Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 6:33 PM
Default Duplicate File finder
Could anyone recommend a free utility to identify duplicate files? I'd like to check that I don't have any duplicate package files in my TS2 Downloads folder. I could write something in VB if I was stuck, but I'm sure there must be a few score good duplicate file finders already written, probably better and certainly faster than I could do.

(With a little bit of lateral thinking, I wondered if Delphy's Download Organizer might identify duplicate package files, but the description here doesn't actually say that it does, although it seems to do just about everything else you could possibly want to do with your Downloads folder!)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
The Clean Installer will mark duplicate files in pink (http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=5). Note that this is only for Sims 2.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:02 PM
Thanks Mootilda I'll use that. I've already got the Clean Installer.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM
You can use DuplicateFilesDeleter, it is a fast way to find and delete all duplicate files .