Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
P.S. I knew Hunter240xwas gonna get acquitted

Yay, I don't have to worry about my orgy rug, er, I mean decorative piece of furniture. XD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 9:56 AM
@MOOKIEBLAYLOCK: There's quite a lot about Wants in Syberspunk's description of the mod and in the readme that comes with the download. Possibly I didn't pay enough attention to it, because I wasn't too bothered about whether my adult Sims wanted to go steady. I just wanted the mod so there was a level of commitment below formal engagement and so that teens who were going steady might still be going steady when they grew up. I don't really play by wants. Adults go steady was (I think) originally written for use with InTeen, and I think Syberspunk really expected his downloaders to use another want-modifying mod if they didn't use InTeen. So possibly my problems were partly due to not using any mod to give them Go Steady wants. I'll read all the stuff more carefully, and maybe even give it another go some time. But I'll know the dangers this time! I know some people (joandsarah77?) use the mod with no problems, so it must be possible (though maybe nor with romance mod).

@marka93: Actually I had lots of backups, but because I was always playing with the Adults go steady hack loaded, they all appeared to be corrupted. I think one lesson I've learned is to play more than one 'hood. It was only when I found the same problems in a new and clean Pleasantview, that I realised that it must be something other than neighbourhood corruption.

It was remarkable the way the missing Wants and Fears all reappeared when the hack was removed. It made me think that perhaps the mod was merely hiding or masking them rather than deleting them, but, however it did it, they were hidden/missing in SimPE as well as in the game.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 2:14 PM Last edited by marka93 : 14th Feb 2014 at 2:43 PM.
It could be a load order problem, you might try it In a new folder that starts with either AAAA or ZZZZZ and see what happens.
For AAAA it will load first and in ZZZZ it will load last.

I just went and read the post on the "Adults Go Steady" did you also get the "Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants And Woohoo Wants" for it says you need it to for "Adults Go Steady" to work.
Quote:
If you want to enable the Go Steady wants for adults, you must use the teenenabledwoohoowants hack that contains the WantTrees.package in order for the wants to actually roll up for adults.

Also
Quote:
This is NOT needed if you have the InTeenimater.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:03 PM
@marka93: I think I misread it as only applying if I wanted them to actually want to go steady. Unfortunately, the way I play, I don't much care what they want: "If I tell you to go steady, then you'll go steady!!" (Actually I indulge a lot of my Sims' wants, but that's just to keep them happy: it doesn't dictate my gameplay.) Although I let some of my teens woohoo, I keep a lot of them to Maxis rules and don't let them go past making out. So I really prefer them not to have woohoo wants. (And, with "adult" hacks like the shower or the rug, I can get into "Clintonesque" definitions of woohoo: "I did not have woohoo with that Sim." )
Anyway I think I'll play without the Adults go Steady hack for the time being and revisit the matter later. For just now I'm just so relieved at being able to play properly again at all! It's been nearly 3 months!
Site Helper
#30 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It was remarkable the way the missing Wants and Fears all reappeared when the hack was removed. It made me think that perhaps the mod was merely hiding or masking them rather than deleting them, but, however it did it, they were hidden/missing in SimPE as well as in the game.
Very unlikely.

Undoubtedly, they were rerolled once the blocking issue was fixed.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:50 PM
Yes I understand what you are saying AndrewGloria, if you do want to use it again you must replace the wants tree in the programs folder for the "Adult go Steady" to work.

This is why I think you was having a problem with it:
Quote:
v1.10b- Added Go Steady check tree. Requires Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 12:58 PM
I think I can safely say that my problem is fixed now. I've been playing many of the lots in my original Veronaville, and nobody is losing wants or fears now!

A couple of minor but irritating glitches have appeared, which I suspect I can probably fix by reverting one or two of my hacks from the OFB to the NL versions. One is that the "thermometer" that appears above my Sims when they're skilling doesn't always disappear again when they stop skilling. The other glitch is that (at least on one lot) the Lock... Allow Household Members only option doesn't seem to work any more. Jack Gill and Ravi Bertino went into Regan and Cornwall's locked bedroom to harvest their money trees. (It's remarkable that even your nicest visitors will do this - Jack and Ravi have 9 and 10 nice points respectively!) But even if I can't fix these glitches, it's a lot better than the missing SWAFs!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 1:28 PM
I only just saw you got your game fixed, that's great. I use adults go steady with no worries, was it clashing with something?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I only just saw you got your game fixed, that's great. I use adults go steady with no worries, was it clashing with something?
The more I read the Sysberspunk's description of the Adults Go Steady mod, the more confused I get!

As I understand it, it needs a second hack to modify the wants tree. That hack seems to be Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants And Woohoo Wants. But I don't really want my teens to want to woohoo or get married, and I don't suppose you do either Jo. Syberspunk seems to mention another file: it says in the description:
"A separate file is now available that should enable the wants to go steady for adults. Use this file only if you DO NOT have any version of Teen Woohoo OR if you DO NOT want the Go Steady Want to show up between Teens and Adults. I purposefully made this separate package for those who DO NOT play with any version of Woohoo Teens or DO NOT want cross-generational relationships between Teens and Older sims. "

But I can't find a link to that file (Or I've failed to recognise which file he means).

Jo, do you have a file to modify the wants tree? I think it has to go in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4\TSData\Res\Wants*. Syberspunk says it doesn't work if you put it in your usual Downloads folder.

At first I thought it might be incompatible with my Pescado's Romance Mod, but Syberspunk says he wrote it to go with the romance mod. As I say, I get more and more confused. Did you have to do anything special to make Adults Go Steady work?

Note: * That's what it would be for me. The exact location depends on you game configuration.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 10:03 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 17th Feb 2014 at 10:18 PM.
No I didn't get the mod to change the want tree as I didn't want my teens to woohoo. I simply use the go steady as an autonomous action for adults not as a rolled want. I figure if they autonomously ask someone to go steady they do want it, so i don't need a want for it as well. I also have romance mod. I have the adultgosteady_NL and latter rar which contains 2 files, adultgosteady and adultgosteadyplusmarriage-traditional. The read me says this should mean females take the males last name although I'm not even sure why or if I need it. Maybe this is why Florence Delrosa lost her last name when she got married when I thought I had her initiate the wedding to keep her last name. I wanted them to be Delrosa's not Kent or whatever his name was. I really do like the autonomous go steady action though. I think I'll have to look into that as that is rather annoying. Thanks for getting me to look AndrewGloria or I would not have known that was the cause of her name change!

I don't get why that marriage traditional is part of it. I only wanted adults to be able to go steady, nothing else. I might try removing the second file and see what happens..

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 2:46 PM
@ jo;

Syberspunk said in the description:
"Each .zip archive contains both traditional marriage and default versions. Please only use One version that is appropriate for your EP(s)." So it should be ok to remove the traditional marriage version. But, then again, your game is working with both files, and mine didn't work with only one!

The only other difference I can spot is that I chose the non-autonomous version from MTS_syberspunk_322205_adultsgosteadynoautonomy-NLandLater.zip, because I really only wanted them to go steady when I told them. Now I can't see why a non-autonomous version should need another mod for the want tree, if the autonomous version doesn't , but it does look as if that might be the case. So I might try with the autonomous version when I get the chance. Alternatively I suppose it might be a CC clash, but it works for you, and you have far more CC than I have!

On the whole though, I'm just so relieved at having a working game, and not having to rebuild Veronaville!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 9:01 PM
Andrew, I removed the traditional marriage file the other day, but I've only been playing my TOT challenge so there has been no one to try it out as the sims there are married CAS ones and kids. So I don't know if it's working or not, it's the kind of thing you notice when it happens but that's never been an every day occurrence.Hopefully the autonomous go steady is still working.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2