Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:12 PM
This is a cool challenge and i shall give it a go even if no one has posted for like, 4 months!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:58 PM
Interesting challenge, but I have a few questions.

First, I'm curious why no clothes from EPs/SPs? The clothes don't do anything other than change the look of the sims, so clothes should have no effect on the actual challenge itself.

Second, if the family only starts with 100 simolens, they'd never be able to buy a house or rent an apartment in the first place... And if you mean 100 after moving in somewhere, what's to stop someone from buying a huge lot with a huge house full of items to begin with?
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:42 AM
Would you mind if I posted an updated "re-make" of this challenge with a few minor details??
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 5:25 PM
An easy challenge, but I don't like trying to keep score.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Savalara : 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:26 AM. Reason: Telling them my update
I have an idea for an improvement of this challenge.

*sticks Sims disk in CD player* Here goes!

Alright. I'm kicking out the rule that says you can't propose, that rule's just weird...but here's the rules.

NIGHTLIFE AND UNI REQUIRED. Yes, those are the two EPs I have...how'd you guess?

Go to CAS and make one adult, one teen, two children, and two toddlers. Choose whatever aspiration for the teen and adult. Make the adult parent to all of them.

Get a house, furnish it with the cheapest stuff. Cheapest beds, cheapest stoves, etc. If you need to use kaching or motherlode in order to afford the house and stuff (even with cheap stuff it can be expensive), do so as much as you want...but USE ONLY THE CHEAPEST STUFF. Once that's done, use familyfunds to bring money down to 100. After this point, the only cheats you may use is an occasional maxmotives, and USING MAXMOTIVES WILL DEPLETE YOUR SCORE. Yes, your score can enter the negatives. This is why you don't use maxmotives often.

Instantly, the second you get in, get the adult sim a job. Any of the newspaper's jobs. Yup, newspaper-even if you did get a computer, no using it! No quitting the job, either.

You can go to community lots, but not in the main neighbourhood, business district (if you have one), or any custom downtowns. You can only go to community lots in the premade Downtown, and only ones that come with it-no making your own lots or anything.

You must stay a Sim. No changing to other forms, those things are just gamebreakers.

Toddlers must learn at least one toddler skill each. Bonuses are given for teaching more.

The challenge is over when the toddlers make it to college. Good luck!

Growing up well: +2000
Growing up badly: -1000
Child has red aspiration: -500
A+ report card: +500
D report card: -1000
Engaged: +2000
Married: +5000
Social Worker: LOSE THE CHALLENGE!
Child goes to college: +500
Child goes on academic probation: -1000
Child fails/drops out of college: -2000
Maxmotives: -250
Make a friend: +500
Make a best friend: +1000
Toddler learns two toddler skills: +250
Toddler learns three toddler skills: +1000
Child born/adopted: +500

Storyteller and lover of ridiculously overcomplicated plotlines. Very inactive and not especially interested in the Sims anymore (my game's been bugged out for months anyway).
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:43 PM
Great challenge concept... I will have to try it if I ever finish the legacy I'm working on. I'm weird like that... I can never have more than one challenge going at a time.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the world together.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 11:36 PM
My family was the Chasms. Brittany was the mother, Samantha the teen daughter, and Cole and Kylie were the children. The toddlers are Kyle and a girl I can't remember the name of. For a family with only Maxis-made clothing and hair, they're all very pretty. The toddlers are halfway to childhood and because I couldn't afford skilling toys they spend all their time playing in the toilet when out of the crib. Cole and Kylie are very easy to get to platinum, they're great friends and spend all their time playing either together or with school friends Chloe and Whatshername with the brown hair that everyone but me hates.

Storyteller and lover of ridiculously overcomplicated plotlines. Very inactive and not especially interested in the Sims anymore (my game's been bugged out for months anyway).
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:02 PM.
Big Family Challenge
In CAS you start off with a mom and dad or just one but I highly suggest two. Then you make in CAS 6-7 (depends on how many parents you have)
2 toddlers (or 3 if you have one parent)
2 children
2 teens
Gender doesn't matter.
Then you move into a 2x3 lot. Then press control+shift+c and a window will pop up. Type in motherlode once and then you should have around 77, 000 simbucks. Then you must build a house with at least 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms and build any other way you want. Then you have to raise all your children until they are adults and move out. When your first two teens move out you have to have or adopt another baby (not toddler). Only one parent can have a job. If your teen gets pregnant and has a baby you have to raise their baby too.
+Points
+15 each baby born or adopted
+100 every adult that moves out (not parents)
+25 for every toddler maxed out skill
+15 every child maxed out skill
+10 every teen maxed out skill
+15 every cleaning/cooking maxed out adult
+5 every other adult maxed out skill
+10 every teen that falls in love
+20 when toddler learns to walk, talk, or potty
-100 every child taken by the social worker
-5 every pee on the floor
-10 every rodent problem
-200 when sims dies from unnatural causes
-10 every sickness (mental or physical)
-10 when sim moves out before adult
-25 every pregnant teen
-25 every teen that moves in or adult moves in
NO CHEATS OTHER THAN ONES LISTED ABOVE
NO EPs NEEDED
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:15 PM
Also Also
-15 every fired/demoted (including teens)
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:30 PM
Well, I started mine! Here's the storyline. Minnie and Jeff met in college and was married when they graduated and got right down to making childre. Jamie was born first and then Lillie. Then they had fraternal twins Ginger and Spice. Then they had Sandy and last but not least Abigail. They want more kids soon but are afraid they won't have enough room. Check out pics at http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums...mview=slideshow
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 13th Feb 2011 at 3:02 PM.
Nice challenge. Here is my story:

Estelle met the most handsome guy in the neighbourhood, Errol. Love at first sight, Errol and Estelle Jeebra! So their collage years flew by and they moved into a biggish house with a nice garden. After that they had 2 children, Koto and Francis. When the toddler stage went, another two came by, but this time, twins. When the twins were children, Estelle was most happy when she found another baby, then after that birth another came by,then after that birth another came by. After that Errol strolled up to Estelle, who was cudlling her new babies, and announced " I have found another, better woman then you. She is known by the name of Wendy." then he linked arms with a woman holding a baby, and marched out. Estelle was so shocked she could not move. Then she got back her senses, and she was feeling anger. After she had got changed, she put her two toddlers in the quadruple buggy, and put the babys in a pram Koto was pushing. She paid the bill and marched out with all of her children, feeling strong.

When they got home, Yvette and Yvonne (the twin children) asked how she would cope. Insted of an awnser, they got sent to bed with the babies and toddlers.
"Ma, how will you cope?" asked Koto.
"Im not sure sweetie," replied Estelle "but we will be fine, now go to bed, its very late."
Francis and Koto went to bed. Four names to give, to my lovely, caring children, thought Estelle.
Here are my toddlers names:
Quinta (it means 5th born, and she is 5th born!)
Xavier
Here are my babies names:
Mohammed
Mai
Maemi
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you like?

PS:Click on the pics
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 9:08 PM
It looks great!
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:33 PM
just to say its simolians.and this sounds rather good.

sims are be teh awsome way of life[I][B]
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 2:56 AM
Well... i'm doing this challenge, and i've just made my family.
Lawrence and Beatrice ((Parents)) moved their rather large family into a wonderful home in hopes to raise all 6 children successfully
2 teenage girls - Jenny and Jamie twins
2 children, boy and girl - Tamara and Jordan
2 toddler boys - Brendan and Blake twins.
I'm just checking over the rules again, I think i've followed them, yeah??

Storyline - Beatrice really wanted a large family to surround herself with good vibes, she also hopes for 6 grandchildren! So she met a lovely man (Lawrence) and they started their family together :P...

I know.. pretty boring, but atleast i'm following the rules.. -.-
I will prolly update with my scores!

"When darkness falls hope is a concept broken with suffering."
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:16 PM
cool! It doesnt matter length
My teenagers are now moved out and another baby born.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 1:09 AM
No points for promotions??

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:24 AM
K, this is my scoring so far.
Week 1:
+20 Blake learnss to walk
+20 Brendan learns to walk
+20 Blake learns to talk
Brendan and Blake grew up
+15 Blake maxed out cleaning
+15 Beatrice maxed out cooking
+15 Jordan maxed out cleaning.
105 points
Week 2:
+10 Jenny maxed out cooking
+10 Jamie maxed out mechanical
-5 Jenny peed on floor
+15 Tamara maxed out cooking
+15 Brendan maxed out mechanical +45 so far... lol 150 so far.. week 2 isn't over
Beatrice is preggers with another kid since it's the start of a new week and Jordan and Tamara are about to grow up to teens.

Inventor
#43 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 3:41 AM
one question: pregnant teen is listed as both -50 and -25, so which is it? 'cause at least one teen in most of my families ends up pregnant

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 5:09 AM
Edit
+20 promotion adult
+25 promotion teen
-35 every pregnant teen
Update
Have to start over because I didn't save which I always forget to do and I know what you mean Violet. Same with me. I always end up with a pregnant teen. Like I am on fifth or sixth generation of a family and every generation except the first has had at least one pregnant teen. And the saddest part is my family is already pretty big and the pregnant teen just hates taking care of her baby until child so the mom takes care of them. (except the first)
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 9:50 PM
Is there an end to this challenge? What's the goal?

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:55 AM
The end is when all your children are gone!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 12:06 AM
Bella Goth and 20 alien kids
Hello, again everyone!
Sorry if you didn't like my last challenge.

Your goal is to make Bella Goth have 20 alien children

STEPS:
1. Spawn Bella with the tombstone of L&D in Strangetown (MUST BE STRANGETOWN)
2. Move her out into a BIG house
3. Get her alien pregnant with the tombstone of L&D
4. The day after she gives birth, get her alien pregnant again
5. Repeat steps 2-4 while taking care of the other kids

Points for the kids:
+5 Every toddler potty trained
+5 Every toddler that learned to walk
+5 Every toddler that learned to talk
+15 Every A+ brought home
+10 Every steady boyfriend/girlfriend
+8 Every best friend
+10 Every kid that learned how to study
+15 Every engagement that is not broken off for the kids
+20 Every marriage for the kids
-20 Every D or lower brought home
-15 Every enemy made for the kids
-10 Every child that aged up badly
-20 Every engagement broken off for the kids

Points for Bella
+10 Every grandchild Bella gets
+5 Every child she gives birth to
+5 Every best friend Bella gets
-15 Every enemy Bella makes

Bella cannot get married/engaged/go steady with anyone. No one may move in to help her. Nannies and repairmen are allowed. Servos are not allowed. Bella must give birth to 20 alien kids. Aging cheats must be used because Bella would age up before having all her kids. Pregnancy cheats may be used to shorten her pregnancy, but it may only be shortened to one day, no less!

Post your pics!

Screenshots
Page 2 of 2