus" now. Idk, I thought it was cool at the time. I still like it for the nostalgia.

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin
Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 8:12 PM
I don't think my username means anything. I think it's an actual name but at the time I just made it up.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Page 7 of 7