Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 2:44 PM
I will be playing Sims 3 for a long time because "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" adage. Since the patching has slowed down the modders have come out with alternative ways to play Sims 3 and I enjoy it again. Spent too much on this game to let it go.

I won't say never will I buy Sims 4, I am still watching out for releases and seeing if EA can knock me off my cynical feet but I still highly doubt it. If I ever go down the road of curiosity to buy Sims 4, I have to wait until there's a sale, BOGO style. I am just burnt out and not interested.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:24 PM
Sims 4 will age less like fine wine.. It would be more like moldy bread
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:47 PM
I love how my SIms looks with all the CCs out there. From what I have seen for TS4, I'm not impressed with the look of the Sims, it looks so cartoony and still so pudding face. That being said I'm intrigue about the possible smarter sims in 4...It's all up in the air for me.
Alchemist
#29 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 8:21 PM
I will certainly be trying TS4 when it comes out. Whether or not I continue playing it... well, that depends on how much I enjoy it.

I think I'm one of the very few people who don't give a shit what their Sims look like... call me crazy, but I actually kinda like how the TS4 Sims look.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:07 PM
I'm definitely going to stick with TS3. Nothing I've heard about TS4 has got me that excited, and I don't wanna drop $50 on something that I don't think I'll enjoy. I'll probably get it someday, but not until the price drops and it's available on Steam (and the modding community has had a chance to fix all the inevitable errors). In the meantime, I'm going to spend my gaming money on stuff I know I'll enjoy.

EDIT: Also, "greed is a human emotion?" Try "a major character flaw."
Scholar
#31 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:22 PM
I know I'll eventually cave and get The Sims 4, even if it's only because it's discounted for some sort of Christmas deal five months after release, but honestly the expansion packs are a different story. They're really going to have to wow me if I even consider buying them, and that's only if TS4 base game knocks my socks off. Until then, I'll just do what I'm doing now, play TS2 when I'm in the mood for it, and TS3 when I'm in the mood for it. I like them both pretty equally...

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:52 PM
I have stopped playing TS3 for quite a while and only time will tell how amazing TS4 is going to be. I'm looking forward to it.
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:01 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 14th Apr 2014 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I have stopped playing TS3 for quite a while and only time will tell how amazing TS4 is going to be. I'm looking forward to it.

Haha, well many simmers aren't so optimistic.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Haha, well many simmsers aren't so optimistic.

Even if TS4 turns out to be awful, I would still not be playing TS3. I will look forward to TS5.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:32 PM
I don't drive my car any more, because I heard there's going to be a new model later this year.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I don't drive my car any more, because I heard there's going to be a new model later this year.

Will your garage be able to accomodate two cars? Maybe you'll need an upgrade.
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:56 PM
Sims 3 will always be forever and that's final.
Scholar
#38 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by froggie
Sims 3 will always be forever and that's final.

I'm sure your grandchildren will enjoy it one day just as much as you do right now.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:41 AM
I personally feel that if the Sims 3 modding community is able to create a few more mods that fill in the gaps and buffs up the simulation, the Sims 4 could be put off for a while.

There just isn't anything shown so far that catches the eye for the right reason.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dbgager
They are constantly fixing bugs. The problem is with all the expansions . The game gets bigger and bigger. If you have all of them I believe its well over 40 GB. Thats a lot to fix.

Over 40Gb of bugs? I am surprised TS3 would last this long with every single thing a bug. But from software development point of view, I am sure there are bigger software out there with far less bugs. So it is EA's sloppy and nearsighted approach to coding that got them into the mess at the first place. We are paying for the software, they should have them bug free (at least not this buggy).

I just hope they keep Sims 3 store open so we can redownload contents.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#41 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube

That's a very good point, actually.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:50 PM
I'm used to playing Sims 3 and I like it too much. I have a few of the expansion packs already and I'd like to get the rest of them before I even think of getting Sims 4. I can wait for that game. I didn't start playing Sims 3 until a few years after the game was released(granted I hadn't heard of it for a long while), so I'm going to wait a while until I start playing Sims 4, at least until they release an expansion pack.
Alchemist
#43 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:11 PM
I'm definitely sticking to Sims 3. I haven't seen anything in the Sims 4 previews that I find appealing and the simmies look like they're a crossbreed of Disney's Tarzan characters and lego men. For me the biggest turnoff is the graphics. Maybe they'll improve, who knows. But still, I'm gonna just lay back and watch from the sidelines for awhile after the game is released. I will be especially interested to see what kind of magic all the cc creators are going to be able to perform.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:53 AM
Honestly the emotions shit and graphics do look interesting to me personally, but aside from the expense of the game itself and subsequent EPs, I'd not be surprised if it requires a big fancy pants strong computer to run decently on. That and plus no CAST can go fuck right off, and I just can't shake this feeling that the other features will flop harder than an impotent man's dick. Still, it'll be interesting to check out the TS4 forum when it does come out, to see what those who were brave enough to buy it make of it.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:02 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 15th Apr 2014 at 4:06 AM. Reason: Typo
Whatever it is, I will wait for TS4 to mature before I consider.

My mistake with TS3 was buying into the idea that it was an "open world" now, that sims could freely walk everywhere, and would you look at those fancy community buildings? There must be new tools to build stuff. But problem was: the idea was not as great as anticipated. It was good, but I left TS2 to a world of TS3 with so little resources and content: a base game with Sunset Valley (or Riverview) with the fancy community lots being anything but rabbitholes, and there was almost no improvement in Build mode (no curve wall, no rounded wall, no elevator, no better ways to handle foundation connected walls...)

So I left a fully loaded game of TS2 with OFB and other EP, elevator, and so many CC, to become "beta tester" for TS3 with almost no content and buggier than my first program written in college. Not again. This time TS4 will have to come out with a couple EPs, offer a few sales before I even bother to consider.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM
I'll play TS3, not that this game were perfect, it does have a lot of flaws and bugs that irritate me, but beside them,there are a lot of interesting features in it, + there are mods to fix the stuff I don't like. Bare TS4 without EPs and, what's important, without CASt, is definitely not that attractive. Yes,there are things I'd like to try in that game, but I'l at least wait untill a few EPs are released,and I don't even know how to play without CASt,I use it everywhere. Also, their limit of 3 stories maximum for a building... meh.As a person who usually builds and decorates, I find almost nothing interesting about TS4 (though it's too early to make final conclusions).

Check my blog for worlds and lots: Sims3 ComfoLife Design Studio
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add me to the roster of legacy players with no plan to get involved in TS4.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#48 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Still, it'll be interesting to check out the TS4 forum when it does come out, to see what those who were brave enough to buy it make of it.

I've decided I'll go ahead and be one of those people. I'm more of a hands-on type of person anyway. I plan on posting a review for y'all right here on MTS after I've messed around a while in-game. Heck, I might even put up a LP. And if I enjoy the game enough, one of the first things I'm going to do is figure out how to mod it to my liking.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#49 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 10:01 PM
Meh, The Sims 3 is just dust compared to The Sims 2
Field Researcher
#50 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Add me to the roster of legacy players with no plan to get involved in TS4.

I don't have such plans either. But as soon as T$4 decides to do a proper open-world-ish OFB, I guess it'll have me AND my principles. That was their evil plan all the time, wasn't it...
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: As much as I would love to hear all over again why you won't play TS4 ... nah, I got nothing.
Page 2 of 3