Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 5:32 AM
I always click 'new posts' and if someone has commented on one of my lots it will show up with a subscription tick. There are probably other ways, but I find that sufficient.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#27 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hellmonja
Oh, one more thing. Can we creators get a notification when someone comments on our uploads? maybe a yellow exclamation when we're viewing our profiles or something. like there was this old (not so old) lot of mine where someone asks why he/she can't install my lot and i just read it a week after. I only have 5 lots so far and it's still easy to monitor which ones has a new comment. But i can't imagine when I go over 20...

Do you know about MyMTS? It is in the mylinks menu or you can access it from here www.modthesims.info/imts2.php

It is a configurable home page that you can see latest posts on your uploads, or new uploads from favourite creators or latest journal entries. Its very cool actually.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 7:10 AM
Also, if you do User Tools > My Feedback, you'll see things that have been posted on your creations. Like New Posts, but just for you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Yes, you can use it in screenshots. AFAIK that actually was removed from the requirements a while back. What you show in your screenshots is entirely your business as long as you show the thing you're making well enough that folks can see it's good.

New rules for pay content, in short: You can't make a thing that absolutely requires pay content (like recolours of pay meshes). For stuff not absolutely required (a hair for a sim, a couch for a lot, etc.), you can't use pay or pirate stuff, but if there's a site offering recolours of hair or couches or whatever that happen to include the mesh and it was a pay thing, eh, as long as we're not hosting it as part of the lot/sim on MTS, that's really an issue of permissions between the recolourer and the pay creator... Not a concern for MTS and the sim/house creator, so we'll allow it. I'll post up a better-worded explanation with the official news post on the 1st - for now, it's 1 AM and I really need to go to bed.

ETA: Or Lee could just copy-paste it, that would work too. :P

So of the five thousand versions of every Newsea hair, only one will be off-limits? I think I can live with that.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:47 AM
Stepper - Pretty much, yeah. If Anubis or whoever has retextured it and included the mesh with the retexture, just link there for it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 1:49 PM
We already have that feature on My Links -> MyMTS or User Tools -> My Feedback. We were working on a fancy notifications system long ago, which I'm hopeful we'll be able to finish - some day - which would also give more obvious notifications of that sort of thing immediately.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Do you know about MyMTS? It is in the mylinks menu or you can access it from here www.modthesims.info/imts2.php

It is a configurable home page that you can see latest posts on your uploads, or new uploads from favourite creators or latest journal entries. Its very cool actually.

*feeling really stupid now* sorry about that. i really haven't explored all the tools (quite a lot of them) . all i do is download and upload stuff, hehe! it's just recently that i started talking on forums...
Page 2 of 2