Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:28 PM
That was probably the breadfruit tree. Other tree fires go out, but the breadfruit tree glitches unless you install a specific fix, from Cyjon. http://cyjon.net/node/42

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:34 PM
Well...I hope it is always true for mailbox. This would have caused my residential lot to become unplayable, and turn it into buy/build mode kind of.
But I'll have to tell you the opposite, for trees it seems. Maybe yours was bugged, caught in a never ending loop.
In a vanilla game, a few days ago, while testing interactions, the sim I needed for testing died by fire...trying to extinguish her one and only tree. Everything went down, tree included. i was just there to test soup jeese..and I haven't thought of buying them a fire alarm. her kids sweep the tree off to the garbage.

But this is not all! lol
After that mailbox experience, I went to play my dear apartment lot. Dunno how much you can see of it on this pic, but there is a 2 X 4 path that leads to front entrance of building. On each side, a 1 X 4 fenced, and each of the 4 squares are taken by a small tree. Decoration purpose...but it makes that 1 X 4 unreachable by sims, since..all squares are taken, obviously. " of the 4 trees are already burned down, but fireman still cannot access the spot.
See spoiler.

My sim was sleeping, it was night and a storm had being going on for a while already, sim hours..it is summer. Then as long as it took for me to see a fire started on one of the little trees, a firetruck arrive.
Storm stopped just before fire started. But no alarm had been heard, hers is in the kitchen, inside, above her oven..so the game called firedept all by self.
I was surprised, as I always thought, firemen were called BY the fire alarm, when you have one and that fire is happening in the same room.
All I could think was that the game knew, the fire would just never stop, it was not raining anymore..and the worst was to happen. (?!?)
But!!!!! lol
When the firedude got down his truck, he ran like crazy, but seemed lost..then a message pop along those lines : "We have a problem! I cannot reach to the fire!"
I could just laugh and go get pop corn. I always save my game when my sim goes to bed.
She..was not waking up BTW, she was still in her bed, sleeping with her new cat.
Fire kept going, and got bigger. I decided to wake up Raphaelle, thinking she might be less stupid that this lame fireman...well, I was almost wrong..right..hard to tell lol.
She stepped right into it, but then could not move..no sim space, trees in the way.
She goes back to sidewalk..and catch on fire. Thanks to the..quick move of the fireman, she is OK.

He never was able to extinguish anything. (besides my sim) He ended up just standing in the 1 X 4 "room" and looked helpless, waiting for one pit of fire to stop, so he can reach the other etc.
That was amazingly cool....
Maybe this is what happens on apartment lots..maybe no alarm is needed when fire starts outside..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:01 PM
Hmm, never knew about the breadfruit tree glitch. Thanks for the link.

Rosebine, you can DL a buyable mailbox if yours ever does vanish for some reason.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Hmm, never knew about the breadfruit tree glitch. Thanks for the link.

Rosebine, you can DL a buyable mailbox if yours ever does vanish for some reason.

Actually, I did once because my daughter deleted hers by mistake. But this hacked mailbox does not work as it should. A game one, will automatically turn into an apartment one after you enter the change lot zoning cheat. A downloaded one, will not. I cannot stand this. I tried, and that was my observation.
I was used to always see that change happening as soon as cheat was typed in and enter was pressed. So I took it out of my downloads folder. It was back to normal. Of course, my daughter got her lot bulldozed.
So no thanks.

And even if I was happy to play with this annoyance, this would not change the fact that..the lot becomes unplayable if there is suddenly no mailbox on it. So how would one even save the lot if that happened?
Can you just exit to hood..then exit game, then plop the CC mailbox in..then get back playing your lot as a residential like if nothing happened?
I am not going to let a CC mailbox sits in my Downloads folder, keeping me from enjoying my apartment lot joyfullnesses, just incase another mailbox fire happen.
I wonder why EA even made the mailbox fire-able to start with.

Mad Poster
#55 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:14 PM
There's a buyable apartment mailbox too.

I'm pretty sure that if you move the family out using the move family option in the neighbourhood screen, then you can then go into the house in buy mode and place a new mailbox.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:16 PM
Oh maybe. Though the one I got was up to date for AL, well..it is what it said...even though it seemed that it was made before the EP came up seeing this annoyance.
But this adventure gave me much troubles.
I'd rather cheat to put fire out, if ever this happen again.

Mad Poster
#57 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 7:17 PM
Buying a wormrat, or aquarium etc..in an own pet store does not furfil the.."get a (any pet) want"
Buying from catalog, does...
Is it me, or my game?

I specifically built a pet store for THAT reason..

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:30 AM
Not sure, Rosebine. Sorry. Strangely, I never had a pet store in my game (but that's part of another thread).

OK. I've already repeated (probably way too much), my frustration with the tour guide. How he'll appear in my relationship panel for the first Sim in a group who talks to him the first time, even when I try a vanilla game. Normally, this wouldn't have been a problem .... if the stupid pest didn't try calling my Sim. That's when I found the guide in the relationship panel, and I now simply zap him out of it in case he decides to get chatty again. A social mod I used MIGHT have caused this, but really, I have no idea if it did or not. The guide called only one of my Sims, and quite a few of them have gone on vacation. It could have been a game glitch.

But now ... can ghosts have relationships with Sims , particularly that pirate ghost? (Edward Dregg). I think it's possible, since apparently you need to get a relationship going with him to learn the sea chanty. But I'm now nervous that HE'LL try calling a Sim!

Relationships with ghosts ... game or me?

I suppose I can just use one Sim and put the phone on silent mode permanently. Sigh.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 5:03 AM
I remember that pirate used to call my sim..that was years ago. I had made a beach lot, and placed the ship on it..Strangely, after my sim built a good relationship with him..he learned the song but..was receiving phone calls too. But my sim was also living on that lot.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 8:50 AM
Aw, fer .... guess I won't interact with him, either. I don't THINK ghosts are supposed to call your Sim. Neither are tour guides.

If I recall, I think you can probably learn the sea chantey some other way. And if I can't, my Sim will have to be chanteyless and survive. Somehow. Thanks, Rosebine. (Luckily, when I saw the relationship panel, I exited without saving, so that dread Pirate isn't in anyone's panel as of now.)

Instructor
#61 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:10 PM
2 good witches (NPCs) showed up on a hobby lot at the same time. They're both different people. Could be it's a mod I've got installed, could be a glitch. Anyone know of a mod that would do this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:35 PM
I had that happen to me not too long ago, and admittedly, I panicked and posted here. From the responses, I believe it's an uncommon game glitch, but it isn't a bad one. Even if you have a no-regen mod, Maxis provides three good or evil witches.

Instructor
#63 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:45 PM
[QUOTE=gazania]I had that happen to me not too long ago, and admittedly, I panicked and posted here. From the responses, I believe it's an uncommon game glitch, but it isn't a bad one. Even if you have a no-regen mod, Maxis provides three good or evil witches.[/QUOTE

Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who panicked :D
Inventor
#64 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
It's me...I put some lighting mod (in Downloads?) and the lighting at dusk and dawn are irritating (as is the BLACKNESS of night) but I can't FIND it to remove it.

If you still can't find the annoying lighting file, you could try this: for each lot, type in the cheat line:
SetLotLightingFile clear
I use it to get rid of the annoying gloom of the House of Fallen Trees.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:36 AM
A new one. (And I'm not sure I should be resurrecting this thread. If not, let me know, castigate me gently but firmly, please, and I'll remove this post.)

My witch Sim taught her children the ways of her craft. The two young teens proudly wore their robes, which they kept when they entered Uni. (And which caused lots of hair glitches, but I digress.) They returned to their original hood, but now, they don't have their robes. They can't obtain them in any way (The hats, yes; the clothes, no). I've tried curing them and making them witches again through Insim. Nice try, but no. They perform all the functions of their current alignment (one is good; the other evil), but they don't change. Other adult witches can access their clothing with no problem. Not these two.

Now I DO have the mod that keeps Sims from poofing into their robes all the time. However, as I wrote, the adult Sims can access their garments with no problem. Fortunately for these two gentlemen, there is some great CC so that they can be stylish in CC robes. But I can't get them into the game's robes at all. They're not in the wardrobe (perhaps because the game left them at Uni?). I even tried having one visit the magic lot, but to no avail. He could do the things normal good witches do, but he's in his CC outfit.

I will next try to cure one and see if he gets his robes when he encounters a High Witch, though I don't know if he retains his spell knowledge if he reverts. I can try what I can first in my junk hood ... cure a Sim, delete the cauldron and podium, and see what happens next. Do the clothes disappear as well? Can that Sim get them back if he or she becomes a witch again?)

So wonky witch clothes when a teen witch goes through Uni and gets back into the hood .... is it the game, or is it me?

I should note that when my Uni Sim graduated, he had a flashing blue face. I could correct that, however.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:50 AM
You can buy the witch robes off the rack. Try that.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#67 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:29 AM
Not only two good witches but also two bad witches was at the same time on hobby lot. And then I had no CC at all. EAxis spawned every kind of NPC so often that my game lagged all time. And when at one night on my residental lot was fighting two LoTP and game spawned third.... I turned to The Sims Wiki and found this: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption and started downloading my first mods.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I can't be the only one who plays this game and wonders if something is a game problem or something I did to mess with it.

I'm not talking about CC crashes or jump bugs, Those are obvious, and I know what to do. I would think most of us know that drill. I mean odd things that make you wonder if you downloaded something weird that caused a strange game behavior or if it's a Maxis limitation. And this is presuming one has patched, of course.

For instance, is something I downloaded preventing people within an apartment from e-mailing each other, or is it a game annoyance? I mean, I can e-mail people in my own house in real life!

Does something in the game prevent people in an apartment from going on a group outing, or did I do something weird, or is it a lot portal glitch? When they get into the cab, it just stands there. Fortunately, my Sims can walk to a lot, or go to a lot and call their group mates from there, so it's not that big a deal.

Is it a game glitch when sometimes, the custom hair on my warlocks will turn semi-transparent? I'm guessing it has to do with the hat they wear. That's fixable, fortunately, but a little alarming when your Sim literally looks like an airhead.

Does anyone else have such questions? Or answers? A big smile if you know the magical words, "There's a mod for that!"

So, just a general question; are there any fixes for these issues and glitches now?

I recently just started using apartments in my neighborhood, and several stuff you mentioned (outings, etc...) are quite important to me...
Mad Poster
#69 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 4:35 PM
The thing to remember is that apartment code and dorm code work similarly - both dormies and apartment neighbors (including the inactive playables) get irresistibly called back to their units to fill their needs, and this overrides scenario coding, so to get a date or an outing that includes an apartment neighbor or a dormie, you need to get off the lot. All your apartment dwellers will need cell phones if they're going to be including apartment neighbors on outings. An outing that contains no apartment residents besides the active sim(s) will leave the apartment normally.

You can neither e-mail nor call people whom the game perceives to be on the same lot as you. You can't e-mail people in the same house, so if you're trying to e-mail an apartment neighbor and can't, the game is perceiving him to be on the lot. It's possible that you can't e-mail someone who is in the common area but will be able to if he goes into his own unit (which is a separate lot). Experiment with that.

The translucent hair I've never seen.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:51 AM
Ok, I'm game. My problem deals with what I call harassment in the nth degree. Not every so often, but rather EVERY time any Sim goes to sleep, a bowzer comes to the lot and digs a hole, then barks all night long. You can count on it.
During the day, another naughty dog comes to any lot I'm playing to wreck havoc with the lot pooch or kitty. This happens when the Sim I'm playing is deeply absorbed in a task.

Every time a Sim or family sits down to their meal, the phone starts ringing. Every time. Or a Sim comes to the door. Sometimes they march right in if a Sim on the lot ignores them.

And then there's the SIM THAT WON'T LEAVE. If they are in the hot tub, the next morning they are beet red but still alive.
Whenever a Sim goes to buy a latte on a community lot, all the other Sims line up and crowd the coffee stand. It's the only place to be on that lot and everybody wants a latte all of a sudden. The intended Sim never gets to purchase the latte.
Whenever I send my Sim outdoors, it starts raining. Just try to ignore the ominous skies. Bad idea because then it starts thundering. Nine times out of ten, something outside will catch fire.

I haven't played for a few weeks so that's all I can remember at this time, but there's more.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:04 AM
Nope, that's you. Or you didn't patch your game. There's also fixes for hobby person spam and some phone harrassment.

The phone ringing off the hook in the evening does happen when a lot of relationships decay at once - they're calling to preserve friendships. It usually starts around six.

Fence your yard and the dog won't dig holes in it.

Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:35 AM
For coffee I am giving 3-4 orders in a row to buy it, so my sims don't go away if others are interrupting him.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:54 AM Last edited by gazania : 30th Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM.
Nope. Can't buy the clothes off the rack. They work perfectly fine for all other witches, just not the ones that went from teen through Uni. The clothes are in the dorm's inventory, so they didn't disappear. Since my warlock fell within all three alignments at various points, he can't just switch and get a robe in a different alignment. I think the game believes he has the clothes; therefore, he doesn't need them. I don't have the clothes mod I mentioned on my test machine, and my daughter noticed that the same thing happened.

Curing him and making him a warlock again doesn't help.

The only thing that MIGHT help would be to create a Sim, make him a warlock, and move him in with my affected Sim, perhaps as a roommate, then move the new Sim out. I wonder if the outfit will show up then.

M.M.A.A;, I do know that Sims can't e-mail each other in an apartment. Apparently, the game thinks of the apartments as one lot or something? And I believe that apartment residents can walk to the lot; just not take the taxi.

EDIT ... The warlock problem was me, not the game. Apparently, the witch clothing mod did something to any witch or warlock who became one either before graduating Uni or after I put in the mod. Once I got rid of the mod, I could change the witch alignment and get all my clothes back. Unfortunately, that means my Sims are poofing into witch or warlock clothes again, but such is life.

I'm still not sure what caused the transparent hair issue or the blue face upon graduation. I believe my Sims will become witches AFTER graduation from now on. They can wait!

And I believe the mod was one of the ones here (a Squinge mod, surprisingly, which is unusual ... perhaps it didn't play nice with another mod in my Downloads):

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94514.0.html

Field Researcher
#74 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
Is it me... in a previous installation when I tried to use the phone to ring a sim they would lift the receiver and immediately put it down again. Phones would not work at all. (Though now with Freetime I wish they still wouldn't.)

I get households with this problem very now and then; thankfully, the house members can use mobile phones without a problem (virtually the only time I get mobile phones for people) and the problem resolves itself soon enough, so everything's back to normal.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 3:35 AM
It has to be the game, though i am not supposed to see this.
You know how toddlers aren't supposed to be seen outside their apartment unit when you aren't playing their unit?
They aren't allowed outside, probably because it is considered "community" and..as we know, toddlers aren't allowed on community lots.

Well, as The Shannon's Family unit was done loading, who do I see outside?
Adora. A toddler from the unit across them, The Marcossa Family. She was obviously heading back home, but there was no interaction possible, not even the "Gussy up..." one that you get on every sim when you have that mod.
I doubt that it would be because last time I played the Marcossa family, Adora was outside with her mom or something.
Adora walked from the mailbox like if she was coming from another lot?, pass by her big sister Miranda..I thought maybe Miranda was coming out to..get her? No...she was going elsewhere apparently, and little Adora just walked inside, as her father was coming out.
That was cool...but what's happening? lol
Screenshots

Page 3 of 4