Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:48 AM
Do you all notice what a contrast the feeling is in this group, compared to our previous & customary hangouts, in these times?

"And the greatest of these is love."

EDIT: and I also want to welcome & embrace VerDeTerre. Verde's the new girl but she seems quick on the uptake.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 4:17 AM
It's because we're all (?) girls. And over the internet, we get along great. It's in person when personalities clash. I was told today I'm a little too much to take at times. All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:09 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 19th Aug 2014 at 5:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nymp
It's because we're all (?) girls.

Well hey, that question mark makes an interesting point. We might have the largest proportion of Undisclosed, photo-shy people of any group on MTS.

Well, let's see. You had a baby, so you win. Effie in her new dress... well, if she wasn't a girl right from the start, then my effusive compliments to her endocrinologist!

I guess that might be it, as to provable girls. But conversely, even Fenton could be.

Well, Nymp, you know that I was already aspiring to be part of your posse before. Here is part of the reason: at a crucial stage of my life, I was such a nerdy little thing that I did very few slumber parties. Accordingly, there are certain mysteries into which never got properly inducted. What I am trying to say, I guess, is that having a 46XX body isn't enough to guarantee that someone can just naturally Get Their Girl On. I need role models.

All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P

I am so going to PM you.
#29 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Ms. Rigby, would you happen to be anywhere near the US Midwest? It is looking like we'll need someone to go initialize Blake. And if she has been inflating the membership, her initiation might need to be sort of vigorous.

Nope :P

And it's nice to see this group made Fenton's day
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:26 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 19th Aug 2014 at 7:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Nope :P

Well, I was mistaken anyway. Blake is the alpha girl and does not get initiated -- unless you count me kissing her feet and petting her ankles with affectionate gratitude.
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
And it's nice to see this group made Fenton's day

Oh it is, it really is.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:44 PM
Do you all notice what a contrast the feeling is in this group, compared to our previous & customary hangouts, in these times?

"And the greatest of these is love."

EDIT: and I also want to welcome & embrace VerDeTerre. Verde's the new girl but she seems quick on the uptake.
Awww! Thanks so much! I'm really happy to be a part of this group, even if I'm not overly sure exactly what it is, but it's fun! So, thanks, Blake, for the invite!

Nymphy - you aren't alone in the Northeast. I'm a New Englander.

What is the first order of business? I only became acquainted with his Fentonness via the Vent thread. I checked out a couple of his latest posts and you ladies are absolutely spot-on: he's fab! But I need to know more. Maybe Fenton could join us for tea and share more about his approach to life?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#32 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
It's because we're all (?) girls. And over the internet, we get along great. It's in person when personalities clash. I was told today I'm a little too much to take at times. All I said was we should get loaded and go take nude pics in the cemetery. Was that so wrong? :P
Only if you don't share them.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Awww! Thanks so much! I'm really happy to be a part of this group, even if I'm not overly sure exactly what it is, but it's fun! So, thanks, Blake, for the invite!

Nymphy - you aren't alone in the Northeast. I'm a New Englander.

What is the first order of business? I only became acquainted with his Fentonness via the Vent thread. I checked out a couple of his latest posts and you ladies are absolutely spot-on: he's fab! But I need to know more. Maybe Fenton could join us for tea and share more about his approach to life?
I will answer what I can.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 19th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM.
Cool! You showed! I don't mean to put you on the spot. My guess is that your awesomeness is best seen in an organic way - so how about tea and a chat?

I made some lovely virtual crumpets....I don't even really know what crumpets are. I rarely every cook much these days, but it's fun to pretend I do, so ...hey, here you go! Is this a good time to talk? I need to run out, but can check back (you can pretend I'm picking up more crumpets). Who's here and how is everyone this evening? (This begins to feel like my dinner with Andre).

*Where did everyone go?

*Hums to self and starts to nibble on crumpets*

Scholar
#34 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM
Mmm.... VerDeTerre! These crumpets are delish! Oh, and don't get me started on how faboo this tea is.

*slurps tea and starts talking with a mouth full of crumpet*

So, Fenton. How are you? Tell us how your day went today.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:02 PM
Crumpets are in the same family as English muffins, but spongier, and are likewise good with butter & jam.

As well, I've brought some scones, with currants in. These are crumblier than crumpets, but also suitable for washing down with hot tea.
Scholar
#36 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:13 PM
Crumpets are in the same family as English muffins, but spongier, and are likewise good with butter & jam.

As well, I've brought some scones, with currants in. These are crumblier than crumpets, but also suitable for washing down with hot tea.

Wait, really? (I just looked it up on Google images.) I was always under the impression that crumpets were scones, or something like scones. English muffins are okay, I guess, but nowhere near the perfection and glory that a scone can achieve. My whole life has been a lie. (Not that I have ever had crumpets. I'm American, after all. We don't do things like that here.) Still, I'm simply floored.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#37 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
English muffins are okay, I guess...

I respectfully disagree. I get tingly just thinking about English muffins all gold and toasty, slathered in butter and bitter marmalade. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 12:04 AM
Good then. A crumpet for Tsyo and a scone for Effie, and I'll keep the tea coming.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:09 AM
Oh, scones! I'll go for those. Glad y'all are enjoying the crumpets (and glad that we've straightened out what they are). Do you guys mind if I add a little something stronger to the tea? Not in a tea mood right now.

*Ah - better!* Now where were we or, more importantly, where did Fenton get off to? Fenton? *Checks the cupboard* Fenton? *Checks under the seat* Fenton!!!! Come out and visit with us!

Are you good? Would you like crumpets or scones? Butter or jam? Tea or sympathy?

I'd like sympathy, but I think I got a lot from my sister tonight.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:46 AM
Well, Verde, you are certainly welcome to hang out in a place where nobody's yelling at one another, and see if it helps settle you.

If I understand the time zones right, it is about 12:30 p.m. in Pounawea where Fenton is, so he's likely at work. By the end of the school day where he is, once he's checked in, Nymp and a few others might be nodding off. But he might overcome the Tyranny of Geography by posting something that you can read when it's sunrise in the Maritimes.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 2:03 AM
I had to look that up, "Pounawea". New Zealand? Cool! Land of the sheep, green hills, and hobbits! Does that, in part, explain his ultra coolness? We'll just have to wait his preciousnessssss.

Call me Ver for short. That would mean "worm". Ver de means "worm of". Terre means "earth" and all together it means "earthworm". So, yeah...that's me...earthworm. Or you could call me Anna. Or Snodgrass. Call me what you like. Verde is fine, too. :p

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:01 AM
"Ver" it is! I said "Verde" for "green", but you doubtless already knew that your name is full of meanings.

STORY TIME: Fenton's ability to hit the sweet spot with his teasing is perfectly illustrated by the fact that he gets away with calling me "Noubie." I will accept it only from him, or from a harem-girl of indisputable loyalty to him. Thereby, he has turned the very act of mentioning me into a magic spell that gives me That Feeling :lovestruc at any time of his choosing. Of course I do not resist this effect, because it is good and right.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:11 AM
Pft. Nodding off. I was born to not sleep. I just end up doing other things. Like stalking Ramsay on YouTube or learning about Australopithecus. Or making food. Fried chicken and rosemary potatoes, anyone? Noubie gets to see all my cooking on creepbook! I've been calling you Noubie out of affection. I hope that's alright

Hm. First chat. First chat. I think I may have messaged Mr.Fenton regarding an odd question, but I honestly can't remember. Either way, I'm glad I offhand messaged him. It's been, in general, a great way to kill time.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:32 AM
I spent a summer reading about Australopithecus. The book was "Children of the Ice Age" and was dense, even though it was supposedly written for the general public. I borrowed it from the library for the full six weeks (renewing the two-week lending period 3x), put it on the shelf for a day or a half a day and took it out again. After 18 weeks, I finished it. It was really interesting but I bet you anything that the ideas in it have all been supplanted now.

R_deNoube - I thought your name did stand for "Noubie"...?

Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:54 AM
I'm a nerd. Times 1000. I'll stay up all night reading just about anything. Tonight its a mix of playing Skyrim and reading about mummification.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:49 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 20th Aug 2014 at 7:15 AM. Reason: Update, and illustration.
As I have no big sister of my own (confession: the character of Janet is wish-fulfillment on my part), I am grateful to have Nymp in my life, and I want to show her that I do value her guidance. Accordingly, I've gone and checked out the local cemetery.

Unfortunately it is a fairly new cemetery, so that -- at least in the parts most easily reached from the road -- the plot markers are merely plaques set into the ground. So, a photo taken there might not really show that the location is a graveyard. Then, too, if the photos are taken in a hurry, in poor light, by intoxicated people, they might come out badly enough to trigger the "No pics: Didn't happen" rule even though there are, in some technical but useless sense, pics. I will keep thinking about a way to do this properly.

EDIT: Janet, sore about my suggesting she wasn't real, took the initiative to scope out the cemetery in Sunset Valley for the naked-photo project. It's 2 in the morning Sim time and for some reason the Clavells are up there when she arrives and strips. Being Friendly, Janet goes to chat up Buster, while Bessie goes home (taking their car). Now, do you see this negative relationship sign? Buster thinks Janet is being boring. Someone has not been taking his hormone replacement therapy, I'd say.
Screenshots
Scholar
#47 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
So, Fenton. How are you? Tell us how your day went today.
It was full-on, the place I work at got flooded from a deluge of rain, there was a prang on the main road nearby and the floodwaters brought down some power poles further down the road. So yeah, I spent most of the day wading around calf-deep in muddy water.

Quote: Originally posted by effie
Wait, really? (I just looked it up on Google images.) I was always under the impression that crumpets were scones, or something like scones. English muffins are okay, I guess, but nowhere near the perfection and glory that a scone can achieve. My whole life has been a lie. (Not that I have ever had crumpets. I'm American, after all. We don't do things like that here.) Still, I'm simply floored.
You're missing out, there's nothing like a good bit of crumpet.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDe Terre
I had to look that up, "Pounawea". New Zealand? Cool! Land of the sheep, green hills, and hobbits! Does that, in part, explain his ultra coolness? [No, it only explains how my computer's powered - we keep hobbits and uruk-hai on treadmills hooked up to generators in our basements. Hydro-electric power only goes so far in this country. -F] We'll just have to wait his preciousnessssss.

Call me Ver for short. That would mean "worm". Ver de means "worm of". Terre means "earth" and all together it means "earthworm". So, yeah...that's me...earthworm. Or you could call me Anna. Or Snodgrass. Call me what you like. Verde is fine, too. :p
Well, if I can call you Betty, then Betty when you call me, you can call me Al.

Hm. First chat. First chat. I think I may have messaged Mr.Fenton regarding an odd question, but I honestly can't remember. Either way, I'm glad I offhand messaged him. It's been, in general, a great way to kill time.
It was some remark I made about what scares off personal trainers like Jillian Michaels that you found amusing, and later, the question was about CAW.

Quote: Originally posted by Noubie
STORY TIME: Fenton's ability to hit the sweet spot with his teasing is perfectly illustrated by the fact that he gets away with calling me "Noubie." I will accept it only from him, or from a harem-girl of indisputable loyalty to him. Thereby, he has turned the very act of mentioning me into a magic spell that gives me That Feeling at any time of his choosing. Of course I do not resist this effect, because it is good and right.
Hi Noubie.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:40 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 20th Aug 2014 at 7:52 AM.
Oh my goodness! That was tough. You lost me on "prang", though... is that a kind of car-smash?
Quote: Originally posted by Fenton
Hi Noubie.
I clicked "helpful" for that, because (1) it is helpful to me, and (2) I had already done "funny" and of course "Love".

I hope you rest & recombobulate well. Summarizing the recent posts, you see there's a few nice bits of crumpet here who are either floored, or wouldn't mind being. We hope we have given you some nice things to think about, this day. :lovestruc
Scholar
#49 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NoubIe
Oh my goodness! That was tough. You lost me on "prang", though... is that a kind of car-smash? [Yes, a minor one - I think 'fender-bender' is the US expression? -F]
I clicked "helpful" for that, because (1) it is helpful to me, and (2) I had already done "funny" and of course "Love".

I hope you rest & recombobulate well. Summarizing the recent posts, you see there's a few nice bits of crumpet here who are either floored, or wouldn't mind being. We hope we have given you some nice things to think about, this day. :lovestruc
More than a few.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:45 AM
Buster thinks Janet is being boring.
Ha ha! That's classic!

Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
[No, it only explains how my computer's powered - we keep hobbits and uruk-hai on treadmills hooked up to generators in our basements. Hydro-electric power only goes so far in this country. -F]
No labor laws?

Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Well, if I can call you Betty, then Betty when you call me, you can call me Al.
I guess, sure! But I think I'm missing a reference somewhere.... I think I'd rather not be called Betty, bad associations.

Fenton...Al...? Not sure which one feels right, right now. I'm so glad you came back to the thread! My, you are charming! No wonder you have a fan club.

Fenton/Al, you are know for your "coolness", your ability to remain calm and clear-headed in the midst of emotional Sim-inspired insanity. Where does this calm come from? What inspires you?

Page 2 of 26