Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

National Lampoon's Animal House Fraturnity

by Bink13y Posted 21st Mar 2005 at 5:04 AM - Updated 23rd Mar 2005 at 5:18 PM by Bink13y

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:21 AM
looks more like a haunted house...thats why i like it!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:26 AM
*cough*upsessed*cough*
lol gj man looks pretty much the same but i guess you have to have an imagination for that too..
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:40 AM
This is great! The perfect setting for the Animal House movie. My community theater is one giant leap forward in acquiring the ultimate sim movie to showcase the University expansion.

Your talent is amazing! Thanks hon.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:57 AM
*sings*
Well, you know you make me wanna
(Shout) Throw my hand up
(Shout) Kick my heels back
(Shout) Throw my head back
(Shout) Come on now!

Awsome man! I have been waiting for this one. :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 6:26 AM
YUK!!

In a nice way.

"Windows XP has encountered a mortal wound an needs to die- one very freaky error"- D3Hack
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 7:40 AM
It must have taken ages to make all those walls and floors, but it looks amazing.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 10:52 AM
that looks so awfully amazing. i dont think i would live long enough to make a great house like that! great job.
#9 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 11:20 AM
It's Totally Awesome, But A Bit Blurry.
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guy From The 20th Century
It's Totally Awesome, But A Bit Blurry.

i'm having video card issues so had to tone down the settings. the custom walls etc are hyper detailed with no blure effect at all.
Firestarter
#11 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 2:34 PM
I love it, it's so perfect. I was making this grungy set of cheerleaders and their skanky boyfriends and I didn't know where I was going to house them. This is just the perfect thing Thanks for all the hard work.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 2:57 PM
Blink you have officially made my day. This is what my trashed teens needed before heading off to college. Now I need a slummed up dorm, LOL. I doubt I can top you, but I can try....
Thank you for the Frat house dude.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 3:23 PM
*Oh Bink13y I love your way
everyda-ay
Yeah-eh-yeah*
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 9:56 PM
Fabulous. What a kick. I love that movie and you did a terrific job.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 11:56 PM
gj bink! cool house!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 11:58 PM
looks spiffy
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 11:33 AM
Kudos bro... Now we need... Sims of Pinto... DDay... Bluto... Boon... Flounder and lets not forget Otter...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 5:42 PM
took an hour to download but it was worth it!

Thanks Bink13y!!!
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 10:44 PM
Good to go. I'll be grabbin this one when I get home from work.

Kindof makes me want to make my frat house from SDSU. Imagine twelve guys in a 2 - 1/2 bedroom house. It got "almost" as nasty as the Delta house before we had a planned pledge event...to clean the place up.
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 6:40 PM
I've had a chance to download and take a close look at the Delta House. Fantastic. I love it. I cut the bedrooms down to 8 and used the extra space in the basement for a workout room so as to get those body points for class. Everything loads and looks perfect.. except the terrain paint. The "Snow 1" blinks blue on my computer. I checked and rechecked, then reinstalled just that file from the package in order to make sure that I hadn't screwed it up with SimPE. Nope, it blinks blue right out of the box. Any ideas?

I can't wait to turn this into the "real" Delta House. I'm sure the information is around somewhere, but how do I turn this into a Greek Lot with a couple of resident characters? Is it possible? I'd like it to function like the other frats with a couple or three NPCs. If that's not possible, then maybe alter it later to make it a boarding house that will populate like the dorms do (replace the doors with dorm doors). It's an incredible download just as it is though.
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 9:11 PM
"how do I turn this into a Greek Lot" hit Ctrl + shift + C and type in "help", theres a command there to change a lot to greek.

i had bugs running Clean Installer on the origional version. so tryed to kill all ground cover and other stuff by hand to save space. that snow thing is a bug that always seems to sneek into my lot packages when i NEVER use snow.

the internial house layout was ruffly extrapulated from various sceens in the movie. the origional house was demolished in the 80s and no blueprints of it can be found. the little deck on the roof i added in because no pictures of the top of the roof exist that i could find. Little observation decks were popular in victorian homes of ruffly this style. i did expand it to get the stairs and enough room for a telescope in.

all furnishings and many extras can be found at the Trashed Set. Added a link in the update intro.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 12:11 AM
Blinking Blue lot and all.... it's fabulous. So, if I delete the "snow 1" package (found through SimPE to peak into the packages), will the lot still load, just without the spiffy blinking blue snow?
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 2:24 AM
easer to open the lot in Build mode and delete ground cover...
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 3:22 AM
Well, that was odd. I checked the packaged lot and found the the ONLY terrain file in it was "Snow Ground Cover #4", and that the package that contained it is "02d0d2b76b50d3274872a8cb9cbd2a69.package". I wondered what would happen if I deleted that particular terrain item... would the house fail to load, would the game default to another terrain, would it simply ignore the missing file? Much to my surprise, the house loaded just as quickly as before, and the ground is still blinking blue... without the terrain paint loaded into the game at all. I'm quite confused. I spend most of my time with the game zoomed in tight, following my sim around the house and looking out the windows, afraid to go outside.. like it was some sort of Twilight Zone episode (insert bizzare sound effect here). If only someone would make the "Deathmobile" so that we could park it out in the yard. Bink, I just have three words for you.... More! More! More!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:05 PM
Here's a funny thing. I had the problem with the blinking blue the first time in installed the lot using the Maxis default installer. when I used the Clean Installer and allowed the snow package to install the blinking blue did not happen. My second install was fine.
Weird....
Page 1 of 3