Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 11:49 AM
Default Goodbye Twallan and Thanks
Well, i had a bit of a shock this morning when I visited Twallan's NRaas site. It seems Twallan has decided to retire. The site remains up, and all his source code is now available for anyone who wants to muck with it, but he's apparently no longer going to be involved in the sims community anymore.

While this is not his official site, I think many of us here have greatly benefited from his work. He will be sorely missed. I can understand and respect his decision, just not be really thrilled about it.

Thank you, Twallan, for making TS3 the great fun game it is. Thank you for your time, effort, and patience over all these years. All my best wishes to you and your family, and I hope you will be able to look back on your years of service to this community with fondness and contentment.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:00 PM
Yes,it's really sad. Twallan one of the best modders in sims 3 community and I can't imagine playing sims 3 without his mods.Thank you Twallan for every mod you made
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:19 PM
I'm sorry to see yo go, twallan. TS3 wouldn't be enjoyed by nearly as many people without your mods; it wouldn't be nearly as feature-rich, let alone as stable. You're also one of the most helpful and patient modders I've ever known. You've made a huge contribution to the simming community over the years, and I wish you success and joy in whatever you spend your time on in future.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:36 PM
I can understand him having had enough of sims modding for now, but isn't he still gonna interact with us socially?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:39 PM
Even though the news made me sad, a little panicked, I fully understand and will always appreciate what you have done for the Sims 3 community. You gave so much to us and took a lot from us with a helpful post, answered our questions, and helped us have an enjoyable game. You will always be my Sim Modding god! Wishing nothing but great things in you and your spouse futures, you had a very patience person there. I thank them too! (((Hugs))) and much thanks to you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 6th Jan 2014 at 4:32 AM.
Thanks for all your hard work Lord NRaas! I don't think the effect you've had on the modding community can be summed up with mere words. But I will say that I hope you find something else that you can enjoy!

We all knew this day would come eventually, but still ...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:05 PM
WOW after all these years of Twallan you are a god no matter if you are retiring. You have made my game a thousand fold better.. I never really do thank all the modders properly.. I guess i do not have the proper trait. :>

Twallan I wish you all the luck going into the future. And thanks for making my game enjoyable and playable. As we all know Ea was never going to make this game playable or enjoyable..

Live long and prosper. May the force be with you.... Or art least have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:37 PM
Aah I knew this was coming. The signs were there if you looked for them. Thanks for everything Twallan.
So we've seen the last of the EP's, patches, and now Twallan. The twilight hour is here it seems.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 1:41 PM
Thank you so very much for everything, Twallan. The Sims 3 future just got a little dimmer.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 2:40 PM
Twallan noo thanks for everything you've done for our Sims. You'll be missed.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 3:12 PM
My deepest gratitude to Twallan and all his selfless hard work over the years. For me, the Sims 3 is unplayable without his mods. I would have shelved the game long ago if not for him and all the other greater modders in the Sims community. The best of luck to you, Twallan, in your future endeavors!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 3:48 PM
Sad day Twallan will be greatly missed! Thank you for all your awesome mods, though. You're still forever the mod god :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:07 PM
I can't believe I'm actually tearing up over this news. I feel like I'm losing my best friend. I know words cannot express the gratitude that all of us feel for the selfless amount of time you've given us to make our game play tolerable. But thank you. God bless. And we'll be watching for your insightful comments on the boards.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:07 PM
Gosh, now I feel like my 13-year old self again when I read the last chapters of Lord of The Rings for the first time and Frodo entered the boat in the Grey Havens: Sure he'll come back, sure he'll come back, he must come back, there's no way he'll stay in that boat. It's against the rules not to come back, no?
It's like the ending of an age, but I guess noone will part with twallan without the deepest gratitude.
Instructor
#15 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
So we've seen the last of the EP's, patches, and now Twallan.

Didn't SimGuruKelly say a new game update was on its way?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:48 PM
Thank you Twallan.

It's a bit sad to think that he as a single person has been making one of the biggest games playable, fixing things while massive EA has just been pumping out new buggy content.
I too would not have played if I didn't have his mods.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:55 PM
Awww gonna miss Twallan Thanks for making Sims 3 playable for me.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:03 PM
NOOOO!! if i still play Sims 3 it's thanks to Twallan mods! I'm so sad to hear this... of course i understand his choice, but nevertheless i'm so sad. I always thought that Twallan would be there forever, modding like no one else can...
Hell, Sims 3 will not be the same anymore now.
Call EaMaxis, tell them that is useless making Sims4: because Twallan would'nt be modding anymore.
And finally, THANKS, THANKS, THANK YOU very much Twallan! For all your work, efforts and kindness.
You deserve all the best!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
Didn't SimGuruKelly say a new game update was on its way?

Unless it comes with some major fixes, looks like I will not be updating. This is it for me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#20 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:12 PM
I feel like the era of The Sims 3 is getting over now... Since we knew there wouldn't be many things released on the store other than excessive store contents, we had been looking forward to modders. Well, Twallan's now out, how much hope do we have now?

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:31 PM
Twallan is one of the best, if not the best Sims3 modder and he will be sorely missed. He had no intention of modding for Sims 4 and I was looking forward to him being able to focus on tweaking some of the mods in his existing suite. It was not surprising to read his State of The Mod this morning but at the same time sad to hear. BUT... there is hope. There are a lot of talented, exceptional modders out there and I am sure several of you guys will embrace the idea of picking up where he has left off. And, being the gracious person he is, left you a parting gift in his farewell: the full source for all his mods.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:32 PM
Aww.
When it's time to move on, it's time to move on. Twallan, your mods were the thing that make me persevere with Sims 3. Thank you.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:44 PM
Very sad, indeed! Before the holidays I checked NRAAS daily for updates. But completely understand where he's coming from - life, loss of interest, etc. Good luck Twallan! You will be missed.

belissimo simsxistence: blogger | tumblr
if you read the blog and like it, I hope you'll let me know
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:51 PM
In this case, I believe sainthood can be recognized without any formal process.
Theorist
#25 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:59 PM
Very depressing news! Twallan, I would have given up on TS3 a long time ago were it not for your mods. Words can't express all my gratitude for all your hard work in making this game more enjoyable in addition to playable. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and best wishes to you!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Page 1 of 6