Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Navy Officer Career! (With Mass Effect References.)

by Tyrotupon Posted 10th May 2014 at 6:08 PM - Updated 23rd May 2014 at 10:51 PM by Tyrotupon : Updated version 1.1

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th May 2014 at 6:50 PM
So happy to see some more Mass Effect stuff up! Looks AMAAAAZING
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th May 2014 at 6:54 PM
This looks awesome! Love the military careers, the one of the base-game is just... weak. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th May 2014 at 9:14 PM
This is great! I laughed a lot at the Mass Effect references, and I love what you've done with this! Can't wait to try it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th May 2014 at 9:17 PM
Hi, this looks like a great mod and I'm excited to try it out. My only concern is the work hours/days. I'm not sure I want my Sim vanished into a rabbit hole for that long each day of the week.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
I adore Mass Effect and try to use the other navy and military careers for my ME sims, but those are some long work hours. I understand realism, but my Sims also need to eat and sleep.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:18 AM
WCIF The custom uniforms? Can they be used separately from the career?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:29 AM
Thanks for the comments everybody! I really appreciate the response the career is getting.

About the work hours thing, you're right. The realism in a sims game is not an ideal thing. So I made a modified "Nice Hours" version. I uploaded it, so hopefully it shows up soon. It's loosely based on the default Military career hours. Let me know if it's any better, and thanks for the feedback on that.

jmtexas1980, about the uniforms, they're included in the career file. I could package them separately, sure, but really it's just retextured police uniforms and military officer outfits, I didn't mess around with the meshes at all. You sure you want them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:44 AM
Wow, that was a quick response and upload! Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th May 2014 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyrotupon
Thanks for the comments everybody! I really appreciate the response the career is getting.

About the work hours thing, you're right. The realism in a sims game is not an ideal thing. So I made a modified "Nice Hours" version. I uploaded it, so hopefully it shows up soon. It's loosely based on the default Military career hours. Let me know if it's any better, and thanks for the feedback on that.

jmtexas1980, about the uniforms, they're included in the career file. I could package them separately, sure, but really it's just retextured police uniforms and military officer outfits, I didn't mess around with the meshes at all. You sure you want them?

I shouldn't need them if they're available even without going into the career, but I've yet to test that. I like how the police uniform can now serve as a Class B uniform for my military boys, but if I'd ask anything else, it'd be to remove that black cord thingy from the cop uniform. Other than that, all's well, methinks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th May 2014 at 6:03 AM
Oh, by the way, I'm glad you loved mflaha's Army Officer Career; I came up with the titles and descriptors for it; I also recommend, if you haven't gotten it already, mflaha's Army Enlisted Career to complement the Officer one. Your retooled cop uniform oughtta come in handy now for it, ha-ha!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th May 2014 at 8:20 PM
This is way cooler than the base military career! I can't wait to try this out; I'm a big ME fan myself and I can tell you put a lot of work and thought into this. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th May 2014 at 7:31 PM
Lots of thought and time went into this. From a Navy wife, thank you! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:35 PM
Does this work with 1.67?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:59 PM
nice mode when i first saw this mod i was think about One Piece XD other note should download sim standard hour >< my sim cannot last through out the day XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:05 AM
I love love love love love love love MASS EFFECT!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th May 2014 at 5:23 PM
Navy man here, and what I see in the descriptions is pretty good. I do have one suggestion though, and it relates to the career levels themselves. The rank structure you used is great (And in order, which tells me you did your homework... bravo zulu), but I would recommend two changes.

First, an O-6 (Captain) can still be captain of a vessel, sure... but he's just as likely to be the Squadron CO (IE, SUBRON-17 or SUBRON-19). I think, just to show a little more of an increase in responsibility, that you may want to look at that as an alternative to simply changing his rank and not his job as well.

Second, I'd recommend changing the Five-Star Admiral out for CNO. As you noted, 5-Star is a war-time rank, and I've yet to hear of any wars in Sims land. Make him Chief of Naval Operations, though, and now your sim is the Big Cheese himself... all the prestige you want, but even more power and responsibility.

Overall, nice work... and you may want to look at something similar for the Naval ENlisted ranks. Good luck in your endeavors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th May 2014 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadriss
Navy man here, and what I see in the descriptions is pretty good. I do have one suggestion though, and it relates to the career levels themselves. The rank structure you used is great (And in order, which tells me you did your homework... bravo zulu), but I would recommend two changes.

First, an O-6 (Captain) can still be captain of a vessel, sure... but he's just as likely to be the Squadron CO (IE, SUBRON-17 or SUBRON-19). I think, just to show a little more of an increase in responsibility, that you may want to look at that as an alternative to simply changing his rank and not his job as well.

Second, I'd recommend changing the Five-Star Admiral out for CNO. As you noted, 5-Star is a war-time rank, and I've yet to hear of any wars in Sims land. Make him Chief of Naval Operations, though, and now your sim is the Big Cheese himself... all the prestige you want, but even more power and responsibility.

Overall, nice work... and you may want to look at something similar for the Naval ENlisted ranks. Good luck in your endeavors.

Hi! Thanks a lot for the feedback. In changing the Captain's job, do you mean changing the career description? I didn't want to make any fatal mistakes so I kept the descriptions purposely vague. I'll change it up and add the Squadron CO part on the next update I make (I'm currently working on improving the outfits). If you have any other suggestions on improving the descriptions, I'd love to hear them.

The Fleet Admiral level I included as a nod to the Mass Effect game, definitely not being serious with it. I got the ranks correctly because of my own research into trying out for OCS sometime in the future, and all the sites I visited stopped with Admiral and mentioned the five-star rank, I had no idea there was a peacetime position above Admiral.

I'm thinking maybe I could make a branch here somewhere. Peacetime and wartime? I'll start researching the Chief of Naval Operations and see how I can work out the ranks a bit. Again, I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Quote: Originally posted by youlovedenise
Does this work with 1.67?

I haven't updated my game yet, but as long as the NRaas Careers Mod is working ok there's no reason why this career shouldn't. It doesn't overwrite or change any major files, so there should be no problems.

Quote: Originally posted by jmtexas1980
Oh, by the way, I'm glad you loved mflaha's Army Officer Career; I came up with the titles and descriptors for it; I also recommend, if you haven't gotten it already, mflaha's Army Enlisted Career to complement the Officer one. Your retooled cop uniform oughtta come in handy now for it, ha-ha!

I do have mflaha's Army Enlisted Career as well, you did a great job with the descriptions. I never even bother to play the default Sims Military career since I have both of mflaha's installed

And I'm working on improving the uniforms right now, I don't have a lot of time anymore, but hopefully I can clean them up and improve a lot of details. I'll add them on as a separate file if I get them looking nice.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:22 PM
I have patch 1.62. Should I download phase 14 then by Nraas?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th May 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I have patch 1.62. Should I download phase 14 then by Nraas?

There's a patch 1.62? I didn't know that, sorry. I have 1.63 and I use Phase 15.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th May 2014 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyrotupon
There's a patch 1.62? I didn't know that, sorry. I have 1.63 and I use Phase 15.

When I hover the base game icon it says 1.62 and some other numbers. I have all ep and sp's. Should I download 14 or 15 to make this work?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st May 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
When I hover the base game icon it says 1.62 and some other numbers. I have all ep and sp's. Should I download 14 or 15 to make this work?

Well unless you don't mind having to backup your files in case your save games are corrupted by using the wrong version, I'd suggest just updating your game and using the latest available phase for it. NRaas Mods have never corrupted my game, but better to be safe than sorry, right?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st May 2014 at 9:03 PM
Default Spanish Translations For Your Navy Career
I made spanish translations to your awesome navy career! I wanted in my own lenguage so I made the translations.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SPANISHStringTableEnglish.zip (16.3 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th May 2014 at 8:07 PM
This is awesome! XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 11:41 PM
Awesome idea, I myself am a huge Mass Effect fan so that you ever so much for this :D
Page 1 of 2