Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 19th Jun 2014 at 1:28 PM. Reason: plural possessive fail
Quote: Originally posted by ~Shasta~
Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant, definitely.

Mary-Sue is pretty much my favorite premade, but she doesn't deserve to be stuck with that cheatin' husband of hers.

But I can never find any good matches for her. I've made many CAS sims meant to be her twu wuv, but they're always boring. So Mary-Sue ends up alone most of the time.

Whatever. She's a strong, independent woman who don't need no man.

Mary-Sue married Remington Harris in my Pleasantview. She met Remington after she fired Kaylynn and hired him as the new housecleaner... and, still mad at Daniel, started up a thing with Remington. However, what started out as revenge turned into a real relationship and Remington's been a big stabilizing influence to the household. Lilith was happy that he was willing to see her side -- while both her mom and dad had been firmly on Angela's -- and he helped repair the sisters' relationship.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 1:36 AM
Cassandra and Don makes no sense to me. It's not just the fact that he's a player. It's the fact that Cassandra wants a family and he doesn't. Cassandra is so family orientated while Don could care less.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:23 AM
I actually don't care for Johnny and Ophelia, though apparently admitting so is a faux pas in the Sims community.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 12:59 PM
Johnny and Ophelia don't work in my Strangetown, either, because it's an as-shipped Strangetown and he goes to college immediately. By the time Ophelia goes to college, he and Klara Vonderstein were A Thing and throwing Ophelia and Johnny together did nothing to change that. Ripp, on the other hand, is fixated on her. I'm changing him to Family junior year because the only woman he's spontaneously flirted with who isn't Ophelia is Zoe Zimmerman - who I defy anybody to distinguish from Ophelia, standing side by side in the same age category.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:46 PM
Lucy Burb and Alexander Goth. I know they're the only Pleasantview children and so didn't have a lot of options, but I just really don't like it.
#31 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Mary-Sue married Remington Harris in my Pleasantview. She met Remington after she fired Kaylynn and hired him as the new housecleaner... and, still mad at Daniel, started up a thing with Remington. However, what started out as revenge turned into a real relationship and Remington's been a big stabilizing influence to the household. Lilith was happy that he was willing to see her side -- while both her mom and dad had been firmly on Angela's -- and he helped repair the sisters' relationship.

Oh please do tell me there's going to be a bit of a "Daniel shoves Mary-Sue's hypocrisy back in her face" stuff. I mean I dislike Daniel for cheating but Mary-Sue is such a hard ass for rules and uptight it would only be fitting to call her out for doing the same thing.
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Oh please do tell me there's going to be a bit of a "Daniel shoves Mary-Sue's hypocrisy back in her face" stuff. I mean I dislike Daniel for cheating but Mary-Sue is such a hard ass for rules and uptight it would only be fitting to call her out for doing the same thing.

You have to admit though, Daniel should have seen this coming. Sooner or later, Mary was going to get wise to him. Granted, that doesn't mean Daniel can't torture her when he feels like it.

I'm looking for someone who does Sim requests! I'm in need of Princess of Tiana and Queen Elsa! Help me out!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Lucy Burb and Alexander Goth. I know they're the only Pleasantview children and so didn't have a lot of options, but I just really don't like it.
They're only stuck with each other if you don't have any CAS children, and don't allow your playable children to play with townies! I haven't been playing Pleasantview long enough for either Alexander or Lucy to meet any other children yet, but both my two CAS children (from different families) are getting on fine with townie Marsha Bruenig. And I'm sure there must be other townie children worth getting to know! Come to think of it, Beau Broke is very nearly a child when the game starts.

So please give Lucy and Alexander a little more freedom of choice when deciding on their playmates and future soul mates!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:35 PM
Beau is 2 days away from being a child when Pleasantview starts out. I combined hoods, and teen Alexander Goth is currently going steady with teen Bottom Summderdream, and teen Beau Broke just went steady with teen Lucy Burb. Using the find a mate crystal ball (and ACR if you use it) can tell you other pairings than the usual.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Come to think of it, Beau Broke is very nearly a child when the game starts. )

LOL, more Pleasant-Broke relationships (since Lucy is Jennifer Pleasant-Burb's daugher)!
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:49 AM
I restarted my Sims and I'm going to play Pleasantville again but I might have Mary Sue break up with Daniel. I feel bad for always letting him get away with her cheating after all these years

I'm looking for someone who does Sim requests! I'm in need of Princess of Tiana and Queen Elsa! Help me out!
#37 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:50 PM
Hmm, let's see...
Cassandra/Don (Meh, it's never gonna work)
Cassandra/Darren (Is it just me, or does Darren/Brandi make much more sense?)
Mortimer/Dina (Often ignored in my game, though sometimes I keep it in)
Mary-Sue/Daniel (Mary-Sue almost always ends up catching Daniel with the maid)
Most of the teenage pairings of Veronaville (Then again, I don't usually play it anyway)

But, I guess that's the whole point of the drama the game throws in.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
(...)
Cassandra/Darren (Is it just me, or does Darren/Brandi make much more sense?)
(...)

In my uberhood they couldn't get their hands from each other. They have a instant three bolt chemistry and as much I had tried, I couldn't get them to to something else than flirting with each other. Weird as they only done it when they were visitors on my CAS sim's lot. For now they have other partners - Brandi is together with Florence Delarosa in Flo's little flower shop and Darren with Cassandra.

*reply to a thread* *press the answer button* *forgot something and edit the post*... my three steps of using a forum. -.-
My livejournal if anyone should be interested in it, but be warned: It's empty yet!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:03 AM
ZOMG, the Pleasant twins and their boyfriend pairings make complete sense to me. I don't know why other people don't see the psychological implications of those pairings. Copy-pasting from my post in the "favourite premade pairing" here-
I love how Maxis played to the conventional romantic tropes with the love lives of the two Pleasant sisters. Angela, typical good girl attracted to a bad boy with a golden heart, and Lilith, a bit of a rebel attracted to the responsible young boy. I used to dislike these two pairings initially, but after some time, I realized how perfect their pairings are. Lilith gives Dirk a much-needed edge, Dirk will work himself to death cut off from his entire family otherwise. It is because of Lilith, he is so balanced. Same with Lilith, her parental issues and rebellious edge needed an anchor to keep her steady.
Angela and Dustin play to the same angle in an opposite way. Angela, being the prissy, uptight girl who needs to let loose and have fun. Dustin needs to keep his rebellious edge in check and be a part of a functional, conventional family which Angela can give him. These two pairings make sense.
- And as a twenty-three year old who has been in a five year old relationship, I believe in their pairing. I believe they can commit to their respective partners. Switching their partners will be disastrous IMO. Dirk and Angela will bore one another to death. Lilith-Dustin have way too much angst between them, good for short-term flings, but never for long-term commitment. They will just destroy each other.
Anyway, on topic, I detest Romeo-Juliette together. Hated the play, hate them here too. And Mary Sue and Kaylynn, both deserve much better than Daniel.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by valentine06
Anyway, on topic, I detest Romeo-Juliette together. Hated the play, hate them here too.

Shakespeare didn't like them either. He killed them off. XD
Forum Resident
#41 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 1:22 PM
The only premade pairings I kept in Pleasantview were Angela and Dustin and Lilith and Dirk and Dina and Mortimer.

Angela is almost the mayor of Pleasantview while Dustin is a criminal.

I split Daniel and Mary-Sue up, they live in seperate houses now. Daniel lives with Lilith and Dirk. Mary-Sue with Angela and Dustin.

I detest the other pairings.

Darren Dreamer married Kaylynn.
Don is gay now with a townie they have an adopted son.
Dina has the Goth mansion (for some reason I don't like Cassandra very much, don't know what it is about her) with her 3 children. She's been busy with the men in the neighbourhood.
Cassandra is with a CAS sim I made - I just don't think there is anyone in Pleasantview for her.
Nina is with my legacy sim.
I think Brandi is still single.
Theorist
#42 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
I actually don't care for Johnny and Ophelia, though apparently admitting so is a faux pas in the Sims community.

You're not alone. I can't stand the two of them together either.

Ophelia, actually makes a cute pairing with Rick Grunt. In fact (in my old neighborhood), she was the only reason he didn't meet with an unfortunate accident.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:33 AM
I hate the huge deal they make over Romeo Monty and Juliet Capp. It's an obvious rip off of Romeo and Juliet, but Romeo and Juliet wasn't all that romantic to begin with, it was more sad....
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKiss
I hate the huge deal they make over Romeo Monty and Juliet Capp. It's an obvious rip off of Romeo and Juliet, but Romeo and Juliet wasn't all that romantic to begin with, it was more sad....

It's extremely obvious! i mean, the town is called Veronaville and EVERYONE is named after a Shakespeare character.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:02 PM
Circe and Loki Beaker. I don't really ever play on the lot anyway but something about them just doesn't seem right to me.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lotharioloveschocolate
Circe and Loki Beaker. I don't really ever play on the lot anyway but something about them just doesn't seem right to me.

I think everything about them is supposed to feel kind of not right and creepy hehe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
Oh, I think the prize for creepiest relationship in the game has to go to Pollination Technician and Jenny Smith. Just think about that a moment: he's her half-sisters' father.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#48 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:35 PM
In small tribes/communities relationships like PT9/Jenny are hardly avoidable and they are not blood-related, so their children run no greater danger of birth defects than any other interspecies crossbreed does anyway. But, yeah, I prefer to imagine PT9 didn´t know who´s offspring Jenny was when they met and fell in love.

Circe and Loki surprised me. In my game they lived next to each other, focussed on their careeers and hardly noticing the other´s presence. But I included them in the backstory I do for PT9 at the moment and in the tale these two just cannot keep their hands off each other. Perhaps they are trying to get to do all the good stuff I deny them in regular gameplay during these photoshoots
Page 2 of 2