Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:59 PM Last edited by DJKanine9 : 13th Apr 2021 at 12:15 AM.
Default The Warrior Cats Legacy Challenge ~ Highly Updated!
EPs Required: Pets

The Goal
Raise the most successful clan as you can for as many generations as possible. In simple terms, don't break the rules!

Getting Started

1. Go into CAS and name the randomly-generated Sim (or rather, Twoleg for this challenge) whatever you like as well as give them whatever traits, but there is no need to alter their appearance. They will still be of use to you, but it will not be necessary to make them look presentable. If you have the University Life EP, you are also allowed to make them a Plant Sim and use them as the 'Spirit of the Land' (inspired by the Warrior Cats Challenge let's play of Seri Pixel Biologist-- if you haven't already, go ahead and check it out! It's an amazing watch).

2. Create one-three cats. Their appearances, traits, and roles are up to you. Usually people would say you should use only natural colors, but you know what I say? Screw it; your game, your cats. You could even make Rainbowclan, or Neonclan, or heck, even Pixelclan. It's all up to you, it's not my place to tell you how to make your cats.

3. After you have created your Twoleg and cats, buy them an empty home lot, preferably a small to medium lot. This is only a small part of your territory, and it will hold your Clan's camp and basic hunting territory. If you want to, you can create "wild" lots in Edit Map mode which are available for you to buy as private property and therefore make part of your territory. However, if you want your territory to solely be one lot, be my guest.

4. (OPTIONAL-- IF YOU'RE GOING THE SPIRIT OF THE LAND ROUTE, THERE IS NO NEED TO DO THIS.) Now that you've got your empty lot, you'll first have to create a small den for your Twoleg, inescapable from the inside and unaccessible from the outside unless you so choose to let them out. Give your Twoleg the basic necessities that they will need to survive. A computer would be nice as well, since it will be useful for adoption and social interaction.

5. After the Twoleg's den has been built, make your cats' territory and camp! Be creative, you can create anything you want for your cats to live in. The sky is the limit! Swamps, deserts, heck, even extraterrestrial biomes are all possibilities! You could even create some sort of cave system or a complex array of rivers for the camp. Make sure you have all the dens:
- Leader
- Warriors
- Apprentices
- Nursery
- Elders
- Medicine Cat

[ HELPFUL TIP: ] If you want certain prey items to spawn, hold down Ctrl + Shift + C and type in 'testingcheatsenabled true', press enter, and then do the same with the word 'buydebug.' Go to buy mode, then click the Categories menu. There will be a category with the symbol '?' on it. The debug menu contains spawners and a variety of other items.

6. After that, it is recommended to furnish your territory/camp with things like:
- Pet houses (Used for sleeping as well as for trying for kits. This one is actually essential, unless you have a separate designated spot on the map where cats go for mating.)
- Pet beds
- Cat condos (VERY useful. It can be used as a bed and as a scratching post, with multiple spots of capacity for many cats to fulfill their needs at the same time.)
- Toy box (At least two, and only with the cat toys inside. You can also get the foil and paper ball toys from the buyDebug menu. They look like rocks. Also, yarn balls could be like little moss balls for the kits if you color them green.)
- Scratching posts (This is optional, since the claw moodlet does nothing for your cat, but it could serve as a mood boost and prevent your cats from getting sick.)

Ranks
(Note that this is what is established in the books-- you don't particularly have to follow this to a T. It's your own Clan, feel free to get creative!)

Leader - The cat in charge of the Clan, given nine lives by StarClan. Their word is law and they are the ones who conduct ceremonies.

Deputy - The leader's right hand cat. They will be the one to step up to the leader position, should the current leader die whilst they are in the position of deputy.

Warrior - The cats who hunt and defend the clan.

Apprentice - Kits that have grown six moons old and are thus considered old enough to begin training. They are assigned to a warrior or medicine cat and train under their mentor until they are ready for their warrior/medicine cat name and status.

Queen - She-cats that bear and nurse kits.

Kit - Cats under six moons old who still need care from queens.

Medicine Cat - The cat who communicates with Starclan and heals ailments. They are usually not allowed to have kits, as they must consider the entire clan their kits.

Elder - Cats who have grown too old to properly perform their duties. They are usually highly respected among their clan for surviving so long despite the harsh environment of the wild.

Adding Members

As you might be thinking right now, one to three cats is obviously not enough to sustain a large population over multiple generations. So how do we keep our numbers afloat? There are a number of different ways to add new cats to the Clan:

1. You may create multiple rogue/loner cats and scatter them across the map for your Clan to meet and interact with. If you so choose, you can recruit any number of suitable members to your group.

2. You may adopt cats from the shelter to add to the Clan, which can be considered the same as taking in any stray rogue from the world. This is a good option for anyone who would rather not spend the time creating new rogues from scratch.

3. Kits, of course! You may have as many kits at whatever rate you want-- however, I wouldn't overdo things on that front. Too many mouths to feed will make things difficult, and too many cats from one bloodline will make it harder to find suitable romantic partners!

Randomly Generated Events (optional, but highly recommended!)

Yet another feature highly inspired by Seri! It's not completely necessary to use them, but random generators add a factor of risk and unpredictability to everything your cats go through. Think of it like a singleplayer Warrior Cats-themed DnD campaign!

For example, if you notice a cat failing to catch a snake, you could roll a die, random generator, etc. to determine whether or not that cat got a venomous bite. If the cat has gotten a bite and your medicine cat fails to cure them, they could very possibly die, costing you a valuable warrior.

Everyone has their own unique parameters and events that they go by-- however, if the task of creating generators feels daunting, here are a few basic ones to go by! Feel free to use them in your own game, or use them as inspiration to make your own generators. These are intended to be used with a random number generator, from 1 to 100.

ILLNESS / INJURY SEVERITY:
1 - 33 ~ Mild
34 - 66 ~ Moderate
67 - 100 ~ Severe

CAT DRINKS TO FILL HUNGER:
1 - 5 ~ Nothing happens
6 - 100 ~ They contract a contagious illness (roll ILLNESS SEVERITY)

CAT'S MOOD COLOR WORSENS (Portrait and Plumbob Color):
1 - 50 ~ Nothing happens
51 - 100 ~ Cat falls ill (roll ILLNESS SEVERITY)

CAT LOSES FIGHT:
1 - 30 ~ They are unharmed
31 - 75 ~ They are injured (roll INJURY SEVERITY)
76 - 100 ~ They are killed

KIT IS BORN:
1 - 75 ~ Healthy, nothing out of the ordinary
76 - 90 ~ Stillborn
91 - 100 ~ Born with a condition (roll BIRTH CONDITION)

BIRTH CONDITION:
1 - 20 ~ Mild Handicap
21 - 40 ~ Severe Handicap
41 - 60 ~ Blind
61 - 80 ~ Deaf
81 - 100 ~ Frail Constitution

Ailments (to be used with random generators)

Venom - If not cured within three days of taking in venom, the patient will die.

Food Poisoning / Ingested Poison - Range from mild to severe. Depending on how bad it is, a cat could only need some time to rest, or die if the poison is not removed from their system.

Injuries - Range from mild to moderate to severe. Depending on how bad they are, a cat could only need a few days and some herbs to fully heal, or even die if they're left without treatment.

Illness - Range from mild to moderate to severe. Depending on how bad it is, a cat could only need a few days and some herbs to fully heal, or even die if they're left without treatment.

Birth Conditions (to be used with random generators)

Mild Handicap - The cat is able to move on their own, but unable to do certain actions such as hunting, running, etc.

Severe Handicap - The cat cannot move without assistance, they must spend the majority of their time in their nest.

Blindness - Usually, the cat requires assistance to roam around, however, they are capable of moving as well as any other cat.

Deafness - The cat can roam around and move as they please, however it will be harder for them to socialize since they cannot hear.

Frail Constitution - The cat cannot perform any heavy duties like hunting or fighting. They will automatically die if they get into a fight with a stronger cat.

Rules:

1. The only mods allowed are mods that help increase the amount of Sims and Pets in your family, and the mod I linked down below.

2. Having your cats drink water is cheating since it fills up their hunger. A way I suggest to prevent this is by rolling a random generator for a cat to potentially catch a contagious disease when they drink, thus setting up a sort of "punishment" for cheating.

3. You cannot change the results once an event is rolled. What happens is what happens, even if you don't like it.

4. (Most important rule) Have fun!

Losing Conditions:

1. Your cats got taken away by the social workers.

2. All of your cats died.

3. Your Clan was disbanded.

Recommended Mods:

nraas WooHooer ~ Allows you to try for kittens even when your household is "full."

nraas PortraitPanel ~ Allows you to have more then the maximum amount of Sim portraits in the game, so it doesn't glitch out when you get more cats.

nraas Mover ~ Allows you to merge two households together or move a cat in even when the household is full.

nraas MasterController (+ Cheat module) ~ Honestly, this is an essential mod for any Sims 3 player, really. It has a good many features, such as renaming cats, changing traits, changing skill points, adding cats to the household, etc.

More Filling Prey Items (Mod the Sims) ~ Allows your cats to become full after eating just one piece of prey. VERY helpful.

(EDIT: Cleaned some stuff up, and made some hopefully better guidelines for anyone who has just stumbled into this challenge. Additionally, this challenge is now also posted in the official Sims forums!)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:27 PM
After a while, can you delete the sim using 'testingcheatsenabledtrue' then deleting it? It won't take away the pets, it'll still be there, but just not seeable. they can't interact with it either. Also, what happens if a person comes to the lot? Bad kitties? also, I haven't actually started yet, but can cats eat the things?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hotdogs4life
After a while, can you delete the sim using 'testingcheatsenabledtrue' then deleting it? It won't take away the pets, it'll still be there, but just not seeable. they can't interact with it either. Also, what happens if a person comes to the lot? Bad kitties? also, I haven't actually started yet, but can cats eat the things?
Actually, the Sim is quite important. If you don't have Nraas Mastercontroller, you won't be able to name your new cats and kits unless they're adopted and you don't get points for adopting kits And if a Sim comes onto the lot, testingcheatsenabled true, object:delete! Simple. And I would suggest this mod for this challenge:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=526095
Yes, cats can eat the minor pets. But the hunger it fills is so small you have to catch, like, 4 pieces of prey just to fill one cat. That mod I just linked above is to increase the amount it fills. Use only one of the .package files, and use the x6. That will be VERY helpful. More filling prey, less prey to hunt. You can choose whether your cats fish or hunt land prey. Both require Hunting skill
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:56 PM
If anybody has any suggestions or (CONSTRUCTIVE) feedback, feel free to post it! Thanks for checking out my challenge!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:02 PM
Tips:

~ Make sure the apprentices socialize in their free time. Why do you think I didn't tell you to just add them in Create a Sim?
~ Pay attention to how good your cats are at hunting in the two different ways (fishing and land hunting). If your cat is absolutely terrible at land hunting (like most of mine end up) they will probably excel at fishing. Vice versa, too. But there's a small possibility that your cat will be good at neither, but never both.
~ You don't need scratching posts because the Claw Moodlet doesn't affect your cats' moods.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 1:56 AM
K, I had this really good clan going (Nu mods) And then... A thing popped up saying 'You did not care four your pets! The goverment is taking them away!' And I was like, 'NNUUU!!' Also, I think drinking water is cheating. It fills you up all that way, su yerp. My main problem was the thing I showed above. xD
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 10:12 AM
I has had a good idea! (I think) You should either build the camp a bit underground or above ground so the kits can't get out! Also, I recommend putting the Cat Condo or whatever its called into the nests, because its 4 or 5 cats per thing. (But kits can only sleep on the bottom one) Also because it has multiple scratching posts!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 12:21 PM
I has had a good idea! (I think) You should either build the camp a bit underground or above ground so the kits can't get out! Also, I recommend putting the Cat Condo or whatever its called into the nests, because its 4 or 5 cats per thing. (But kits can only sleep on the bottom one) Also because it has multiple scratching posts!
I actually figured that out already. o3o Did you download the mod I linked? That's fine, but if there are mods that affect moods then that's a No-No! If you don't want your cats to be taken away by the social worker, you need to have them socialize everyday and hunt regularly so you have a well-stocked fresh kill pile. And I forgot to add the drinking water thing but thanks for reminding me! (BTW I always use the underground idea. Put stairs.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaninezrule5
I actually figured that out already. o3o Did you download the mod I linked? That's fine, but if there are mods that affect moods then that's a No-No! If you don't want your cats to be taken away by the social worker, you need to have them socialize everyday and hunt regularly so you have a well-stocked fresh kill pile. And I forgot to add the drinking water thing but thanks for reminding me! (BTW I always use the underground idea. Put stairs.)
Oh, wait, that's my other account! I'd love to see pictures of your cats! :3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:25 PM
K, I had this really good clan going (Nu mods) And then... A thing popped up saying 'You did not care four your pets! The goverment is taking them away!' And I was like, 'NNUUU!!' Also, I think drinking water is cheating. It fills you up all that way, su yerp. My main problem was the thing I showed above. xD
I know something funny that you can do! Once they come, pause and then go 'testingcheatsenabled true' then Delete them liek a bawws! I did that with the repoman and I'm just liek "Oh are you coming to take away my stuff?" *Delete* "Whoops! Guess I never have to pay my bills again!" it's priceless!
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJKanine9
I know something funny that you can do! Once they come, pause and then go 'testingcheatsenabled true' then Delete them liek a bawws! I did that with the repoman and I'm just liek "Oh are you coming to take away my stuff?" *Delete* "Whoops! Guess I never have to pay my bills again!" it's priceless!

But the second the message pops up the cats are removed from mah fam
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:43 PM
Grr.. I don't get it. I get a bunch of prey for mah pile, the next day, THEY REFUSE TO EAT IT. UUGGGHHHHHHHHH
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
80 points! I DEMAND TO BE ON THE LEADERBOARD! Oops... I mean may I pwetty pwease be on da wittle weaderboard?
Also, maybe possibly hopefully I can figure out how to pt pictures here! =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:15 PM
80 points! I DEMAND TO BE ON THE LEADERBOARD! Oops... I mean may I pwetty pwease be on da wittle weaderboard?
We just need someone else to participate and post their score, then I'll decide who ges first! But for now, I guess you're on!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM
But the second the message pops up the cats are removed from mah fam
Hmm, well that's a problem. I've never experienced the cats refusing to eat. Maybe their way to the fresh kill pile is blocked or you just have too many beetles. (Beetles, on my computer, are problematic. When I direct a cat to eat it, most of the time they can't get there even if there's a clear path. But now that problem's not really common anymore.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:21 PM
Do you know Wordpress? Just go to Post Media, upload a picture, copy the link of the picture they give you, do the img thing ([IMG]), then paste it! At least that's how I do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:22 PM
Hotdogs4life is first on the leaderboard, but I might be able to beat it. Or you guys. Better step your game up, Hotdog, because we're all on your tail. XP
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:31 PM
Added rules! Follow them or the consequences will be great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 9:08 PM
Default Update 6/7/2014
Hello guys! Here is my current clan, Meadowclan.

Here's our first leader, Meadowstar. I figured that since this is a new clan the leader should be named after the clan because the clan's named after them!

Then we have his mate, Leafpelt.

And the apprentices, Gingerpaw and Whitepaw. I'm sure you can guess which is which. It's obvious.

The warriors went out hunting for the day, leaving the apprentices a chance to get to know each other.

When the warriors were done hunting, it was dusk. Meadowstar caught nothing, but Leafpelt was able to catch a turtle and a cockroach.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:40 AM
When do we know when to stop? (As in, add up our score.)

I really, really want try this challenge. It sounds awesome and the books were awesome as well. :3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silent_Monochrome
When do we know when to stop? (As in, add up our score.)

I really, really want try this challenge. It sounds awesome and the books were awesome as well. :3
Thanks! I never said you had to stop the challenge to add up your score (or did I?)! Whenever you like. What I do is whenever I'm done playing for the day, I add up my scores, then either exit the game or go to a new one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:36 PM
I actually started over. Just expect this from me because I am extremely impatient at times. Thanks for viewing my challenge guys! \^3^/ Hugs!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 10:38 PM
Current Score: 10
Only got two warrior ceremonies down, but a litter of kits (or two litters, one of the she cats are awaiting their pregnancy notice) are on their way right now! Hope you like my challenge!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 12:53 AM
Grr.... I want my cat to has kittens with her brother (Odd, yet thats how life works. I chated them in, as apps, but I didn't know they were siblings. I was like 'Cool! A tom and a she-cat! *Click* Then when I checked their fam tree, I was like 'Oh... *La sigh* I guess they has too xD' Then when it said 'Try for Kittens' It was blacked out and it was like 'Your family is to big to have kittens.' There was the human, and 6 CATS! JEEZ! I also have Mover AND portrait panel.... WWWHHYYYY???
Thats why I didn't play for a while =P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:18 PM Last edited by DJKanine9 : 14th Jul 2014 at 4:03 PM.
Grr.... I want my cat to has kittens with her brother (Odd, yet thats how life works. I chated them in, as apps, but I didn't know they were siblings. I was like 'Cool! A tom and a she-cat! *Click* Then when I checked their fam tree, I was like 'Oh... *La sigh* I guess they has too xD' Then when it said 'Try for Kittens' It was blacked out and it was like 'Your family is to big to have kittens.' There was the human, and 6 CATS! JEEZ! I also have Mover AND portrait panel.... WWWHHYYYY???
Thats why I didn't play for a while =P
Portrait panel just adds more panels, it doesn't increase the capacity itself. Download MasterController and StoryProgression. Links here:
MasterController: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
StoryProgression: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
Click a Sim
Click StoryProgression
Click Household Options
Click Pet Size = 6
Change the number to whatever you want! IDK if it works, but I'm trying it right now.
EDIT:
Oh, yeah, and you also need WooHooer to keep the Try For Baby action when the household is overstuffed. Hope it works for you!
WooHooer: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Woohooer
Page 1 of 27