Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Disagreeing with me won't change the fact that I'm right. You know who you are.

Plus don't you know who are they are as well? Or is that only the admin who can view and see who clicks what?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:09 AM
I realized the place was hopeless hen someone had a problem, clearly stated that they had a Mac and was told to try to "force error" to stop the problem. Trouble is that that the company that ported Sims 2 to the Mac removed that option from testingcheats on the Mac. So, when the poor Mac guy said he couldn't find this he was called every name in the book. Someone came along and pointed out that the problem was not with the OP, but with the MAC port. Apparently this was just an attempt to spoil the MATYians fun and the thread continued for several pages of nothing but totally pointless bashing. (And, no, I am neither a Mac user nor the person involved.)

Oh, and if the comment about not posting over there was meant for me, don't worry. I'd rather set my hair on fire. It's more enjoyable than posting on MATY, and just about as likely to be helpful.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#28 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Or maybe it's a Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer?

As a Senator at the esteemed site of MATY, I am obliged to carry out my ambassadorial duties with the gravity they merit.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#29 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
As a Senator at the esteemed site of MATY, I am obliged to carry out my ambassadorial duties with the gravity they merit.

There are not enough t.A.T.u. songs in the world to musically describe the level of betrayal we are all feeling here.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:57 AM
'pointless bashing' is the motto of maty, is it not? lmao
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:25 AM
Yes on both counts, jo; only admins can see who's clicked what, and as I am an admin, I do know who's doing it . And evidently I am not the only one!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:06 PM
Haha, I slipped up and forgot you were an admin and not a mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#33 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:12 PM
It's really childish whoever does that.

I gave you a disagree as the one giving them all out didn't have the courage I like it to be fair :p
#34 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I gave you a disagree as the one giving them all out didn't have the courage I like it to be fair :p

Volvenom, I thought you were my FRIEND!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#35 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:22 PM
Volvenom, I thought you were my FRIEND!

Sorry !
Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Yes on both counts, jo; only admins can see who's clicked what, and as I am an admin, I do know who's doing it . And evidently I am not the only one!

This must be a fucking awesome privilege to being an admin. Sometimes I'd love to know who's clicked what on peoples' posts, especially when someone's clicked a silly post as helpful. Those are just wonderfully hilarious.

Make me a temporary admin tia :P
Mad Poster
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:49 AM
Give a fake e-mail address. Seriously. Then it'll let you sign on.

You know the saying, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen? Fair warning, things can REALLY heat up there.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
#38 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 8:43 AM
I thought it was pretty much dead there now anyway.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:06 AM
When I signed up, I realized that everybody there was just a bunch of *beep*tards that had no respect for anybody. I stopped posting comments after that.. Anyways, thanks everybody for the fun jokes and the helpful-ness..
Y'all are better than MATY. :D
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 7:16 AM
I thought the rules for surviving MATY were basically those of surviving a cutthroat law or business grad program:

(1) Demonstrate excellent writing skills;
(2) Treat the in-crowd with deference;
(3) Show no fear;
(4) Admit no ignorance;
(4)(a) If you're going to ask a question, make sure that it makes you look smart/knowledgeable; and
(5) Prove how great you are by your ability to look down on everyone else.

Alternatively, one can substitute (6) in place of (5), though they need not be mutually exclusive:
(6) Demonstrate useful, superlative skills that other people want enough to treat you well for access to them.

Of course, we know how incredibly good those cutthroat law and business programs are for people's self-esteem and mental health. (That is to say, horrible.) Personally, I have a difficult enough time understanding why someone would go through that in order to get a shiny, lucrative degree, so I really cannot comprehend why anyone would put up with it for far smaller rewards. Personally, I'm grateful that there are plenty of other Sims communities around... like this one. I play Sims to relieve stress, not to create it.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 8:17 AM
^^Seriously. I'd rather break the rules by posting a thread asking for help about a MATY download here than ask them for help.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:25 PM
Granted, there are some there that don't act like such jerks...but then there are the rest of them that have a serious pull in their keister.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#43 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
I thought the rules for surviving MATY were basically those of surviving a cutthroat law or business grad program:

(1) Demonstrate excellent writing skills;
(2) Treat the in-crowd with deference;
(3) Show no fear;
(4) Admit no ignorance;
(4)(a) If you're going to ask a question, make sure that it makes you look smart/knowledgeable; and
(5) Prove how great you are by your ability to look down on everyone else.

Alternatively, one can substitute (6) in place of (5), though they need not be mutually exclusive:
(6) Demonstrate useful, superlative skills that other people want enough to treat you well for access to them.

This just wants me to sign up and ask stupid questions with the use of too many questionmarks.

PLZZ Someone tell me how to download free cracked version of awesome mod ?!!??!!!!?!!
Inventor
#44 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:38 AM
MATY isn't nearly as awesome as they think they are...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:57 AM
"OH, and if you are a SHEEP reading this, then FUCKING LEARN TO SPELL, ASSHOLE."

"Oh, but you wouldn't do that because you are an arrogant little shit with no actual substance to any of your comments."

Wow, why would anyone want to sign up for this? I would have a hay day on that website, people would be passing the bitch witch stick to me there if they think they could act this way to me over the internet. I wouldn't waste my time trying to sign up for that... Some mods are useful yes, but no one needs to go through this kind of disgustingly rude behavior.... Unless they started it and need to be put in their place of course, and yeah I'm that kind of person PASS ME THE BITCH WITCH STICK.

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Mad Poster
#46 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 9:41 AM
some favorites..

"It is "you" and "your," not "u" and "ur," because we are adults here, not brain-dead twelves. And while we're at it, instead of hitting "Enter" at the end of each line, save those keystrokes to learn WHERE THE SHITTING HELL YOUR SHIFT KEY IS, YOU COLOSSAL FUCKING NINNYHAMMER"

"ETA: It needs to stop editing its posts. It should realize by now that everyone knows how stupid it is, and aren't going to comment on its shitty writing skills at this point. Well, not directly at least. Come on, give us something to top Horney Turkey."

"What's wrong with you? You deleted your post? That's pretty shitty forum etiquette right there. Listen, I know getting sporked can hurt your butt but jesus fuck, deal with it like an adult and do better next time rather than... whatever the fuck it is you think you did here."
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
some favorites..

"It is "you" and "your," not "u" and "ur," because we are adults here, not brain-dead twelves. And while we're at it, instead of hitting "Enter" at the end of each line, save those keystrokes to learn WHERE THE SHITTING HELL YOUR SHIFT KEY IS, YOU COLOSSAL FUCKING NINNYHAMMER"

"ETA: It needs to stop editing its posts. It should realize by now that everyone knows how stupid it is, and aren't going to comment on its shitty writing skills at this point. Well, not directly at least. Come on, give us something to top Horney Turkey."

"What's wrong with you? You deleted your post? That's pretty shitty forum etiquette right there. Listen, I know getting sporked can hurt your butt but jesus fuck, deal with it like an adult and do better next time rather than... whatever the fuck it is you think you did here."

Yeah I agree, its so bad over there they had to make a thread about how not to post

How NOT to post:

The short version of this: Don't write like a wanker! MATYzens have no sympathy for new people who insist that we should have no problem with stupid usernames, massive signatures, colored text, signing your name in every post, etc. If someone complains about the way you post, flaming back will probably get your posts sent to Retardo Land for pointing and laughing. If that isn't specific enough for you, read on:

In what world is this "awesome"? They should rename the site to free cyber-bullying.

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
dodgy builder
#48 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 11:32 AM
Sounds like just the place for me to be arrogant and rude, if I'm lucky they kick me out
Mad Poster
#49 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 8:13 PM
I have to wonder if they'd dare to be that nasty to someone in real life. Pretty easy to act like you're all that and a bag of chips too behind a computer monitor.

They complain about people acting like 12s there...well, my 12-year-old son acts more mature than a lot of them do. And he's mildly autistic to boot.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#50 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:18 PM
Frankly, I'm glad at least one forum enforces the proper use of spelling and grammar. "U", "UR","R" "dat" and whatnot, are not words. I get sick of seeing the English language butchered by people who are apparently too lazy to write out an entire word, and the fact that other people seem to think that it's okay, and should be excused or tolerated is equally appalling.
That isn't to say the way they go about enforcing their rules is pleasant, because frankly, it makes them look silly and ridiculous to go overboard in that fashion.
Page 2 of 8