Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 9:12 PM
I always figured he was a criminal, and something happened related to his crimes, his gang, whatever. Skip got his son into it as well.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:35 PM Last edited by ZedzKay : 3rd Jan 2014 at 9:06 PM.
Perhaps it could've been a Townie, because not everyone loves a townie (Well, I can say that the minority don't like townies).
Skip could've gone out with a Townie, aka, "Mystery Sim" which is hidden in-game like the Mystery Sim made up in the memories, if you enter a single sim into the game. The female Mystery Sim, you can see she wears a red-spectrum checkered shirt if you brighten the picture, according to The Sims Wiki, and has what I call a "townie-look" with the hair, and the faceshape too.

And what townie looks like Mystery Sim from what we can see?
Marion Hamilton..

Or, it could be Dustin, as the family bio said "Dustin had been acting out lately". But then again, that could be a reference to the Criminal career track.

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Forum Resident
#28 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:13 AM
In my current game this is an accident caused by a poorly made pool ladder. Brandi wins a law suit against the manufacturer ("motherlode"). The whole affair makes quite a splash in the local newspaper ( pun intended )
Mad Poster
#29 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 2:28 PM
Brandi. In my game, I respawned Skip's grave and his ghost turned out to be one nasty guy. So in my headcanon, he was an abusive husband and had started smacking Dustin around, so Brandi pulled a Dolores Claiborne, lured him outside and into the pool and then left him to drown.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:45 PM
He commited suicide... He was a romance sim, he was married with two kids (fears for romance sims) and one day he lost it and he put an end in his life.
Instructor
#31 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:56 PM
Ooh I like the repo man idea, that's a good one! I think that makes sense because I can't really think of any of the Pleasantview sims who would have had a motive.

My implausible theory: Brandi and Skip had grown apart and she had started seeing someone behind his back! (Hence her third child not looking like Skip). Since they were in so much debt and their financial crisis was just getting worse and worse, Brandi decided to stage a little 'pool accident' in order to inherit life insurance and start a new, financially secure life with her sons. Unfortunately, Skip had no life insurance, and so Brandi was left in an even worse situation...

Bustin' Out!
Scholar
#32 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 3:33 PM
Well, obviously, Don Lothario killed him so he could make Brandi a part of his harem. Lol JK. In all seriousness, I don't think anyone in the game killed him; I can't think of anyone with a motive. I think the "suspicious pool accident" was a reference to one of the favored ways to off sims used by players. So, in other words, the Watcher killed him
Mad Poster
#33 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 3:54 PM
Yep, as a sims 1 player, "Pool accident" is clearly "someone removed this ladder on purpose". So I always assumed it was Brandi, but didn't really think too far as to why. I do like the abusive husband theory, though. And that would make sense as to why Dustin is all messed up because he had this crappy role model all the time, but a father nonetheless and hence he had mixed feelings about losing him. Brandi didn't ever let him bring the subject up, because it was too painful for her and she also felt a total horror at what she'd done (she was desperate and saw no other way out...) Beau didn't really remember his dad and of course son 3 never meets him at all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 4:01 PM
The repo man came at the same time Skip was in the pool and took the ladder, and after his death is when Dustin went bad.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:02 PM
The player.
In the Original sims game, the player could remove the pool-ladder and drown the sims, and EA wanted to pay homage to that. Which is why no-one in Pleasantview is suspicious. In the sim world, pool-ladder accidents are just something that just kinda... happens.

edit: I see PlatinumPlumbob got there before me, and a few others. Sorry I only read the original post.

In my megahood, I like to think Gordon King killed him - though I don't really have a story behind why yet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:15 PM
Yeah, a lot of old threads are getting bumped today. I don't mind because these kinds of threads are fun But it's strange.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#38 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:09 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure the pool ladder accident thing was just a little homage to player's Sim killing exploits. :D
Theorist
#39 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:46 PM
I say that Skip Broke isn't dead. He faked it and then 'skipped' out.

A house (mobilehome) he can barely afford.
A wife, two kids, and a third on the way.
No job and very little in savings.

Skip can't take it anymore. He fakes his own death and hightails it out of Pleasantview. He's thumbin his away across the vast sim nation in search of whatever it was that will make him happy.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#40 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 11:32 PM
Oh well here we go again with another "Who Done It." Just another Mystery Maxis story line left wide open, there are many theories on what happen to Skip Broke >> http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Skip_Broke/theories
But we all may have to call in "Angela Lansbury" From Murder, She Wrote, to solve this death. Or better yet from across the ocean we may need the help of "Sherlock Homes" from Scotland Yard.
Who Knows ? At this point and time we can only wonder and guess, and leave the mystery to the unknown.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 12:25 AM
Brandi. Skip was a romance sim and given their bedroom I think he decorated it and brought his conquests home and I think Brandi had enough and pushed him into that 'pool'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 2:05 PM
My theory is a little weird, still... I think the one who made skip died is the alien...
- and that link to a clone theory (story-wise, I know EA kill 'em and duplicate 'em)
because they need to get DNA to test their Clone-Machine and the target is in PV.
they randomly target the sims... the result :
- Bella Goth [Yup, I mean... I do care 'bout those ST and PV and Lunar lake clone thing...]
Original : Romance - 2nd Face temp.
Clone : Romance - 1st Face temp. and dump in ST.
LL : Family,Flirty
Cause of death : Old age.
- Michael Bachelor
Original : Popularity - has a Relationships with Caliente and Goth but doesn't "Know them"
Curse of Death : Old Age
PS. Seems to be quite special with Nina as 89/90? but no love.
Clone : Knowledge - 2nd temp.
- Darleen Dreamer
Original : Fortune - 3rd temp. Unused hair/dress.
Clone : Romance - 2nd temp.
Cause of death : fire [possibly both... since in the family portrait, the original is in the park with darren... and what happen next... it's her grave...]
- Skip Broke
Original : Popularity - kind-face customize 2nd face
Clone : Romance - evil-ish? kind of face, customize 2nd face.
Cause of death : Pool-ladder accident - Drowning

and here I guess that they made a clone and dump him in the lot, but he was died or maybe... and they try to cover that, and they dump his corpse in the water as the "accident".
Inventor
#43 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
My implausible theory: Brandi and Skip had grown apart and she had started seeing someone behind his back! (Hence her third child not looking like Skip).

Why implausible? I have always believed this was the case. I see Brandi as someone who prefers to be nice and go with the flow but who can be pretty decisive and even ruthless when she wants/has to be.

The only question that remains for me is who is the third son's real father. Now in my current game the third son became an extremely good looking teen (as he used to become in every game I had played, if I remember correctly). The only other teen who comes close is the son Morty had with Ivy. Could Brandi decide that she had enough of Skip and that she was tired of being broke anyway? Did she decide to go for Morty and if so, was he an accomplice or not? They would have to lie low after Skip's death for a while, of course, and pretend not to know each other at all.

That's all circumstantial but it does beg another question - who is Alexander's real father? Cassandra is actually quite good looking but Alexander ... Don seems to be the most logical answer but again, in my current games his sons (yes, always sons), though not as good looking as the two mentioned above, certainly don't look anything like Alexander. And anyway, had Morty guessed or not? And if he did, did he do anything about it? Is the official story of Bella's disappearance credible or not?

Ah, the pleasures of Pleasantview ...
Forum Resident
#44 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Why implausible? I have always believed this was the case. I see Brandi as someone who prefers to be nice and go with the flow but who can be pretty decisive and even ruthless when she wants/has to be.

The only question that remains for me is who is the third son's real father. Now in my current game the third son became an extremely good looking teen (as he used to become in every game I had played, if I remember correctly). The only other teen who comes close is the son Morty had with Ivy. Could Brandi decide that she had enough of Skip and that she was tired of being broke anyway? Did she decide to go for Morty and if so, was he an accomplice or not? They would have to lie low after Skip's death for a while, of course, and pretend not to know each other at all.

That's all circumstantial but it does beg another question - who is Alexander's real father? Cassandra is actually quite good looking but Alexander ... Don seems to be the most logical answer but again, in my current games his sons (yes, always sons), though not as good looking as the two mentioned above, certainly don't look anything like Alexander. And anyway, had Morty guessed or not? And if he did, did he do anything about it? Is the official story of Bella's disappearance credible or not?

Ah, the pleasures of Pleasantview ...

My interpretation is that Bella Goth had a fling with a young Goopy Gilscarbo and got pregnant by him. That's who Alexander actually resembles the most.
Alchemist
#45 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:31 AM
It was absolutely Brandi. She's a total narcissist. She would never think of it as killing him. She moved the ladder. He died. Shrug. The third child is the result of drunken revelry with a guy she met over by the university, Bruce Rauscher. He was hot and played mean guitar. She never thought twice about it.
Scholar
#46 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 5:08 AM
Brandi and her tribe feels like a meth family to me. Maybe he was a dealer and got killed. I think I'm going to incorporate that sorry into my neighborhood. Sounds scandalous
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th May 2015 at 3:03 AM
If you look at Brandi's memories her and Skip only Woohooed once even in SimPE there are no invisible memory for a woohoo; also if you have the Sim Manipulator the pregnancy stats/look at the family tree both state that the unborn child is Skip’s.Which is strange as the memories are in order: Skip died, Beau was born, and then she is pregnant again. In my Game Mortimer Goth was forced to retire early due to messing around with time which accounts for the age disparity between his children and Mary-Sue Pleasant and her children; amoung other Mad Scientist shenanigans.

With all the Mad Scientist running around Skip needing the money signed up him and Brandi to be part of an experiment where a woman would be impregnated multiple times but the foeti would only mature one at a time when health conditions are optimum. Skip put Brandi in a drugged sleep and brought her to the mad scientist, without her knowledge. When Brandi became pregnant with Beau she didn’t know what was going on and feared that Skip would accuse her of cheating because by the timing it couldn’t be his. But Skip was elated with the prospect of another child. Now suspicious, Brandi searched for the answer and found it when her doctor monitoring the pregnancy found the experiment listed in her health records, Angry at Skip she had a small pool put in only as big as they could afford as she knew that Skip loved swimming. When he was in the pool Brandi removed the ladder and questioned him mercilessly. In the end he admitted what he had done to Brandi but drowned without ever thinking that secretly allowing people to experiment on Brandi was wrong.

Most of the town think that she killed him because he was a gambler (as they suddenly had more money than before and then lost the money).
Scholar
#48 Old 8th May 2015 at 4:47 AM
My guess Hazel Dente, the sweet lady who is an avid gardener... and has four dead husbands.
(Sims 2 PSP local mysterious deaths of husbands lady)
In the PSP version it is reckoned that she murdered her husbands while "blacked out" she did it a year before she moved to strangetown. being a romance sim she fell for Skip Broke.
Under "black out " control she pushes over Skip who falls in the pool during a fight.

She flees pleasantview and has a pool built at her new home in Strangetown to remember her first love.

Wacky theory for the fun of it.
#49 Old 8th May 2015 at 5:30 AM
I always thought the player deliberately killed him off :P
Forum Resident
#50 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:30 AM
It was Beau, Beau, sweet baby Beau I tell you. Left alone with his dad one day, Skip decides to teach him how to swim. So they is out in the back garden with teddy bear... a grab for dad's ankles, opps over teddy bear, and now dad is swimming with the fishes. Of course Brandi covered it up to get the insurance money for that fine expensive bed and painting. She even bought Dustin that thousand simolean game machine to shut him up and get him to co-operate. Don't be fooled by Beau's smile, he's the evil one, it;s his fault Dustin's now gone wrong.

Evidence... easy, that pool aint built for anyone except a small kid, and kids pools don't need no ladder's, they can't use them and parents can always lift them out... and where may I ask is the Teddy bear?... yep, Brandi got rid of him to fool the police.
Page 2 of 3