Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM
According to my mom I used to curse (really loud) in my sleep, lol. I could hardly believe her.

One time I woke up with my head underneath the pillow. Mostly I move around a lot when I sleep.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
i have not done anything wierd in my sleep but when i was sleeping over at my cousin she sat up and started singing the song called thriller by micheal jackson in her sleep
Inventor
#53 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:16 AM
I'm pretty old now (well, middle-aged) and sleep like a log these days - I can wake up in the exact position I fell asleep in as I go out like a light. When I was a kid though I went through a period of sleep-walking (had a scary infants school teacher and my mother thinks that was why I started sleep walking). One day I walked to the neighbor's house and knocked on their door, at about 4am in the wintry snow! My father came out to retrieve me.
In my teens I had a habit of making clicking noises with my tongue apparently. Not sure what that was about.
I think I might snore slightly these days.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:24 PM
once my dad started telling my mum our home phone number while he was asleep
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Stupid shit I've done in my sleep:

Strip off.
Ask for a glass of water.
Ask for the TV remote while my parents were still watching it.
Almost throw a mini Furby plush toy at my mum.
Slapped Mum in the face.

I should actually clarify that for the last one, my mum, sister and I were staying at my paternal grandparents, and there wasn't enough room for everyone to have their own room, so two singles were shoved next to each other and Mum and I had to sleep in one each. Then during the night she got woken up by a sucker punch to the face.

Wow, those last two... were you dreaming or did you just turn over and had your arms spread out??
Inventor
#56 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 7:26 AM
My mother still denies that she snores nightly-no, not just when you have a cold or allergy problems, you do it nightly. It's how I know you've fallen asleep in your chair watching tv on days when I'm visiting.

My sister sometimes talks in her sleep a bit.

Myself, I used to do laps in/around the bed when I was a little kid, but I started staying put more before I hit puberty. I've never been a sleepwalker, however, there was one odd incident when I was about 11 and had a dream about getting in a fight with a girl in my class I didn't like (I didn't do that in real life), and I woke up choking my pillow.
I went through a drooling stage in my teens.
Now I mostly just hug a pillow, although every once in a while I still get an occasional Hypnic Jerk (even without dreaming I've tripped/am falling, sometimes it'll happen right as I'm nodding off), which is something that's happened to me on and off my whole life.

Of course, that's when I actually sleep. I can be a bit of an insomniac at times--the type that puts off falling asleep as long as possible, or just can't wind down enough (no matter the various ways I've tried over the years, barring sleeping pills, which I don't go for) to fall asleep. Once I do conk out though, I'm dead to the world. The things I've slept through over the years include:

The aftershocks of a very small earthquake.
A fire alarm going off in my college dorm (justified in that the thing was faulty and something set it off at least once a week, including things like the pipes freezing).
A tornado nearly forming above my neighborhood.
At age 7, my neighbor and best friend's townhouse apartment (that actually shared a wall with ours) catching fire, the fire trucks parking on the common lawn with sirens blaring while they fought the fire, the firemen tramping through our apartment in full gear to talk to my friend's mom because they were spending the rest of the night with us (our moms were also friends), and then my mother and friend's mother tucking her into the same bed as me (I'd inherited an older hand me down, full or queen-size bed from an aunt, so there was room)---but woke up instantly and practically shot halfway across the room when she rolled over in her sleep and lightly brushed against my hand or something...
Forum Resident
#57 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:20 AM
I usually dream that I'm jumping or flying, and I'm scared of heights. I once laughed so hard in a dream that I thought my brother heard me, but he heard nothing.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 9:32 PM
when I jump off something high of fall down the stairs in my dream I get a Hypnic jerk. It also very rarely happens when I'm about to fall a sleep.

Once, my dad had an Hypnic jerk when he was a sleep which caused him to fall out the bed, he woke up in the morning, on the floor in-between the bed and the set of draws next to his side of the bed.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
My husband tells me I yell a lot. I woke him up a few nights ago telling him if I didn't get more peanut butter, I would stick the one I had in the oven :/ I also toss and turn a lot, which results in no one having blankets, pillows, or bed space.

LOL! That's awesome, Nymphetamine!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 1:09 AM
Aside from sleeptrips to the toilet proper, I talk in my sleep, which worries me, as I was told this by my father, who knows very well that he left an imprint on my being and it would explain my adoration for men as old as my father and older, and his grin was not unlike the famed British Shorthair and the persona of the Cheshire cat...Well, I hope I wasn't dreaming of sex and was audible to my father who is a light sleeper compared to me and mom and I forgot the dream. The other thing was the January 15, 2015 incident. I slept naked half the night and I have a very fuzzy recollection of when I stripped down in my sleep. At least my parents got up AFTER I got redressed.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
when I jump off something high of fall down the stairs in my dream I get a Hypnic jerk. It also very rarely happens when I'm about to fall a sleep.

Once, my dad had an Hypnic jerk when he was a sleep which caused him to fall out the bed, he woke up in the morning, on the floor in-between the bed and the set of draws next to his side of the bed.

That happens to me, too. Usually, though, it's only when I fall asleep on my back, since I end up dreaming that I trip on one of my little sister's blocks or one of their toy baby bottles. Good thing is that I wake up before I hit the ground.
Page 3 of 3