Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:25 AM
True, Pascal's appearance isn't very manly, but I don't really think that's a sufficient reason to make him homosexual.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:57 AM
In my current Pleasantview-Strangetown-Bluewater Village neighbourhood, I had Nervous "escape" the Beaker house. Wasn't sure where to move him for a while, so I ended up putting him into an apartment I placed into Strangetown and didn't really play him. I turned Angela Pleasant (now an adult) into sort of a rebel/cool girl, changed her aspiration to romance and had her woo a bunch of guys in the neighbourhood, including Dustin, Dirk, Alexander and she even had a crush on Don for a while, even though I have Don currently paired on-off with Nina (they live in the same house and have a son together, but they're not engaged nor married, and both of them have love interests outside). Anyway, recently I decided to pair Angela and Nervous together, for some reason, and it seemed to work out pretty well. Angela is currently pregnant with Nervous' baby, they are engaged, but not married yet.

Previously I never really played Nervous that much, but I've had him paired with both guys and girls in the past, usually the Curious/Singles family members. I think at some point, when I was still a noob, I even had him marry Jenny Smith, after Pollination Tech#9 passed away.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
True, Pascal's appearance isn't very manly, but I don't really think that's a sufficient reason to make him homosexual.

You don't need any particular reason to declare any particular sim into any sexual orientation you want. All the Curious boys look perfectly manly to me, as do all the homosexual and bisexual men of my acquaintance.

Pascal actually starts the game asexual, just like a CAS sim. Vidcund and Lazlo start mildly het due to their crushes on women, and Nervous starts out with a mixed terror of and desire for intimacy, so that for many of us he rolls constant wants for hugs, flirts, and slow dances at the same time that he rejects all such overtures. The fact that he's even less attracted to women than to men reinforces the scariness of Circe's biography and makes it easy to headcanon tortures of a nature not simulatable in a vanilla game. Since he and Pascal are friends in spite of all this, he is the least difficult person to pair Nervous with romantically.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:27 PM
I always play with the storyline that Nervous is rescued from the Beakers' house and then he begins his own life. After moving in to one of the small houses in Strangetown, he met and quickly fell for Lola Singles. She moved in with him and they were married shortly after. Since I'm playing in an Uberhood, Nervous decided to move away from Strangetown because of the painful memories, as well as a desire to raise a family in a more "normal" town. Nervous and Lola settled in Pleasantview and currently have six children. I think that Nervous is a family man at heart and he wants to make sure that no child ever has to suffer the way he did. He and Lola are great parents and have worked really hard to provide for their children. I also think that Nervous is so deeply involved with his family to compensate for the family he never had growing up.
Instructor
#55 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:13 PM
I moved him back with his mother, she turned him into a wizard but he choose to follow the path of light instead of darkness like her. He has 3 bolts with Lola Curious, so I went for it and they married and have 4 kids now. 2 of them are twins, both a wizard/witch and now in college. The girl is a lesbian who has a townie girlfriend and the boy is dating Alexander Goth's oldest child. The youngest two children both have Lola's alien skintone and are still just children.

Nervous actually moved the cemetery away from the house after Olive died because the ghosts almost killed one of the kids and Lola, who was pregnant at the time. Since I assume he has no education at all he can't get a job, so he's a house-husband while Lola makes a lot money as the law. They're a pretty cute couple, and the kids look really good despite inheriting some of Nervous' features, mainly his eyes.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 1:45 AM
Pascal Curious is straight in my game, he is now married to Chloe Curious, who ironically is Pascal's alien half sister. They were able to marry because the game didn't consider them related. Nervous Subject is also straight in my game. He got married to the Strangetown townie, Marion Almassizadeh.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:06 PM
He has made friends with Olive and moved back in my game - and I've turned aging off on (?) until I decide what to do next. I quite like Nervous. He seems to pick less fights every time I play him, but I do tend to try and have some Sim distract him when he starts showing aggression.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 2:58 AM
I noticed that my last post has become rather controversial. Some people seem to like the comment, while others disagree.

But I have a theory - Marrying an alien half-sister. What would you expect in a neighbourhood called Strangetown?
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:25 PM
Pascal Curious is straight in my game, he is now married to Chloe Curious, who ironically is Pascal's alien half sister. They were able to marry because the game didn't consider them related.

Pascal and Chloe got together in my game, too! They had an alien skin-toned boy named Metis. Its funny, 'cause Metis only has one grandpa.
Scholar
#60 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:44 PM
I noticed that my last post has become rather controversial. Some people seem to like the comment, while others disagree.

But I have a theory - Marrying an alien half-sister. What would you expect in a neighbourhood called Strangetown?

Their family tree is already complicated enough without adding incest to that equation
Field Researcher
#61 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 11:48 PM
strange_tomato has a story called Strangetown, Here We Come that gave me a whole new insight to Nervous Subject and all of Strangetown.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:46 PM
Man Nervous is a bit of a problem case in my current Megahood. He still doesn't have a partner and he's slowly getting old. However he's an odd family Sims in that he very seldom rolls any wants like "falling in love" "getting married" or even "flirt", he seems oddly happy in his solitary lifestyle (for a family Sim I mean)
I know he's repulsed by romantic interaction towards both sexes, but can it be that he starts out with less disgust towards men than towards women? Because I had him chat up several townies of both sexes and the men were the only ones he responded to positively. So technically he has a boyfriend now, though he's still oddly disinterested in said boyfriend (no wishes to get engaged, married, have children or interact with him romantically)

Makes you really wonder what exactly the Beakers did to him...

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#63 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:05 PM
In my everyone-broke-up-and-married-again megahood Nervous has escaped the Beaker household and moved to Belladonna Cove. He has a love relationship with Jason Cleveland, who happened to be bisexual in my game. They eventually will marry, they are a nice couple.

I need to play my megahood more often...
Mad Poster
#64 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:42 PM
Yes, Phoenix, he's I think -2 for women and -1 for men.

Which means, for the backstory, exactly what you think it means...

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#65 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:10 PM Last edited by Phoenixfire88 : 14th Apr 2015 at 11:43 PM.
Well to me it sounds like he started out as gay and then the Beakers did horrible, horrible things to him involving electric shocks so that he's now at a point where he associates any form of physical contact with pain. The whole situation is actually kind of very dark for a Sims game, what with Circe's bio saying that she "knows x ways of making you scream" and all

Really would make him a candidate to be one of those Sims who you want to help succeed against all odds, if his personality wasn't so horrible (and that was not just the Beaker's his genetic personality isn't much better)
If I can get him to hit it off with his boyfriend I might make them adopt a kid and see for how long that goes well. If it doesn't work out I might just get him a cat.
Edit: Damn! I think I managed to "fix" him He now actually displays chemistry with other Sims, he and his boyfriend have just one lightning bolt but all the guys he has stronger chemistry with (Lazlo Goth/Curious, Kent Capp, Oberon Summerdream) are all heterosexual or already in serious relationships (Tybalt Capp)

Forum Resident
#66 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Their family tree is already complicated enough without adding incest to that equation

Doesn't bother me.
Inventor
#67 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 12:33 AM
How about the ultimate wild card: Nervous marries Circe (unbeknownst to Loki, somehow), and so starts the 100 baby challenge. Each baby lowers Circe's evilness by just a little bit, which is why Nervous did it. No one likes a mean Circe.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:12 AM
What do you find "horrible" about Nervous's genetic personality? He has neat points, he has playful points, he has nice points - what more do you want?

Because of the way gender preference works in a vanilla game, if you want Nervous not to be asexual it's easy to do. If you really an asexual you have to drag those "do not want' points way down for both, or never ever direct him to flirt with anybody, or let anybody else flirt with him.

Forum Resident
#69 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What do you find "horrible" about Nervous's genetic personality? He has neat points, he has playful points, he has nice points - what more do you want?

But even with his genetic personality, Nervous is neither playful, nor nice, whilst having 2 points in both areas instead of 0.

I actually find Nervous more unpleasant with 2 nice points than with 0, because although he is less grouchy and less irritable, it makes him focus more on being horrid. Since Sims with 2 or 3 nice points are usually the ones that tend to pick on other Sims, because they're the ones with the options such as "insult" at a neutral level, and will often initiate such actions on Sims that they've only just met, while other Sims usually can only initiate these sorts of actions at a negative relationship level.

Sims with 1 or 0 nice points may be the most irritating, but Sims with 2 or 3 nice points are the most cruel.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Because of the way gender preference works in a vanilla game, if you want Nervous not to be asexual it's easy to do. If you really an asexual you have to drag those "do not want' points way down for both, or never ever direct him to flirt with anybody, or let anybody else flirt with him.

Asexuality is a lack of active interest in sexual activity, not a disgust towards said activity. There are asexuals who have sex with their partners as a "fine I'll do it because you'd like it" thing. And many asexuals still have the need for romantic interaction.
When someone has no interest in sexual and romantic interactions then they are "asexual aromantic" though even with those people it's a lack of interest towards romantic activity, not necessarily a disgust.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:44 PM
Yes, Phoenix, but it's nearly impossible to make an asexual sim stay asexual unless you drag the "disgust" way down on both genders, and you can't disentangle romantic activity from sex. One of the game's weaknesses as a life simulation is the simple binary sexual preference system which conflates love and sex. But you can't have everything in this world.

Mad Poster
#72 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:55 PM
All of the above. My most recent dealings with Nervous: {I have ACR} Circe had a baby by Loki, but died during childbirth. (I actually LET her kill herself; for a scientist she was pretty stupid: "I'm BORED, I want to stargaze, stop trying to make me COOK!"). Somewhere in all that drama, Loki was abducted and shortly thereafter died. Nervous LOVES babies! All by himself he took care of the kid. I think I used the Gypsy to find him someone compatible.

BUT WORSE: that house/torture chamber. Built so badly they go outside to get to another room. And what's with the style? Not really Goth, not science lab.... I ALWAYS tear it down.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#73 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:23 AM
Just so we're clear. Kent Capp and Jason Cleveland are homosexual at the start of the game. And Pascal Curious is heterosexual. Information on the Sims who have a LGB sexual orientation can be found [http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Same-sex_relationship here].
Scholar
#74 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:36 PM
Just so we're clear. Kent Capp and Jason Cleveland are homosexual at the start of the game. And Pascal Curious is heterosexual. Information on the Sims who have a LGB sexual orientation can be found [http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Same-sex_relationship here].

I think most of us are aware of this already. Also, Jason would technically be bisexual, since he's married with a kid, and Kent, right off the bat, will fall in love with Bianca if she initiates contact with him,so he'd be bisexual as well.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I think most of us are aware of this already. Also, Jason would technically be bisexual, since he's married with a kid, and Kent, right off the bat, will fall in love with Bianca if she initiates contact with him,so he'd be bisexual as well.

I just wanted to point this out, because some of the comments users were posting above created the impression that they were either unaware of each individual LGB Sim's default sexual orientation, or they were choosing to disregard them, based upon the LGB Sim's sexual orientations, story wise.

Apparently I've never had Bianca initiate a romantic interaction with Kent at the start of the game, not autonomously at least. This is because she doesn't actually have a crush on him at the start of the game, despite the Maxis story-line indicating that she does, or is about to develop one. Unlike Cassandra who appears to have been scripted by the developers to initiate romantic socials with Darren, even if she doesn't actually have a crush on him. The maxis story-line obviously points Cassandra towards proposing to Don, so that he can dump her, and leave her to reciprocate the romantic feelings that Darren has for her.

Even though Jason is heterosexual story-wise, because he is homosexual in-game, it took me ages to make him heterosexual, gameplay wise, after a female Sim was discussing with him, their attractions towards a male Sim, which tricked him into sharing those attractions towards the male Sim - this is caused by the Sims 2 game mechanics, for example if Female Sim 01 confesses attractions towards Male Sim 02, to Male Sim 01 during a conversation, Male Sim 01 will share those feelings, whether during the conversation only, or afterwards as well. Because of this, it's possible for the Male Sim 01 to share Female Sim 01's opinions on a certain Sim's attractiveness even if that Sim is Male Sim 01 himself.
Page 3 of 4