Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 7:48 PM
Locked thread | Replies: 92 (Who?), Viewed: 4488 times.
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:47 AM Last edited by Averex : 11th Jul 2014 at 2:57 AM.
Default It's not as bad as it looks...
I know you guys are pissed off about what the game lacks and all, but you have to be open-minded and look past the toddlers, pools, open worlds and crap. Shower this with disagrees all you want, but I am indeed looking forward to seeing how this game turns out, and I am going to buy it, regardless of whether you guys are going to. And for the record, what the game is losing is pretty trivial stuff. In TS3, the open world sounded like a good idea, but what happened? Oh yeah, almost all the locations were rabbit holes, and it crashed/severely lagged any computer that wasn't high-end. At least in games prior to TS3, when you went out, you actually got to go out instead of watching your sims go in and waiting for them to come out with a moodlet. Yes, the trailers aren't actual gameplay, but from what I've seen, you get to go to places you wouldn't have been able to before (in TS3 at least). And as for pools, so you can't drown your sims anymore. Boo fricking hoo. One of the trailers shows that you can actually die of laughter in the game. Call me crazy, but that sounds like a fun way to murder your sims if you ask me. And if you actually made the sims swim, it's not like there won't be other things to do to bring up body skill or fun meters. As for toddlers, I personally deemed them useless. I know some people liked them, but I just personally found them annoying. You couldn't do anything with them except command your other sims to help them when they're wailing, and that gets tiring pretty quick. Anyway, I think you guys should at least try the game before you go bashing it and boycotting it and whatnot. It can run on slower computers, the emotions and multitasking sound interesting, the build mode is more user-friendly, the CAS is much more detailed, etc.

But of course, nobody cares about the positives, because how will life go on without our precious pools and toddlers?!?!

Seriously guys. Give the game a chance. You may be surprised.

UPDATE : Guys, I was being a retard there. I posted something else after rereading this and realizing what a selfish bitch I sounded like. I believe that it's on the 2nd page? Go see that instead of this poor excuse for an argument.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:41 AM
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:45 AM
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
Anyway, I think you guys should at least try the game before you go bashing it and boycotting it and whatnot.

If there were a free demo available (not just CAS), sure, no problem... Otherwise, you are welcome to buy me a copy of the game "just to try".
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:51 AM
It's $60. I'm not going to "try the game" for that kind of money.

Toddlers are an entire life stage. It's a life simulator. It's a little difficult to imagine an entire world without any "annoying" toddlers.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:53 AM
There are parts where I agree and disagree of what you said, so I'll click both buttons.

From the parts where I agree, there are certainly good additions the Sims 4 has been including, I personally find really good the new CAS, but there has been things confirmed to be cut from the game, things that were pretty much guarenteed from a Sims game, I have played Sims 1, 2 and 3 and loved to play them all, and really liked the improvements from Sims 1 to Sims 2 in terms of Generational playstyle, and liked the full customization options from Sims 3 (I personally like to create sims with odd hair colors, because you gotta have blue hair.)

But, I wouldn't consider the losses as "trivial stuff" because someone finds them annoying/useless, and is the biggest reason of why I disagree, the sims game is where anyone can do anything with their sims, and having options getting cut reduces the potential from the game, specially if the losses are base-game material like toddlers, or any lifestage for that matter. (And it really feels strange if they sell us toddlers in an EP, considering they were from the base game since their introduction), and considering we have mods, the parts that are not of our liking can be modded away or reduced to become bearable (Remember the Birthday Cake? and it didn't even required mods), to me, every tiny detail is important to this game, those details make the game fun.

But it feels that Sims 4 is not making enough good additions, and the ones they make are heavily overshadowed by the severe bad parts they did to it.

There's still time until the release, and only after that I'll be sure whether I buy this game or not, but currently, i'm siding to the Nay side, since only the CAS has caught my attention, and there isn't really a lot else of what we have seen, and everything else can be played with the other Sims games.

(Excuse me if you find any bad engrish somewhere, I'm not native speaker, and took me a while to write all this).
Banned
#7 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syb
If there were a free demo available (not just CAS), sure, no problem... Otherwise, you are welcome to buy me a copy of the game "just to try".

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#8 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:21 AM
While you may find toddlers to be useless or annoying that isn't the point. The Sims is a life simulator-a generational game and toddlerhood is an important life stage that should not have been left out of the base game. If they want to ship a half finished game it should come at a half finished price, not $88 AUS. If you would like to send us all a copy to 'give it a chance' than you are most welcome.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 11th Jul 2014 at 1:42 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
While you may find toddlers to be useless or annoying that isn't the point. The Sims is a life simulator-a generational game and toddlerhood is an important life stage that should not have been left out of the base game. If they want to ship a half finished game it should come at a half finished price, not $88 AUS. If you would like to send us all a copy to 'give it a chance' than you are most welcome.

Exactly! It's all about principle. If they can take out pools and toddlers, features included in previous games for the asking purchase price, and then charge extra money for it, what else can they do? Saying "I don't use it so you shouldn't either" is arrogant, narcissistic, and snobby. If we used that logic, there'd be nothing in the game because everybody has different things they use and don't use in a game. Everybody has different tastes.

Oh, and that bullshit excuse given by R.R. Franklin? It was just that. Bullshit. Trade-offs, you say? I honestly don't know what the removed features had to do with anything. Makes about as much sense as saying "If we added hair we wouldn't be able to add clothing. So we did neither! Enjoy your bald and naked sims!" Shit, if anybody else in another field had said something like that, people'd be calling for their heads. Imagine if General Motors or Alfa-Romeo came out and said, "Sorry, we couldn't include windows or wheels in your car because then we would've had to get rid of doors and seats." Nobody'd fucking buy that weak-titty excuse!

They have the nerve to take out all these features, then charge 80 fucking dollars for it? It's time we say, enough! The only language E.A. understands is money. So, until we start hitting E.A. where it hurts (their coffers), they will keep doing this shit, over and over again, laughing all the way to the banco. Enough is enough, E.A.! Never again, will we buy your shitty games! Never again, I say!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:30 AM
I am still trying to figure out why someone else gives a frick and frack whether or not I buy Sims 4? Go ahead and have the time of your life. I do wish you well, but I am not buying at full price and not before the "annoying toddlers" are added. My money, my choice.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
<rains flowers & butterflies>

Seriously guys. Give the game a chance. You may be surprised.


Sorry, no $80 "chances" round here...
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarasu
Sorry, no $80 "chances" round here...

I wouldn't give the game a chance even if it were free. I've got better things to spend my internet access on.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:58 AM
I have noticed a correlation between the number of posts someone has and their enthusiasm for the game. The people encouraging the rest of us to be positive nearly always have well under 30 posts here, and typically begin encouraging us to be positive within their first five posts.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I have noticed a correlation between the number of posts someone has and their enthusiasm for the game. The people encouraging the rest of us to be positive nearly always have well under 30 posts here, and typically begin encouraging us to be positive within their first five posts.

I guess that's because most of the people pissed off over the game have been with the series for a long time, some (myself included) have been playing since TS1 came out back in 2000. Most of the people who are excited for the game tend to be newcomers from what I see.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:05 AM
Who cares about everything we once had in The Sims? Hell they can even remove the ability to make houses. We got cupcake machines now, so what else would we ever need?


[/sarcasm]


Now I gotta clean up my puke
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:37 AM
As most long-time players will realize, there is a finite end to our patience.

For both EA and others who tell us that we should suspend all of our disbelief about the latest game to 'give EA a chance'

We've been giving EA chances for over 14 years. They have 'rewarded' us with DRM, crappy games, overcharging us by the bucket, microtransactions, stripped gameplay, unfixed problems, and excuses for all of those.

Then you expect us to kneel in reverence to them?

Hell, no. Enough is enough. I've paid more than enough to EA for all of this. It wasn't a pleasure, thank you very much.

You can spend your money any way you like, but don't tell me to waste mine.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:02 AM
I guess the problem here it's only your tone miss... You can be excited with Sims 4. You're not obliged to dislike it. I am excited with some aspects of the game as well. CAS looks amazing, I like the new style of the game (Sims 3 was ugly as hell), I like the fact open world is gone at least Sims 3 style... But you can't just come here and start being ironic and say "oh you know I don´t care about toddlers I didn't even like children... like .. you know? And pools oh my gawd! So glad they're gone gurl. BoHooo to all the haters." Just because you don't use them doesn't mean other people don't as well. People are disappointed because they are realizing that a lot of things were rushed out (what's even the excuse for teens to be the same freaking height as adults?) and wanted a polished, well produced and respected (by the team who made it) game.

Now I do believe that the majority of people here will try the game (try it not buy it) because of their love for the sims. But weather they move to 4 or stick with the previous installments is up to them and doesn't justify your "oh so lame you guys. Bo-hoo poor you you can't move on with your sad life without toddlers?"tone.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:39 AM
You're not one to tell people what to do with their money, or what to think of the game. If you're excited about TS4 and plan on buying it, good for you, but that has nothing to do with me. I don't pay for products that I deem inferior, as I vote with my money in the end. I'm also not so selfish as to only care about what *I* want in a game. There are some features missing that I wouldn't miss personally, but since it's a downgrade from previous games removing them (especially since there's not enough new quality features added to make up for it) and it means screwing over a lot of players with a different play style to mine, I still care. There's also something called principles...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:15 PM
Oh good, another personal rant thread. This'll go well...

Seriously guys -these threads never go well- especially when they come from a presumption of everyone having the same opinion already, or trying to preach to people to tell them what they should be thinking. We can form our own opinions - and if our opinions are "We don't like what we're seeing, they've cut too much, we're not gonna buy it" then that is just as valid an opinion as "I love TS4 and will buy it on release day and I would marry it if I could."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#20 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:23 PM
I'm planning on borrowing the game so that I can try it out, if I like it (even though I doubt it) ill buy it.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.


- poof gone -
Instructor
#21 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidFlanders
I'm planning on borrowing the game so that I can try it out, if I like it (even though I doubt it) ill buy it.

Well, if you borrow it, you wouldn't need to buy it. Would you?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#22 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:41 PM
Will it really be possible to borrow it anyway when everything points to the fact that you cannot play it without an Origin account? To me this sounds that you would have to borrow the whole computer on which the game is installed.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:43 PM
Also, need to have information if there's a limit of how many computers can use the same product key. Yeah, Origin's attached, but you can put it on offline mode so you don't need a persistent internet connection.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#24 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:19 PM
I bought a $1 scratch card yesterday, and won a sum equal to 700 USD. I wouldn't even buy TS4 with that money, TBF. :-)
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
I know you guys are pissed off about what the game lacks and all, but (...)

I'm not as eloquent as some, but I gave TS3 "a chance". I was not impressed. I did not buy any of the expansions, saved all that money, and saved myself some headaches apparently. I was still out the money from the base game, but according to you 'oh well'. I'm not doing it again. At least TS3 had core features (aside from hot tubs) in it. At least TS3 had some improvements in it. TS4 is a joke.
As others have stated: It's my money, I'll spend it how I want, not how you want.

Are you having patching problems?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4
Back to top