Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:51 PM Last edited by auddygirl4100 : 15th Oct 2014 at 6:00 PM. Reason: New Optional Challenge Goals
Default The Minecraft Legacy
Just To Clarify Things

This challenge is based on the idea of survival minecraft, not creative. Also I have not tested it. There might be others like this but I haven't seen one I yet. ENJOY!!!!!!

Backstory ( FICTIONAL )
Way Before The Sims Franchise, there was a game called Minecraft. It was still in alpha, and only had survival mode. You were a minecraft character
That was taken out in release. However you were brought back, but in a different game. That game is The Sims 3. Knowing your past in a different game, you try to act like a sim while living off the land.

Create A Sim
Your founder sim can look however you would like her/him to look. The traits for your sim are Green Thumb, Loner, Angler, Natural Cook, and Clumsy. Each trait represents something in minecraft. I will get into that later on in the rules. The lifetime wish can be Home Design Hotshot if you have ambitions. If you don't have ambitions or don't want to do the architect profession. Do The Perfect Garden lifetime wish

The House/Lot
The house is very important in this challenge. You must start on a 60 by 60 lot. The way of building the house is very very specific. You start with a 3 by 3 box in the middle of the lot. Each sim day, expand the box by 1 grid square horizontally and vertically. You may not use diagonal walls, (Minecraft Is Made Of Blocks) For Furniture start out with only the necessities and a door. Diagonal furniture is allowed (but remember the walls cannot be diagonal) Each sim day you can buy one item. You can also wait a few sim days and get multiple items at once. Just remember the one furniture item per day is still involved. Example: if you wanted 5 items at once you have to wait 5 sim days to get them all. You can manipulate the interior however you would like. Just keep the size in mind. No diagonal walls inside.

Gameplay Rules
-You must grow or catch all food that you eat, except for quick meals. ( by catch i mean fish )
-You may eat quick meals ( kinda like eating raw meat in minecraft )
-You must have kids for the continuation of the legacy, but stay single no boyfriends or girlfriends, just romantic interests. ( You are acting like you are in minecraft single-player mode )
-You must have 5 Generations at minimum.
- You must have aging on
- Full moon must be on at all times during this challenge. ( zombies spawn every night in minecraft )

Optional Mods
Since the full moon is every night you might want to take off the lighting effects. This mod will do just that

http://modthesims.info/d/519435

If there are any other helpful mods you think would help this challenge please post a link to them in your reply

Optional Challenge Goals
I came up with some extra activities if you get bored with gameplay. Here they are.

1. Go scuba diving and find a treasure chest (Sea Temple Raiding)
2. Make 15 wooden sculptures ( Building Out Of Wood Planks)
3. Make 15 stone sculptures
(Building Out Of Smooth Stone Or Cobblestone)

That's it for this challenge, i will livestream me testing this challenge at
http://www.twitch.tv/auddygirl

ENJOY
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:17 PM
I never thought Sims and Minecraft can be so similar. Love this challenge!

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM
Interesting idea, but one thing I want to mention was that The Sims and The Sims 2 came out before Minecraft. The Sims 3 came out about a month after the original Minecraft Alpha release (June 2009 (TS3) and May 2009 (MC)), but technically was out before the full Minecraft release in 2011. So, you may want to change your intro. Maybe say something like "you were a removed character from the MC alpha, who was then reincarnated into TS3" or something like that.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:27 PM
this sounds awsome. I'm going to give it a try.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I knew someone who said they might kill whoever made a minecraft challenge, I would keep your eyes open bro. xD

Anyway, as for me, Its creative and intriguing. Good on yah'Mate!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princessmeg8989
this sounds awsome. I'm going to give it a try.

Great!!! Please tell me how it goes. I would really like some screenshots
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
I'm pretty sure I knew someone who said they might kill whoever made a minecraft challenge, I would keep your eyes open bro. xD

Anyway, as for me, Its creative and intriguing. Good on yah'Mate!

Geez! thats harsh
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auddygirl4100
Great!!! Please tell me how it goes. I would really like some screenshots

I just started the challenge today. I'd be glad to show you some screenshots and I will. First though i'll talk about my sim. His name is Steve Waters and I based him of minecrafts default skin. Heres a screenshot of my sim and my 3 x 3 house:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%203/Screenshots/Screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG]
Next the grand tour of the house:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%203/Screenshots/Screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]
I know its probably the worst house ever.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princessmeg8989
I just started the challenge today. I'd be glad to show you some screenshots and I will. First though i'll talk about my sim. His name is Steve Waters and I based him of minecrafts default skin. Heres a screenshot of my sim and my 3 x 3 house:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%203/Screenshots/Screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG]
Next the grand tour of the house:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Megan/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%203/Screenshots/Screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]
I know its probably the worst house ever.

That's how it's supposed to look. It's a noobish dirt house, overtime it will get better
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:45 PM
There should be something with TS3 Pets. Since the game has Cats (Ozelots), Dogs (Wolves), and Horses. Although, it's an optional feature. XD
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:22 PM
My grandson loves MineCraft. I don't know anything about the game other than it being very archaic in form with all the blocks. This sounds intriguing & I might give it a try!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Suenell
My grandson loves MineCraft. I don't know anything about the game other than it being very archaic in form with all the blocks. This sounds intriguing & I might give it a try!

If you play it tell me how it goes. I would love an opinion from a non-minecrafter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Capulina
There should be something with TS3 Pets. Since the game has Cats (Ozelots), Dogs (Wolves), and Horses. Although, it's an optional feature. XD

I mean there is no rule against having pets. If you want them then go get em!!!