Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 41 (Who?), Viewed: 21021 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 11:00 AM
Default [moved] I successfully Bodyshopped existing sim.
I successfully copied out existing sims to bodyshop.

As I previous posted, I have succeeded in replacing existing sims character file with other (new or exsisting) sims charater file to change sim's face and name.
If your intension is just changing existing sim's face while preserving house, career, skill and friends/family relationship of exsisting sim, that was enough.

But I could not convert existing sim character file to "pre-made" sim package file which can be uploaded or be edited in Bodyshop, until now.

Now I can do that. At least, hardest part is solved.

This is how I did it:

1. Run SimPE. Open character file of sim you try to copy out
in "...\Neighborhoods\N00X\Characters" folder.

2. Extract "Data File" (type=0xCCCEF852) to file. Quit SimPE 3. Run Bodyshop. Create a new sim with same sex and age group with exsisting sim.

4. Adjust skintone, eyecolor, hair style (all genetic except face features) to look similar to existing sim. Optioanlly, Adjust make-ups and colothings so that it looks like existing sim. No need to adjust face features.
Save the sim. Quit Body shop.

5. Run simPE. Open newly created pre-made sim package file in "...\SavedSims".

6. Replace "Data file" of new sim with "Data File" extracted from the existing sim. Save package file. Quit SimPE.

7. Run Bodyshop. You can see modified "pre-made" sim.
Adjust make-up to let new sim look same as existing sim. Save it.

Now you have "pre-made" sim which looks same as exsiting sim that was created in in-game "CAS" or baby born in game.

Point is that importing "Data File" from character file of existing sims which strores face feature of the sim.
Now, we can copy face feature of exsisting sim. This was hardest part.
It is easy job to let sim have same skin tone, hair-style, eye color, make up and clothings.

Now, make modification to your new sim in Bodyshop. Save it.

Then replace exsiting sim's face with newly modified sim
as I explained in previous posting at "Charter modification with SimPE" thread.

[ Edited ]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 11:04 AM
wow, good work zx1111. I'm sure this will come in handy. Maybe somebody will be able to make the process a bit easier eventually.. Keep up the good work.

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#3 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 11:10 AM
Great work zx1111! I have wanted to do this for a while now, as i created numerous genetic freaks with bodyshop using the "clone/faceputty" trick, then further bred those with others i made in-game with "make a child" using faceblendlimits off. i have some...interesting things i had wanted to be able to export...Now i can! Thank you loads!

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 2:30 PM
What's the clone/faceputty trick?
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 4:24 PM
How do you change a sims name? I have a daughter who I missed named her name and I was kinda pissed and I wanna fix it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2004 at 6:10 PM
Just first name? It's simple.

1. Open Neighborhoos file with SimPE. (....\Neighborhoods\N00X\N00X_Neighborhood.package)

2. Browse "Sim Description". In Plugin View, find sim whose name you wish to edit. Then it will show file name of the sim charter file.
( like ....\Neighborhoods\N00X\Characters\N00X_User00183)

3. Open the character file with SimPE. Browse "Catalog Description"

4. You will see one or two instnce of sim's original name.
Replace them with new name. ( esp one with languageID = 1 )

5. Comit change and *Save* file (in Menu).

That's all folks...
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 1:03 AM
The only things I see in the "Saved Sims" folder is assorted skin parts I've made. Is it another folder?
[ Edited Thu Oct 21 2004, 04:04PM ]

Hekima's Sim Stuff. Updates so infreqently that I'm still working on a better layout. :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 5:43 AM
Is there any way of changing the clothes I have two teen sims that the family adopted went there were little and now there clothes suck I want to change them
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 6:03 AM
Hey is this a good way to change skins on single sims?
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 6:08 AM
If you just want to change clothes, all you have to do is go to a community lot, buy some more or different ones, and then select your Sims drawer at their house to change into the new outfits.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 10:27 PM
Thanks I will give it a try
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 11:43 PM
is there any way you can export an existing sim to be cloned in body shop? so, you could then package it to a website by itself?

NVM! I'm a douche!
[ Edited Fri Oct 22 2004, 03:14PM ]

[COLOR=Red]ファック ブッシュ![/COLOR]
Instructor
#13 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 3:40 AM
poodle, that is exactly what zx1111 explained above ;-)

I'm doing that right now with various Sims, and it works like a charm!
Instructor
#14 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 4:04 AM
I've just "resurrected" a ghost. *laughs*

Since the genetics of deceased (and not deleted, so they need to be spookin around somewhere!) Sims are still in their file I felt like importing the long dead Michael Bachelor into BS .... hehehe .... very nice!

So do not fear, you can now make a perfect hardcopy of all of your Sims, dead or alive :P
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 6:57 AM
ok with this, lets say i have a sim i made. I want to export them so i can clone them in bodyshop. This is wat i need to do right???(the above steps)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 8:35 AM
Yes that is right MURDoc.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 7:37 PM
Can I use this method to change the hairstyle of an in game sim without having to re-create the sim from scratch? BTW I have looked for the previous mentioned post and can't find it.
Can anybody point me to that original post?

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Oct 2004 at 12:15 PM
kamyk why don't you just use a Mirror to change the
hairstyle ?!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Oct 2004 at 8:05 AM
I haven't played much yet, and didn't know about the mirrors. Another computer user formatted drive C: shortly after I installed the SIMS2, and wiped out everything, so I had to restart from scratch. It really kinda sucked because I am doing name brand clothing for teen males, and all my art got wiped too. (I might upload some of it sometime if anybody cares... Jnco, Fubu, Ecko, Starter, etc.)

I solved the hair problem using the bodyshop method, but thanks for the tip anyway. At least someone was courteous enough to respond.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 5:06 AM
does this mean that you could "put a new face" on a sim already in your game? for instance, if you really wanted identical twins, could you extract the data from one, and put it on another?

Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 5:52 AM
I'm going to reply to my own post:

YES. it is possible to copy this data file from sim to sim, to create perfect identical twins.....with an interesting difference:

This data seems to only cover facial mesh. If you were to take the data file from sim a (pale, green eyes) and copy it over to another sim (dark, blue eyes) the facial mesh would go, but the skin and eyes would remain. VERY COOL
[ Edited Sun Oct 31 2004, 08:53PM ]

#22 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 6:30 PM
Can I change the hairstyle of an already created sim?
By hairstyle I mean color and length.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 6:14 AM
Umm.... this is totally not working for me, and I have no idea why.

I'm going to attach the .package file for my character as a .zip... could someone then make a .Sims2Skin/Sims2Pack/whatever the Boy Shop files are called for me and attach it?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

[file=e107_files/public/22089_character.zip]22089_character.zip[/file]
[ Edited Fri Nov 05 2004, 09:23PM ]
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 8:27 AM
Um. Did a bunch of posts disappear?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 1:38 PM
wow, i was just saying how it sucked that CAS didn't have a "package sim" option...but this is great. i'm sure it's not that tedious. thanks.

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Page 1 of 2