Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UnBeauty Parlor-Update for Babies!

by SleepyTabby Posted 3rd Jul 2014 at 10:38 AM - Updated 5th Oct 2014 at 1:31 AM by SleepyTabby : added in baby age compatibility

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for adding more interest and character to our sims mugs!
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:56 PM
Great work, and a fun write-up too! I was just imagining how the TV commercials go - in the before picture they're all glum and dejected but in the after picture they have broad smiles with twinkles in the eye.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 7:55 PM
@CatofEvilGenius-Thank you for the nice comment! Hopefully some part of this set can come in handy for others.
@Sophie-David-Thanks, I went kind of bonkers trying to think of what to say about this set, other than "Behold, proof I spend too much time doodling for my Sims!" I was tempted to have them smile more broadly-like they do when they see another Sim they like-but it distorted their face too much.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:33 PM
Too much time doodling for sims? I do not understand these words! XD Glad you have the time to make face doodles for us. The sims do start to blur together for me so quirky details really make the game more visually interesting to me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:56 PM
Aw, thanks. I'm glad these can come in handy. I agree, the Sims could use more diversity, which is why it's cool that so many people have created overlays and special effects for them. (Gushy moment: I was happy to learn that your Asian eyelids blend well on the skintones I've been working on. They're not pictured here, but one of my Sims has them.)

Plus, these were mostly a break from my attempts at meshing. I'm working on a natural body shape project with Lastgale, and it's...well, kind of a big project for a newbie like me. Oh well. Live and learn, and practice makes experience. Er, perfect.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 1:13 AM
These look great, I especially like the crows feet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:02 AM
@joandsarah77-Thank you. The wrinkles were probably my favorite to do, just because they add such character to the Sims. It's fun to have options, in case you want them to look like they lived either happy or miserable lives. But it's hard to actually make wrinkles that look okay on the Sims.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:12 AM
Very unique upload! Sometimes our sims can be a bit too perfect. They can be so perfect that they start to look the same. This upload allows you to add a bit more realistic diversity. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM
Love these sets!! The freckles are my favorite also- the custom eyes you have on your sims are lovely! Are they unreleased by you or could we find them somewhere? Either way, would love to know; I love custom eyes but sometimes they get cartoon-y and the ones you use here look very natural. Thanks again for the download!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM
@AriesFlare-Thank you for the nice comment! Obviously, I completely agree with you about Sims needing imperfections. Personally, I think it's more attractive when people have some sort of quirk about them.

@Casseh-Thank you for your kind words. The eyes are by me, and are unreleased. I've been trying to find a balance between cartoon and realistic so that they look good when the Sims animate. I'll be releasing them soon, but I just have to get it more "ready" (some of the colors and shading still seem off to me). I liked how Phaenoh released her eye set so that you can pick and choose defaults or just go totally custom, so I was hoping to do the same.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 8:49 PM
What a great set of "unbeauty". Thank you! :-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 3:13 PM
@MacApple-Thank you, I hope you enjoy it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 8:55 PM
these are lovely thanks! did you do the skintones?
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 3:33 AM
@punkin: Thank you! Yes, I did the skintones, but they're still unreleased, as they're a work-in-progress. I'm still not happy with them (need to touch up shading, smooth out some seams), but when I reach a point that I'm satisfied, I'll probably release them here on MTS.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
awesome! been looking for skins having a hard time finding ones i really like
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM
@punkin

So you know, I'm still working on those skins. It's my first time making a skinset, so it has a lot of work needed to be done. I'm getting some help in the Creator Feedback Forum right now (finally found it; for some reason, I kept looking in the Creative Corner :P). Sorry it's taking so long, but hopefully you've found some other skins that you like as well. There are a lot of great ones out there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:36 PM
Its fine im very patient
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:49 AM
So cool. Thankyou so much. My sims are all individuals in my eyes and now they can look like they are too. Can't wait to use these - Thanks again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:09 PM
@Simgirlsam, thanks for leaving such a nice comment. Hope these work out well for your Sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 5:17 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 9:00 PM
clicked for the incredibly funny username stayed for the REALLY cool details youve got here. thanks!