Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 4:06 AM
I am glad to hear this. I had a hard time in the past with the upload process and think that these changes will be great for the site. I hope to see more TS2 creations!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:59 PM
I've always loved MTS for the high standard of the downloads here, at times it has equalled the official store for well made sturdy downloads and even surpassed it once or twice, as well as providing fixes for all the small but annoying issues that the EA team should have spotted themselves. I've always thought that quality control and moderation was the reason behind this high standard so removing that for anyone, even the best creator worries me slightly - even typically great creators can make something that falls short from time to time - but i'm sure it will all work out and i'll have an open mind
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#28 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 1:09 PM
@ dangmal - we haven't stopped moderating; what we have done is said that creators who typically upload good work don't need to wait for a moderator to see the item in the queue and then approve it. The upload goes live and then we review the item on the live site and take action if needed (so far we haven't needed to - which is what we thought would be the case).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 2:13 PM
We have, actually, pointed out a few errors and omissions to creators of bypassed uploads - so far they've all corrected the mistakes quickly, and none of them have been serious things.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 6:43 PM
Oh i see, well that's actually a beautiful system - and the creators here are reliably brilliant anyway. The vast majority of Sims 3 download sites are like panning for gold - quite a lot of rubbish to sift through to find the bits of golden goodness. Mod The sims has always been just a pile of gold, and it seems like these changes will only go to improve that, so thankyou, MTS Geniuses! I remember when the future of the site was in question some years back, how amazing to see it just go from strength to strength
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 1:54 AM Last edited by billielith : 5th Dec 2013 at 2:15 AM.
I have a suggestion,
we are able to comment creations but not creators. I think it would be nice if there was a general thread on each creator's profiles where people could say a general comment on their work, post specific requests for this creator, etc. So instead of being a silent congratulating PM it could be kept by creators as memories of the people who love their work in general. We creators get this "Why do I even do this? It's all pointless." mood sometimes! lol. Kind people who take the time to show some appreciation are a reminder of why - someone thinks what you do is beautiful - if they could be in contact with creators themselves, not just one specific creation.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#32 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:11 AM
Many creators have a guest book - you should be able to access it from their profile.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Many creators have a guest book - you should be able to access it from their profile.

You're right. I've been on the internet since the late 90s and I still don't intuitively think about using Guest Books.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:32 AM
But you can only reply to entries not simply leave a comment-can you? Also not all creators have journals here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#35 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:34 AM
I know that journals are not compulsory - but I think all creators can have journals/guestbooks. So if you look at a profile you can see if they want you to say hi - they will have a guestbook - and then you just post in it.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 6:06 AM
Wow, these changes look great! I know I've been intimidated to share my creations at all in the past, but these new rules are easier to understand and far less intimidating. Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#37 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:01 AM
After trying out the shiny new system:
WOW! That was quick It feels so good to upload something and see it online on the same day! It's nice to know who moderated the upload, makes it feel a lot more personal.
As a downloader: I have seen the occassional 'mod hat'-posts, and it's great to see that creators are responding to those posts and making the changes that were asked for. Looks like that is working as you guys hoped it would
Basically, I just wanted to say 'yay for these changes' I hope they help to change the direction of MTS towards what you are aiming for
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:55 PM
Default My Thoughts
I wanna thank everyone for the experience you give people who use the site. There are always interesting downloads posted. I like how the site works also. I think that the experience is a good one whenever I am on-site. I am about 98% satisfied.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#39 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 6:32 PM
bililelith, for some creators, you could also just "sign" their yearbook page
Site Helper
#40 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 12:47 AM
That only works until the yearbook is closed for the year, though. Act fast!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 2:45 AM
What year book? Where is this hiding?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#42 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 4:09 AM
joandsarah77: Community > Yearbook

http://yearbook.modthesims.info/

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#43 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 11:00 AM
I really love this new system especially the 100 pics limit,Increased picture size limit and the improved Creator Feedback Forum rules! Now I really don't have to worry about the 8 pics limit,nor unnecessary collages if I am going to do create a CC set! Thank you so much for this!
Inventor
#44 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:58 AM
AMAZING update !!! This will certainly encourage me to upload more things!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 1:18 PM
That's 'swell, although IMO I still feel like having my works queued for any potential issues that I might have noticed.
#46 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 9:08 PM
Can I say (probably very late to this thread but anyway) I am really happy about the new way moderation of uploads is going to be handled. I stopped uploading for a *very* long time (this was a year or two back) simply due to the way an anonymous moderator handled one of my potential uploads; I was really, really upset about it - and I took it way too personally. I am happy now that things are going to be a lot more transparent.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Nysha : 12th Dec 2013 at 2:01 AM.
Default Hopefully Finally
The past Nit Picky stuff was a problem. It was very frustrating to have your upload kicked back for the 4th time for something as ridiculous as the moderator preferring gray, when you made something yellow. Or your upload felt too "wintery".
It almost forces you to pretend you made the nonsensical changes, re-upload, and suddenly get approval. Not that I would do that :/

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:48 PM
I don't know if that's already done or if it's too much work, but it would be nice if there's always a comment of a moderator on a bypass queue upload so the creator knows it is ok.
So just some feedback for any bypass queue creation. (I just uploaded my first bypass creation and I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with it.)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#49 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:57 PM
Well, its interesting you should say that because we were talking about this in the staff area. If you are not sure on the upload - or need us to tell you its ok for your peace of mind - then send it via the queue. If you are sure (because its an area you are very experienced in) then no news is good news.

Instructor
#50 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 8:19 AM
I don't know if this is a bug, just me, or something else... but I noticed that my two recent lots that i bypassed the queue on, don't show up on the Sims 3 downloads main page. They show up on the All downloads page along with the Sims 2 stuff. I notice a few other uploads that show up on the All page and not the individual games sections. Maybe there's a filter/categorizing issue with the bypass queue?
Page 2 of 4