Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:07 PM
You have an odd definition of fun.

It's a pity that the game is easily corruptable and that the game was released with "features" that, if used will corrupt your neighborhoods. Like deleting families from the Sim bin or deleting tombstones. The thing is that corruption is something the symptoms of which often don't show until a neighborhood is fairly old. I doubt that the devs ever play-tested the game in any long-term way, so they had no way of discovering these things. It was users who found these things out. The hard way, when neighborhoods they were playing for years slowly became unplayable. On the plus side, the rest of us benefit from what they learned and the resources are (now) out there to learn from. It's kind of a shame that the UC doesn't come with a warning and a link to the Sims Wiki page about game/neighborhood corruption.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:09 AM
No matter how disappointing that is, it certainly sounds like EA. They give the game out to thousands of Origin users and expect them all to know how to deal with the corruptions, bugs, and glitches themselves. No help or tips whatsoever. Luckily we still have MTS where plenty of people are always willing to help.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:21 AM Last edited by gazania : 27th Jul 2014 at 1:14 AM.
Well, I think that one reason we're helpful is that when many of us started here, people helped us. It seems to me to be a crappy thing to do If I decide, "Nah. Let the newbies find corruption causes/helpful and useful mods/great CC from good sites themselves"; particularly the first two, which sometimes, if you don't know about them, can really hurt your game. So many people helped me here ... and continue to help. Pay it forward, perhaps?

I'm probably not the most helpful, but I do what I can, and I think many here feel the same about their efforts. And in my case, I've made so many of the mistakes that I do indeed write from experience. In short, "What I did? Don't do that!"

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:44 AM
Agreed gazania, I was given major help in doing a hood rebuild/given a cheat file/had files organized by a simmer a few years back and then again last year with the Super Hug. I would have been majorly pickled on my ownsome. I like to try and pay that forward.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
32767 Sims is the absolute maximum provided...

This would be cool if i can play a neighborhood with 30,000+ of sims in my nhood...urrr...even 1,500+ in my nhood. i have 717 sims today and often crashed...gosh i hate that pop-up "the application has crashed. the application will now terminate" with a cute windows sound.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:39 AM
For some of us, who don't have the time or desire to learn to make cc, repeating advise we've learned from those more knowledgeable is the best way to pay back the community in general.

In my new megahood, there are 743 character files. Not all of those are playables, of course.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 2 of 2