Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:57 PM Last edited by dbgager : 13th Apr 2014 at 12:19 AM.
Default Sims 4 will be released soon but I imagine most people will still be playing Sims 3 for quite awhile
Sims 4 looks to be a big improvement on Sims 3 giving the Sims emotions and such. The problem will be however that Sims 3 is much more developed and expansive with all the expansions and content. You know the basic game is going to be fairly limited leaving room for lots of expansion. It will take years for Sims 4 to catch up. I am thinking I might wait to buy it for awhile to let it age some like a fine wine.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:30 AM
I'm 99 percent certain that I will not ever be buying Sims 4. EA sucks and they're muddyducking* evil. And I'm not about to reward them for that.

*This is not to disparage muddy ducks. I like muddy ducks I like all ducks.
I just couldn't think of another word to rhyme with fuck.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
I'm 99 percent certain that I will not ever be buying Sims 4. EA sucks and they're muddyducking evil. And I'm not about to reward them for that.

They didn't call me back in an interview I did for localization tester last week so yeah they're evil. Boo.

MAYBE it was because I never even touched a xbox or maybe because I said my worst flaw was that I'm a perfectionist. Really, me?

Their office in Madrid is nice, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:42 AM
They are however a very wealthy company. A long time ago they announced even before Sims 3 came out that they had sold over 100 million copies of the Sims. You know that is up to at least 160 million now..At an average of $30 per copy. That is about 5 billion dollars they have made just off the Sims. That is without all there Sports games and other games. Isn't Tiger Woods up to about version 11..and John Madden up to like version 13.

What they are experts at is milking a franchise...Someday when our children are playing The Sims 7 they will say that game you used to play was archaic..
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dbgager
They are however a very wealthy company.

Yes. I know they're a wealthy company. Why should that compel me to give them more money for a shitty product?
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:51 AM
Whatever. If any of you guys ever play Sims 4 or any upcoming game in brazillian portuguese and it's all full of gramatical errors, you know why. It's because I wasn't there testing it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:52 AM
Yes. I know they're a wealthy company. Why should that compel me to give them more money for a shitty product?

You cannot blame a business for wanting to make money. Thats what they do. It keeps the stockholders and employees happy. I think their product is pretty good or they would not be making so much money from it. Obviously a lot of people like to play the Sims....That does not make a company evil. It just means they are providing a commodity that people want.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:53 AM
Yeah, you can be sure their employees are happy. I mean, I really mean what I said about their offices. lol
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:58 AM
You cannot blame a business for wanting to make money. Thats what they do. It keeps the stockholders and employees happy. I think their product is pretty good or they would not be making so much money from it. Obviously a lot of people like to play the Sims....That does not make a company evil. It just means they are providing a commodity that people want.

I never said it did. What makes them evil is that they make a shitty product. They have yet to fix the problems in Sims 3...after umpteen game-breaking patches, they have yet to fix the game. They deliberately cheated consumers. That makes them obscenely evil.

Apparently, there are many who agree with me.

And oh, what's this?
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:02 AM
Sims 4 looks to be a big improvement on Sims 3 giving the Sims emotions and such. The problem will be however that Sims 3 is much more developed and expansive with all the expansions and content. You know the basic game is going to be fairly limited leaving room for lots of expansion. It will take years for Sims 4 to catch up. I am thinking I might wait to buy it for awhile to let it age some like a fine wine.

I agree! I have all the expansions and stuff packs for Sims 3 (took me a while to complete) and to be honest, I might just stick with that. I'm just going to wait until someone I know buys Sims 4 so I can play it and check it out, if it looks much better then I might splurge but I doubt it'll be that much of a change. Maybe once there's a Sims 5 or something haha
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:03 AM
They are constantly fixing bugs. The problem is with all the expansions . The game gets bigger and bigger. If you have all of them I believe its well over 40 GB. Thats a lot to fix.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:10 AM
They are constantly fixing bugs. The problem is with all the expansions . The game gets bigger and bigger. If you have all of them I believe its well over 40 GB. Thats a lot to fix.

Bugs they produced! Problems from early on remain UNFIXED. They have no business putting out a game with problems. And they have no business adding buggy, problematic EPs with newer bugs...especially when they have yet to fix the older bugs. Then, to top it off, they use their patches to break the fixes modders have produced just so people can play the games they spent money for.

What EA would do if they had any fucking morals is either fix the fucking game, or refund ON DEMAND all monies paid for their shitty product.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:12 AM
I never said it did. What makes them evil is that they make a shitty product. They have yet to fix the problems in Sims 3...after umpteen game-breaking patches, they have yet to fix the game. They deliberately cheated consumers. That makes them obscenely evil.

Apparently, there are many who agree with me.

Yes yes, while there are companies out there doing things to destroy the environment and cause deaths of thousands of people, the public decided to go and vote companies that suffer from oversight and making bad marketing decisions as the worst/most evil companies in the world. That doesn't say anything about the companies, it just shows the priorities of people lie solely in their own satisfaction. "People are being killed for trivial products, but my video game doesn't work sometimes when I push it too hard so I'm going to say EA is evil. Take that, EA! Continue to profit somehow despite all of us getting together and saying you're mean, online!"

I'm not saying they aren't bad, I'm just saying on a scale of 1-10 in categorizing them, they're about a 4. They're not even worse than MPAA//RIAA, comparitively.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:21 AM Last edited by tsyokawe : 13th Apr 2014 at 4:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thy Armageddon

I'm just saying on a scale of 1-10 in categorizing them, they're about a 4. They're not even worse than MPAA//RIAA, comparitively.

I agree with you, there. I'm just trying to make the point that EA is not the popular company the OP EA shill made it out to be.

BTW, I don't chalk up their marketing problems to incompetence, but greed.

eta: I should clarify. While I agree that EA is not up there with the with the oil, cosmetics, and pharma companies, etc, I do, however, think of them as an obscenely evil company, because they steal from the consumer. They don't steal because they're hungry or need money. They steal, because they can. And because they're greedy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:29 AM
I agree with you, there. I'm just trying to make the point that EA is not the popular company the OP EA shill made it out to be.

BTW, I don't chalk up their marketing problems to incompetence, but greed.

There is no such thing as greed when your talking about a business. Greed is a human emotion. Every single major company is out to make the most money they can. Do you shop at Wallmart. DO you know they have driven 1000s of smaller stores out of business with their expansion and underpricing tactics. Its all about the bucks...
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:15 AM
Sims 4 looks to be a big improvement

Quote:
like a fine wine

Quote:
They are constantly fixing bugs.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Instructor
#17 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:28 AM
... Well, in response to the title, obviously people will be playing Sims 3 when SIms 4 is released.
People still play The Sims and The Sims 2 and custom content is still created for both (TS1 being a bit harder to find but it's out there).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:06 AM
I'll play the Sims 4 if EA give me a brand new computer capable of running it perfectly, for free.
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I'll play the Sims 4 if EA give me a brand new computer capable of running it perfectly, for free.
Is that a roundabout way of saying you want a new smartphone?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:59 AM
Alchemist
#21 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:10 AM
I will jump over to The Sims 4 and honestly I think I will stay there.
It seems to me that this time they have focused more on quality gameplay rather than all new '' feautures '' that was really done bad.
Inventor
#22 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:31 AM
Or they fucked both gameplay and graphics and that is the reason we're not getting any news.

I will probably stick to TS3.
Scholar
#23 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:25 PM
I'll stick to The Sims 3 as well.

I'm already disappointed with the EPs for The Sims 3 (they didn't remake the Open Business EP from The Sims 2, which was to me the best one, and are now trying to remake it in a cheap way on the Store and we have to pay for it (Bakery, restaurant)... No thanks). Perhaps I'll wait until some EPs for The Sims 4 come out to see what the themes will be (The Sims without EPs are really poor). But really, I don't see myself paying again more than 300 euros to have the complete game...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:40 PM
I dont think I will buy Sims 4
There is so much stuff in Sims 3 I haven't tried yet
And the sims in Sims 4 looks like plastic, the hair are ugly and the eyelashes is one line
Inventor
#25 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:16 PM
I bought the Sims and a lot of expansion for that, then Sims 2 came out and I bought that, not looking back at the first game since in my view the second was light years ahead. I bought plenty of expansion for Sims 2 as well making the game ever more complete.

Then came Sims 3 and again the cycle continued, even though 3 wasn't as much as a leap over 2 as 2 had been over 1, the open neighbourhood and CaSt won me over and I never looked back to 2.

Now I have all the expansion packs for 3, most of the stuff packs and even quite a bit of store stuff (all funded from gift vouchers I got from birthdays etc.)
I don't feel like doing it all over AGAIN.
From what I've seen from Sims 4 it hasn't impressed me in the slightest, yeah the CAS looks good, but I think the S3 version is good enough, and the gameplay looks to "facebooky" to me.

Nope not going to buy Sims 4, ever. I'm sticking with S3 and will continue on making my own 'hood with a mix of rural/urban/suburban and industrial areas.
Also knowing EA (Maxis is dead, SimCity proved that) they'll have an even more annoying version of micro-transaction going on in Sims 4 and will try to prevent mods like they did early on with 3.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: As much as I would love to hear all over again why you won't play TS4 ... nah, I got nothing.
Page 1 of 3