Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#651 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:04 PM
Ugh, so how long did you have to wait? It's been an hour and still nothing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#652 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So do I have to uninstall my TS2 and EPs/SPs before I can install this? That'll decide whether or not this is worth the one SP I'm missing :P

Yes, but you can always save your Documents folder since your saves should still be compatible.

Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
Ugh, so how long did you have to wait? It's been an hour and still nothing.

My chat window said I waited 72 minutes.
Lab Assistant
#653 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsForever15
As long as you have at least one TS2 game on Origin, you'll get UC. It could even just be an EP or SP. It doesn't have to be a base game.

Ah. This how my came out.

I don't have nothing else. Should I uninstall the Sims game that's on my computer or should it stay there.
Field Researcher
#654 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Got it! I can verify that they will give it for a physical copy; my base game is from 2004. Now I just have to recreate my old mods folder. Oh, I do like it when EA gives me free toys. Almost makes up for the thousands of dollars I've spent on this series over the years.

One of the best customer service interactions I've had, believe it or not. EA needs more people like my rep. Nintendo was still better in speed though.
Lab Assistant
#655 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rousseau
First, I don't usually call out people's typos online, especially in this day of smartphone auto-suggest/correct. However, I have to for yours, because it was awesome and gave me a good chuckle at the end of a tough day. So, thank you for that. Btw, I back up my fails, too!

I know it was a chuckle for you but hurtful to me. I didn't have my phone near me and since I was 7 years old words I say don't come out the way I say it. So I have certain disability in my head that takes a while to register.

Glad it made your day.
Instructor
#656 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:30 PM
Okay, I give up. I have most of the games, and this doesn't really include new stuff. If it had pre-order content from all regions and Store content, then maybe, but I don't want to go to the trouble of waiting to download (my Internet is pretty slow), uninstalling, installing, replacing some of my mods (like the Stuff pack fix) etc. Not worth it.
Lab Assistant
#657 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:35 PM
I didn't have the digital versions of the games, I had the retail cds so what I did is to contact EA and ask them to register one of my EPs key to my Origin account.

I talked to one advisor and him them I wanted to register my old Sims 2 University EP and he then told me he would add TS2UC to my libary instead. He didn't even ask me for the key, maybe because I had registered the game way back when TS2 Exchange was still around.
Forum Resident
#658 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:40 PM
Attempt 1: 27 minute wait for a phone call. Had the phone call. He asked for my code to my base game (no username or security questions). The code wasn't in their system so he said he'd give me double deluxe and I would get UC on the 22nd. DD still isn't in my games.

Attempt 2: waiting for a live chat. When it got to 5-10 min on the timer the power and thus, the wifi went out. I hope I'm still connected: I waited for almost an hour and now I'm debating if this is even worth it.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#659 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Ok, I uninstalled all Deluxe, Pets, and University manually. Re-downloading the UC for now.
Mad Poster
#660 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:47 PM
Well, I just got home from a barbecue and decided I'd try contacting someone again, but the EA page I had open ready to go contact them crashed and when I tried the web link to my Origin account, I got this:

We're experiencing technical difficulties and the page you requested is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

And now I'm seeing "EA login services experiencing issues" at the top of all the pages.
So I guess what I'm wondering is, did you all break the site trying to get the UC while I was out!?

ETA: Contact link for chat says "Live Chat
Sorry, there are no advisors available at this time."
XD
Alchemist
#661 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:49 PM
I think I have Double Deluxe installed in one of my Origin accounts, but if not: will I still be able to register Double Deluxe after 22nd July and still get the whole collection? Will I get all stuff packs?

This feels like some kind of wipe out move from The Sims 4
Field Researcher
#662 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Well, I just got home from a barbecue and decided I'd try contacting someone again, but the EA page I had open ready to go contact them crashed and when I tried the web link to my Origin account, I got this:

We're experiencing technical difficulties and the page you requested is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

And now I'm seeing "EA login services experiencing issues" at the top of all the pages.
So I guess what I'm wondering is, did you all break the site trying to get the UC while I was out!?

Very likely, I was having trouble loging in and just got lucky that I could just after I was given my code for UC.
Instructor
#663 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM
Just to add though, I'm happy to see that a lot of people who didn't have everything or had just a few games are getting the whole collection now. :3
Instructor
#664 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:21 PM
I don't know why, but this Ultimate Collection makes Sims 2 feel magical for me again. Even though I already had nearly all the EP's and SP' s before.

One thing I've noticed is that the first loading screen is a lot faster for me than before. It used to take about 10 minutes with the disk versions of the game, and now it only takes less than 5 minutes. Strange...
Test Subject
#665 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:22 PM
My game has finally downloaded after going to work and coming home!

However I seem to be having an issue. My laptop has all the system specs to run Sims 2, and I'm running Windows 8. When I open the game up, it freezes on the loading screen, and I can't exit it. I have to restart my laptop. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#666 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
I have it! You definitely don't need the basegame, Deluxe, or Double Deluxe - I got it with just Best of Business Collection.

I waited about an hour, but it didn't take long after I got there. Prashant was very helpful.

US, btw, and Live Chat. Only one try.

I gave him my identifying info, a code for a random EP (Nightlife), he came back a few minutes later and gave me a UC code.
Lab Assistant
#667 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuinnBear
My game has finally downloaded after going to work and coming home!

However I seem to be having an issue. My laptop has all the system specs to run Sims 2, and I'm running Windows 8. When I open the game up, it freezes on the loading screen, and I can't exit it. I have to restart my laptop. :/

Same, I'm on WIndows 8.1 :/
Forum Resident
#668 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:25 PM
Not 1, but 2 customer support advisors called me. The one I had said that even though the double deluxe wasn't showing up on my end, it is registered and I am eligible for UC. He said I'd get UC when it releases on the 22nd. Shame I didn't get a coupon but at least I will get the UC, that's even better!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Instructor
#669 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I think I have Double Deluxe installed in one of my Origin accounts, but if not: will I still be able to register Double Deluxe after 22nd July and still get the whole collection? Will I get all stuff packs?

This feels like some kind of wipe out move from The Sims 4

I may be wrong, but I think you can only get the collection for free if you have one of your games registered by July 22nd. After July 22nd the collection will only be available to buy. At least that's what my adviser told me, but none of them seem to be on the same page about this.
Test Subject
#670 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
I don't know why, but this Ultimate Collection makes Sims 2 feel magical for me again. Even though I already had nearly all the EP's and SP' s before.

One thing I've noticed is that the first loading screen is a lot faster for me than before. It used to take about 10 minutes with the disk versions of the game, and now it only takes less than 5 minutes. Strange...

My game has loaded WAY quicker too even with most of my CC added in too. I'm very happy so far!

~Sim addict since 2001.
Lab Assistant
#671 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nkotbsbfan78
Ah. This how my came out.

I don't have nothing else. Should I uninstall the Sims game that's on my computer or should it stay there.

When you get UC in your library, uninstall your current TS2 game before DL'ing. For now, leave it. Also, if you don't get the demo soon, contact Customer Support and tell them that you didn't get it. They'll ask for your code, so give it to them when they ask for it. Then they'll give UC to you.

The Sims Forever
Instructor
#672 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lex9
Could be my imagination, but could the game use now more than 1 CPU core? that would be awesome!

Oh thank you for reminding me! I forgot to apply Large Address Aware to the .exe so it will use more than just 2 CPU cores. The weird thing is that the older version of the game loaded slower with multiple cores, so I might actually pass.
Field Researcher
#673 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:32 PM
Thought I'd pop back and add a hint, in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing:

The reason why I wasn't getting connected was because the EA chat box wasn't working with Firefox. It had a 'Please wait' message as it was trying to connect me, except it never did.

I tried using Internet Explorer as a last-ditch attempt and - immediately - it came up with the timer that Ketsu_sama mentioned earlier (thank you, Ketsu_sama!). I still had to wait a good few hours, but I finally got through and a very helpful rep gave me a code for the collection. I now have the whole game - my OCD can finally rest and stop worrying about not ever getting those last two stuff packs! Hooray!

So, yes, if you don't get the timer and it seems as though chat isn't getting anywhere, try Internet Explorer and look for the timer (big companies still love IE more than other browers, eh?).

Good luck, everyone! :D
Theorist
#674 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
Thats not true you will get if you register the either way ven if it isnt bought digitally mines was a disc and i still got the UC but i did have to contact EA to get it but

I have nothing downloaded from Origin and got it. They asked for my base game code and the answer to my security question. I have UI folders just not downloaded til I get more windows 8.1 info.

So sorry, some how I replied to the wrong thread.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#675 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2_Store_Edition

well thanks, but yeah I've already read that... it doesn't seem very clear to me... the article says it's a client that allowed you to purchase things from the store, but then goes on to refer to it as if it's a version of the base game...
Page 27 of 41