Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kotarina
Awesome World! Will populated version?

I'd like to. Hopefully there will be lots of cool, hot and crazy sims for people to play with!

Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
.... including 2 dive lots... please, more dive lot...
The world looks amazing...

I have actually removed one of the dive lots as I wanted to further reduce the lot count in order to make it run more smoothly on people's computers.

Anyways, thanks for the support! I have a more constantly updated tumblr at: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/

I will also have another testing edition up as soon as I finish Simboco!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I'd like to. Hopefully there will be lots of cool, hot and crazy sims for people to play with!

This is great news. I adore inhabited worlds)))
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:17 AM
Does this make your computer laggy?
Field Researcher
#54 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:14 PM
Odd - I had minimal lag - even when quickly populating the world and using heaps of mods.

It's still a long ways from being completed, but it's the world I'm looking most forward to.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 8:52 AM
Hello!
I love this world and i would like to download it but i dont have the island Paradise expansion. That means that it wont work if i try to download it? It will work but not all will show? Or it may even mess up my game?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#56 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:12 PM
@midge719 - Do not post on this thread again.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Linet
Hello!
I love this world and i would like to download it but i dont have the island Paradise expansion. That means that it wont work if i try to download it? It will work but not all will show? Or it may even mess up my game?

If you're missing EPs with any world, the file generally just won't install.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:14 AM
Hello Potato! I'm looking for a lot to build on, as I told you on Tumblr. I'm starting today!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Default Testing Version 2
So here we are, at this second stage. All the lot exteriors have been done, so you have externally a complete map. However, there’s still a lot to do!

World Traveller’s Guide- São Paten

Quote:
São Paten has been called many things- the Cidade Espetacular, the City of Peter, the worst crimespot in South America (2008) and beneath the glittering neon-soaked veneer of the streets exist far less savory elements. But in the end, this hazy tropical metropolis draws the innumerous like moths to a flame. There are some who come here to conceal their pasts, others for its magnificent natural scenery, and yet others who seek attention, money and power. For what reason will you come here?

Of note:
  • 147-ish lots, including 2 dive lots and 2 docks
  • Thematic mixture of Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Caracas and a bit of Miami and Sydney
  • City World, which means no horses!
  • Currently uses a slightly altered Sunlit Tide’s .ini files, but rest assured- there will be adjustments later on!
  • I intend to use .INI files as a way to push the game engine as far as I can- it should be beautiful without Photoshop!
  • It’s a hefty world with a lot of lots and a lot of recolors, so make sure you can run it
  • It’s a world intended more towards storytelling
  • At this moment in time, the vast majority of lots are shells (no interior)
  • Some suburban lots are still unfinished
  • All roads are named, please check to see if the grammar is correct!
  • Flybys and other things will still need to be finished.

Your task (if you wish to take it on) is to:
  • Test the world for routing and lag
  • Find any other issues
  • If you want to, finish up lots; I definitely will credit you for your hard work!
  • Take pretty pictures!

Things Required:
  • Sims 3
  • All Expansion Packs up to Island Paradise
  • A decent computer
  • Knowledge of where South America is on a map.
Things not Required:
  • Stuff Packs
  • Sims 3 Store Items
  • Your First-born
  • Money
Oh, by the way, did you know that this world is CC-Free? However, I still suggest you get NRaas’ MasterController, StoryProgression and Overwatch if you want a generally better game.

Now let’s get going!

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:58 AM
I'm going to download it, I'm gonna start the builds I was talking about on Tumblr.
Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:16 AM
I love your world! Just a quick question - any idea why the bridges don't show up for me (except for the big one)? Are they all from Supernatural (the only EP I don't have)? I never had this problem before and now Sao Paten is the second custom world with invisible bridges in my game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:20 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 9th Sep 2014 at 2:05 PM.
The bridges come with Supernatural.

Edit:
Quote: Originally posted by Titi022002
I'm going to download it, I'm gonna start the builds I was talking about on Tumblr.

I actually finished all of them before the release
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
Ohhh ok, I see.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:52 PM
Absolutely loving these images, it looks spectacular! What a great time to burn out your GPU :D

Haha I want for nothing more than to test and play this, once my new card arrives, so be patient with me But amazing job so far!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:16 PM
Very impressive! It is just stunning. Until the favelas look great! haha. Good work. :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback! This sort of thing is really what I need.

I will take a look at these things over the next while and try to fix them
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:46 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 15th Sep 2014 at 8:57 PM.
A quick bump and update: I think these issues below are mostly solved; I haven't encountered the same issues with the routing issues, but I did make a few precautions just in case.

Quote: Originally posted by babolat85
- Sao Pedro Mission, - I found sims can route there just fine, but selecting to go home will result on route-failures anywhere I tested on that island. Routing a sim over the bridge and onto the next island resulted in the sims to be able to head home/work without any problems that I could see.

**Edit** - Sims get stuck if they drive a car to City Hall and try to enter the building. Doesn't happen if they just walk or take a taxi.

Quote: Originally posted by babolat85
-Some beach waves are doing similar effects.

- There seems to be a lack of parks in the world apart from the few that are being used as the city square thing outside the city hall, and the venue for the Unibanco Plaza. But this may just be a personal decision.

If you could direct me to the particular wave effects of issue, it would be greatly helpful- I did a round-island tour, but I didn't see anything that wasn't intentional. All the wave effects are usually a bit above water so that the waves actually wash onto land. I might have missed it though, so please advise.

As for parks, I limited the number of parks in order to ensure that sims would congregate on a few lots.

After this issue with the waves is fixed, I hope can squeeze out an updated V2.0 before next Thursday.

After that point, work on the world will go on the low burner as I need to attend to real life and pursue other hobbies. There will still be work, but it'll just be slower.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:42 PM
Ah, okay

Thanks for the feedback anyways! Please let me know if there's anything else that kicks up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
Default Version 2.1

Version 2.1 is up!

Changelist:

- Updated weather .inis- new cloudy weather!
- Routing fixes
- Terrain paint fixes
- New flyby!

Remember that these images are Photoshop-free!

Download here:
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
@jje1000
WOW this world looks amazing i really want it but i don't have all the eps, i have most of the eps but not all
Test Subject
#71 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
Hey! Just IN LOVE with this City.
I've always wanted an "Brazilian City" but unfortunately, EA never did

I'm from Brazil, and I thing that you really imcorporate well a big part of our aspects. Im really excited to Download this World.
This big buildings are functional? Because i loved them!
A humble suggestion: You should put more high apartments on the beach's avenue! I think it will be a great ZipCode for rich sims! (just like here!)
Also, you should add more portuguese names!
A suburb area for the middle-income class in the middle of the city would be nice.(Just like in Rio and Sampa: Grajaú, Madureira, Lapa..)
But in general, you did an WONDERFUL work capturing the South America's culture. I feel really identified with this World and its AWESOME how detailed it is.
I hope you like my ideas!!
If you want contact with me, for tips or anything: [email protected]
Waiting for the best world I'll have!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Maiana would be considered the middle-class district, and parts are inspired by the landscape around the southernwestern part of Rio de Janeiro. Simboco is particularly based on Ipanama and Ocean Drive.

Anyways, please continue to enjoy and share this world, especially with other non-English forums as well.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:07 AM
I'm Latin American so it is nice to see a world like this! Definitely looking forward to playing it. I just downloaded it to help test it but I'm not sure if this part in São Pedro Islands is still unfinished, if it's meant to be like this or if I'm missing something, so I had to ask.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:35 PM
Yup, it's intended to be that!

An unfinished bridge that continues to exist as a black hole for public expenditure.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Yup, it's intended to be that!

An unfinished bridge that continues to exist as a black hole for public expenditure.

Brilliant satire, love it! :D
Page 3 of 16