Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:01 AM
Default What's your occupation?
Got this idea off of Garden of Shadows.

Thread is pretty simple: What do y'all do for a living?

My job's hard to describe. To put it simply, I'm a traveling counselor. I go around my city and conduct interventions with at-risk youth and foster children.

Your turn!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:55 AM
Ruling The World!!!

Can't believe people still read these.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:07 AM
I'm a writer. Not published, mind you... but I write.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:42 AM
Lately, I spend a lot of time looking at my profile page.
It doesn't pay the bills, but it keeps me occupied...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:41 PM
I'm a pharmacist in a hospital. I am responsible for dispensing medications for patients, and also filling prescriptions for outpatients. I also do prepare sterile IV meds and chemo drugs sometimes whenever I'm assigned.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:18 PM
Currently looking for a phlebotomy technician job.
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:33 PM
Dr. Space Cowboy, of course!
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:42 PM
I work as a Chinchilla for Jesus.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 6:21 PM
Assistant Manager of E.B. Games And full time mommy haha
Theorist
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 6:32 PM
Some people looking on the surface might come to certain conclusions about what it is I do, but for the most part it's entirely a fiction, a carefully prepared thesis of normality without regard to the actual realities involved in carefully crafting the framework for everyday living that the rest of you believe to be "how things work." As a member of the Illuminati, my job is to present a facile facade for the masses ready for mass consumption and representation, to ease the common man into delicate inextricable truths of their existence, polishing the existential threats of modern life into whatever vapid illusions you all find more palatable than the appetites of the Mind Worms of Vogoth or the economics of slave labor on the Moon. Regulating war, media and the lulling medicinal cocktails necessary to anaesthetize the world to their true positions isn't as easy as the Masonic Vampire Council would have you believe, but in its way it's quite rewarding.
Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:49 PM
Currently a student though I also work at Subway. I'm planning to study to be a librarian though.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 2:49 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 23rd Jun 2014 at 3:46 AM.
Aspiring supervillain... just working on getting my superpowers to work the way I want them to, and then WORLD DOMINATION!!! Also, trying to get into school for a postgraduate degree (fingers crossed)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 11:44 AM
I am a machine attempting to exhibit intelligent behavior equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human.

Oh damn, failed again. That Turing test is harder than it looks.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Alchemist
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:55 PM
Drop-out, jobless, living with parents. Shit's awesome over here.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 2:32 PM
Retired social worker for Sacramento County. Most of my clients were generational welfare scum, which has scarred my brain. After 22 years of not being able to kill anyone (or at least sterilize them) I retired in frustration.
And Mr Mook: you are now on my husband's list of "People That Need to be Dealt With". Stand in line until your number is called.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:04 PM
Your husband is welcome to try, but since he's been detained in the re-education camps for the last several months I doubt there will be any problem.

Oh? You thought that he was your husband? So quaint...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
Your husband is welcome to try, but since he's been detained in the re-education camps for the last several months I doubt there will be any problem.

Oh? You thought that he was your husband? So quaint...

AHAH! That would explain why he says "No, I'm not here, and I'm not Ben anyway". But at least he is being edumacated and will return to me all Happy and Correct! Good TImes.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:10 PM
Student at Uni, currently no job.
I'm a bit of a housewife now that the semesters ended. I clean the house and iron clothes and stuff while my boyfriend works.
It's not that I don't want to work, but I'm going through some stuff and I'm finding it hard to want to get out of bed already, having a job that I don't like wont make it better. I'm waiting for them to ask for more volunteers at the local hospital though, because that's something I'd actually enjoy doing, even though I don't get paid.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 6:03 AM
Almost forgot, I work part time as an eye wrangler for Uma Thurman.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:51 AM
Was going to give serious answer - no, shan't bother. I think atm it's professional defender of consumers from arsehole companies trying to sell you a pup (EA) and, just yesterday, grammar nazi (but that will pass).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:46 AM
Well I'm going to be brave and confess. I'm still unemployed after getting made redundant last year, but as of this week I am claiming Universal Credit (It's like the new version of Jobseeker's Allowance). In order to get paid, I have to prove that I have been looking for work for 35 hours a week! This sounds like such a lot to me, it worries me that there might not be 35 hours worth of stuff to actually do!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:10 PM
Student, currently unemployed, desperately looking for a part-time job. As for what I'd like to be, right now I'm currently leaning towards psychologist (research or clinical), but my dad's pushing me to go to med school, so we'll see.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Instructor
#23 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
I'm still in school, so I get some money from the state. I had a bit of a job, where I had to walk with an elderly lady a couple of times a week, but it's a long time since we last had something scheduled.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:55 PM
I let it slip once and felt paranoid ever since.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM
I sit on the couch drinking Lucky watching Honey Boo Boo and Real Housewives all on the government's salary.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Page 1 of 2