Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Ciablue : 22nd Feb 2014 at 1:13 PM.
Default Process Monitor Help Needed
Hello Guys
I have been trying to get Process Monitor to work for me without success and Im hoping that someone here can help me figure out what Im doing wrong. The most recent EP I have is University Life (I own HEL, and TL Sps. My game is patched and up to date.

I downloaded the Procmon App into its on folder on my desktop, and I run it from there. I have noticed that I do not receive a license message or a UAC before the program launches. (I thought I would mention this because one of the steps listed in using the program deals with what to do when you get message)

Once the program came up I followed this path Filter>Filter to reach the filter screen per the directions. Once there I added Process Name is TS3EP09.exe include AND Path ends with .package include to the filter and clicked okay.

After clicking ok the process filter screen disappears and I then clicked Filter>Save Filter and saved my new filter as Sims3 Filter.

At this point I launch my game(In windowed mode). Getting it to launch takes a while. But once it does I alt/tab out and run ProcMon.

The problem I am having is that Procmon doesnt show anything process running while I play the game. And when I shut the game off and follow the path Tool>File Summary>by Extension there is nothing listed that to review.

Any help that anyone can provide me with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Ciablue

"You are not what you do for a living."[Tyler Durden/ B. Pitt/Fight Club]
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 2:17 PM
Where are you downloading this Procmon program from, and what are you trying to achieve with it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 4:29 PM
Hello
I downloaded the App from here. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ackage_File_Lag
I'm trying to determine if a particular package file is causing the game to hang up during loading. My game used to load very quickly and now the load takes 15 to 20 minutes. I'd hoped to check it in this way before throwing in the towel and just doing a clean reinstall of the entire game.

Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 5:41 PM
Ah I've never used that so I don't think I'd be able to help. Maybe someone else here can...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 5:50 PM
You need to add TS3W.exe, not TS3EP09.exe.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Ciablue : 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:40 AM. Reason: Tried the suggested change
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You need to add TS3W.exe, not TS3EP09.exe.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much. I will let you guys now how it works out.
Update:
I removed TS3EP09.exe, and replaced it with TS3W.exe. Added and resaved the filter. Launched Game, alt tabbed out and started the Process Monitor program. The Modified filters popped up and I clicked okay. But as far as I can tell the program is still not monitoring my game activity.

And the message on the bottom of the Procmon screen states that my current filter excludes all 6, 800,000+ events. So Im thinking Ive somehow botched my filter set up