Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Al-Sharq Lofts - Inspired by Al Sharq Office Complex in Kuwait

by Zarathustra Posted 8th Feb 2014 at 1:07 AM - Updated 8th Feb 2014 at 5:51 PM by lhb25

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 4:08 AM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 5:16 AM
Wow! It's certainly an eye-catcher! It will make all the other buildings in my Downtown look drab. Well, just the ones that I didn't also download from you. Great job!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:30 AM
Wow! Think this is my favourite :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 3:37 PM
What great architecture! I love the openness and feeling of freedom, even soaring, that you get from all the wonderful windows combined with the height. I've never seen anything like it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 7:03 PM
This is gorgeous! And I'm NOT a city-dweller. I'm rebuilding Belladonna Cove with help from your wonderful buildings. Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 5:19 AM
I love this! I can't use lots this large in my game due to lag, but I would if I could. Very impressive.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 3:54 PM
gorgeous! thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 2:36 PM
Not working, IDK why... I tried to put it in the downloads folder, it's not seen. I tried in the packaged lots, it didn't work here either... IDK what to do... cause I really like it.

And maybe you can put a tutorial so that people can learn how to built apartments higher than 4 floors. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ErConsf
Not working, IDK why... I tried to put it in the downloads folder, it's not seen. I tried in the packaged lots, it didn't work here either... IDK what to do... cause I really like it.

And maybe you can put a tutorial so that people can learn how to built apartments higher than 4 floors. Thanks!

Not sure why it's not working for you- I haven't heard of any issues with the lot before, so hopefully it's not that...
As far as building apartments (or anything else really too) higher, you just use the "sethighestallowedlevel XX" cheat to raise the build ceiling to above the XX floor, then build normally up to whatever height you want. At least on my game, I can't build higher than 15 floors without it crashing, but since that's about as high as you can get the camera to go anyways, I just make my designs with that in mind, and it works out.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 7:03 PM
Default :)
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Not sure why it's not working for you- I haven't heard of any issues with the lot before, so hopefully it's not that...
As far as building apartments (or anything else really too) higher, you just use the "sethighestallowedlevel XX" cheat to raise the build ceiling to above the XX floor, then build normally up to whatever height you want. At least on my game, I can't build higher than 15 floors without it crashing, but since that's about as high as you can get the camera to go anyways, I just make my designs with that in mind, and it works out.

I tried 3 times now and the game just can't see it. It's supposed to be in the lots right? In Belladona Cove or whatever... and I also have everything you said I need to have installed. And still... can't understand. I double checked... It's frustrating...

And I think there is a problem somewhere. Cause I took like several buildings that are made just with 2 3 EPs and my game still can't see them.
Maybe I shouldn't put them in downloads... I need help, that's for sure.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:02 PM
I tried 3 times now and the game just can't see it. It's supposed to be in the lots right? In Belladona Cove or whatever... and I also have everything you said I need to have installed. And still... can't understand. I double checked... It's frustrating...

And I think there is a problem somewhere. Cause I took like several buildings that are made just with 2 3 EPs and my game still can't see them.
Maybe I shouldn't put them in downloads... I need help, that's for sure.

Not sure what to tell you then... I suppose as a last resort, if you want to take the time, you're certainly welcome to reconstruct the building from the floor plan pictures. I think there's enough shown that you'd be able to get just about all of it right (and there's no CC anywhere with it, so if you have all the EPs and SPs, you have everything you'd need.) Hope you can get things straightened out somehow so that they work for you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:54 PM
Hewy I am back. Sorry to bother you so many times but I eventually built your creation and I have 8 apartments but I can only move 4 families in there. Is there a cheat code for this problem? So there I can move 8 families? Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:22 PM
Hewy I am back. Sorry to bother you so many times but I eventually built your creation and I have 8 apartments but I can only move 4 families in there. Is there a cheat code for this problem? So there I can move 8 families? Thanks

Not that I know of, unfortunately... I think the "Four families max per apartment lot" rule is pretty well ingrained into the AL options. I suppose there might be a mod someone has come up with to get around that, but I don't know of one off the top of my head, and a quick search on MTS didn't turn up anything that looked particularly likely.

Sorry this lot's given you trouble, but I'm glad you were able to come up with something that worked for you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM
NICE
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 10:41 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:12 PM
Nagyon szuper !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 7:31 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 8:01 PM
I just can't help downloading this masterpiece!
I don't know where particularly I put it, but I love it!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd May 2022 at 2:49 AM
I downloaded this a couple of years ago and loved playing it. It disappeared from my game after I added a few new homes, so I just downloaded it again. Thank you, again.