Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:25 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 18th Aug 2015 at 11:30 AM.
Default The City of São Paten- Post 126- Let's Get Building!
Quote:
See post 126 for the latest details!
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...045#post4848045

Well, I said that Praaven was going to be my last CAW world, but apparently you can say one thing and do another. This world is a massive rework of Ouerbacker's Disko Island (Paten, heh), which he has graciously allowed me to use, lots and all. My goal always is to create a world in a place that no other players have gone before, and I feel that South America is sorely lacking in terms of representation in the Sims series. Plus we haven't had a realistic city world in a world. Now, without further ado, I give you the city of São Paten!

World Traveller’s Guide- São Paten

Quote:
São Paten has been called many things- the Cidade Espetacular, the City of Peter, the worst crimespot in South America (2008) and beneath the glittering neon-soaked veneer of the streets exist far less savory elements. But in the end, this hazy tropical metropolis draws the innumerous like moths to a flame. There are some who come here to conceal their pasts, others for its magnificent natural scenery, and yet others who seek attention, money and power. For what reason will you come here?

Of note:
  • 147-ish lots, including 2 dive lots and 2 docks
  • Thematic mixture of Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Caracas and a bit of Miami and Sydney
  • City World, which means no horses!
  • Currently uses a slightly altered Sunlit Tide’s .ini files, but rest assured- there will be adjustments later on!
  • I intend to use .INI files as a way to push the game engine as far as I can- it should be beautiful without Photoshop!
  • It’s a hefty world with a lot of lots and a lot of recolors, so make sure you can run it
  • It’s a world intended more towards storytelling
  • At this moment in time, the vast majority of lots are shells (no interior)
  • Some suburban lots are still unfinished
  • All roads are named, please check to see if the grammar is correct!
  • Flybys and other things will still need to be finished.

Your task (if you wish to take it on) is to:
  • Test the world for routing and lag
  • Find any other issues
  • If you want to, finish up lots; I definitely will credit you for your hard work!
  • Take pretty pictures!

Things Required:
  • Sims 3
  • All Expansion Packs up to Island Paradise
  • A decent computer
  • Knowledge of where South America is on a map.
Things not Required:
  • Stuff Packs
  • Sims 3 Store Items
  • Your First-born
  • Money
Oh, by the way, did you know that this world is CC-Free? However, I still suggest you get NRaas’ MasterController, StoryProgression and Overwatch if you want a generally better game.

Now let’s get going!

Tumblr account here (more constantly updated): http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/[/QUOTE]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:25 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th Nov 2014 at 3:37 PM.
Default World Background- Power, Politics and Paradise
Districts

Larger events ongoing in this world:

More Screenshots (photoshop-free):

Interior Shots (Example Lots):

Lot Building
Here is the map:

Color codes (read these carefully):
Yellow: Community lots
Blue: Residential lots
Red: Finished/off limits (lots I will be working on/ lots that are intended to be empty)

Pick a number and let me know.

Larger version:
http://i.imgur.com/4GDJEAd.jpg

Notes

More to come!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:42 PM
Oh I absolutely love this! The thought of a Copacabana style place in the Sims is very exciting, especially when we have the mods from everyone's favourite ex-simmer Twallan to help us go there.

And with those requirements and non-requirements, what's not to love? :D

Are you thinking about maybe adding a touch of Old Town Havana to the old part? It's not as crisp and white, but it's very nice.

I'd love to be a part of this, as soon as my exams finish in June, do count me in! Looking forward to more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 3:15 AM
Thanks! I'm hoping to get this world done as soon as possible, as I don't want it to drag on as the Sims 4 heats up.

I can definitely see if I can fit one or two Havana-style buildings into the city, as a hint of the colonial past.

First update: This intersection has been updated. The old one was bothering me, but what do you think of the new one?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:29 AM Last edited by Titi022002 : 27th Apr 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Oh WOW! Your world is just awesome! I do like this new intersection
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:34 AM
Yes! Finally a South American world! I've been waiting for it for ages :D
Amazing as always, the terrain is beautiful and realistic and the lots too. Great job with the street textures!

By the way, the new intersection looks very good

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 2:39 PM
Agree with the above comments, nice use of the obelisks. My favourite build from a quick perusal late last night is the museum, what a creative way of using both a classic and modern building style. Reminded me of a lot of museums in Europe, where they have added new modern wings. So great job on that!
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 27th Apr 2014 at 5:20 PM.
Absolutely stuning. I'm not fan of tropical worlds but this look really good
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Titi022002 : 27th Apr 2014 at 6:35 PM.
Could you tell us where you had the textures? (I mean for the roads, the terrain painting, etc...).
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:18 PM
Are you looking for any help building at all?
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:16 AM
This looks SO beautiful. I don't know if you're brazillian or not but I would love to help.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 3:03 AM
Just want to chime in and say this world looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to playing it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:18 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 26th Jun 2014 at 7:49 AM.
Again, thanks for the support

Remember to spread the news! Best option is Tumblr, but the Sims 3 forum also works as well. A quick reblog works wonders!

@ Nilxis - Thanks! I've also seen your awesome Vacation Islands project and I think you should totally do a world based on Bahia, or maybe the Amazon!

@ Titi022002 - Textures were create by myself, most of these were alterations of existing textures that came from Martine or Island Paradise and Sunlit Tides

Now, for some news: Here is a map with indexed lot numbers. Lot choice is a free-for all, just tell me which numbered lot you want. A list of typical building types per area will follow soon!

<removed for now>
(Right-click and click 'view image' for larger size)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:44 PM
Your world is huge! It seems so good to play! :'))
Why is there an area surrounded by an orange line (In the down right corner)?
Oh, and what's your Tumblr's nickname?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Titi022002
Your world is huge! It seems so good to play! :'))
Why is there an area surrounded by an orange line (In the down right corner)?
Oh, and what's your Tumblr's nickname?

I think it means the area isn't in its final form, since it says "Under consideration". At least that's how i'm reading it
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Bordew5 : 1st May 2014 at 12:25 AM.
Pretty awe inspiring so far, as for the intersection, are the crosswalks meant to be completely white or is it just how the texture appears at that distance? Also, in your map you mention a cable car, is that the ZEPHYR from Into The Future or did you use subway stations from Late Night? Or some other thing I can't presently think of lol. Either way, keep up the great work this is the best tropical world I've seen in a long time. Especially digging the fact that it's CC and store free, always do that with my builds but can hardly ever find nice creations to download without it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:15 AM
@Titi022002 - Tumblr is being set up, likely by the weekend!

@Baskerwill - You are correct! The area works as is, but I feel that Sambuco and Limbolino should be merged together in order to get a single, larger neighbourhood. Right now, Sambuco is the Ipanema area, but what's Limbolino?

@Bordew5 - The crosswalk is a striped pattern, but it looks white from a distance. The cable car is likely going to be a subway or a LLAMA, but it depends on whether or not a subway works on separated lots (The Llama del Redeemer lots is completely unaccessible on all sides.
Instructor
#18 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 4:21 PM
Ahhh I love this world! If there's one word that comes to my mind watching those pictures, it's quality. It is not overdone, but what was done was well done.

If that makes any sense.
Keep up the good work!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@ Nilxis - Thanks! I've also seen your awesome Vacation Islands project and I think you should totally do a world based on Bahia, or maybe the Amazon!

Glad you like it! I was also planning to do a Rio inspired island as you might know, so what a coincidence! I'll do it anyway but of course yours will always be the best one, mine will be a just a tiny island I'm looking forward to see you in tumblr.
(sorry for the off-topic)

Edit: I was planning to convert FSX's Cristo Redentor for my island. I know aren't using CC but maybe you would be interested in it. Just tell me if you want it

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:08 AM
@Gabrymato - Thanks

@Nilxis - Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll try to stay CC-free for now- but you never know!

Anyways, a short update, fairly busy right now, and I'm also trying to figure out what to do with the Sambuco/Limbolino area. Not too happy in its current configuration as I feel that Limbolino was kind of a 'left-over' space, which didn't really have all that much character to it. Moreso, people aren't getting the grand vistas that come with Ipanema and Copacabana, so I'm currently working on a solution that sees the two neighbourhoods merged together into one large 'Sambuco' area (Limbolino will live on, I like the name too much to give it up!).

This involves shifting the Sugarloaf-esque mountain, and essentially making one megabeach out of the old Limbolino beach. Lots of work to be done though, as I also want to do this without disturbing the landscape too much! Terrain paints have also been tweaked, and I think you will all like the changes. Tumblr will have to wait a bit for now, though.

Regardless, any help is appreciated! If you're too busy to build, another helpful thing would be to find some pre-built, CC-free lots that fit into some of the empty lots current located in Maiana.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th May 2014 at 10:04 PM
I know it's probably much too late, but I personally really liked the way the districts were laid out currently. It's nice to have distinct city "districts", and your beta layout is perfect as is. I fear that joining the districts together too closely might make the city look a bit cluttered.

Though I've yet to see your revisions. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th May 2014 at 11:19 PM
Just a quick question, you mention the architectural style of São Jacobo as being colonial mansions, yet the huge mansion is rather contemporary in it's current form. Do you want to keep this, or rework it to look more like, I don't know, an old Governor's mansion, from the colonial period?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th May 2014 at 12:13 AM
The huge mansion is in the streamline moderne form. Basically Art Deco.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th May 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The huge mansion is in the streamline moderne form. Basically Art Deco.

I see. Perfect, just wanted to make sure, since it's deviating from the colonial style
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th May 2014 at 5:53 PM
What's the Tumblr's page? :3
Page 1 of 16