Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
No labor laws?
Only that the hobbits get breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, brunch, afternoon tea and supper, while the uruk-hai get something better than maggoty bread for three stinkin' days.

I guess, sure! But I think I'm missing a reference somewhere.... I think I'd rather not be called Betty, bad associations.
That's too bad, the song's decent if you like 80s music.

Fenton/Al, you are know for your "coolness", your ability to remain calm and clear-headed in the midst of emotional Sim-inspired insanity. Where does this calm come from? What inspires you?
I don't know really, self-discipline? Kiwis are generally good at keeping their cool, unless they've been on the turps.

As for inspiration, that's nothing more than a desire to interact with clever and interesting people.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:39 PM
Uh .. Mr.Fenton? I'm pretty sure you promised me all kinds of food. Jillian Michaels would eat me alive right now. And I don't think she'd get that many calories from me. I've only gained 2 lbs. So .. food? Pretty sure crumpets/scones just aren't going to do it. I think you promised me everything minus purified whale. Because, no.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Only that the hobbits get breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, brunch, afternoon tea and supper, while the uruk-hai get something better than maggoty bread for three stinkin' days. Sounds fair and rather decent!

That's too bad, the song's decent if you like 80s music.
Oh, I remember not only the song, but this video. It's so amazing that Paul Simon is that short or is it just that Chevy Chase is significantly taller than I thought? I guess I never listened too carefully to the words.

I don't know really, self-discipline? Kiwis are generally good at keeping their cool, unless they've been on the turps. Turps? I love your language even if I don't understand it. I'll bet you have one of those sexy accents, too.

As for inspiration, that's nothing more than a desire to interact with clever and interesting people. Awwww! You mean us, right?

I need to learn how to let things roll off my back. I wonder if it's possible to support people without taking up their battles?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 6:48 PM
I need to learn how to let things roll off my back. I wonder if it's possible to support people without taking up their battles?

My ma to a tee. I try my very best to be supportive of her and her inability to cope with real life. However, once I realized that she was the adult, and I'm her child, I stopped helping as much. Especially when all the help came in the form of money. She doesn't quite grasp that I have a child now, and my money is Eve's.

Basically had to distance myself from the battles she had, and support her in a mental health kind of way instead. :P
Scholar
#55 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymp
Uh .. Mr.Fenton? I'm pretty sure you promised me all kinds of food. Jillian Michaels would eat me alive right now. And I don't think she'd get that many calories from me. I've only gained 2 lbs. So .. food? Pretty sure crumpets/scones just aren't going to do it. I think you promised me everything minus purified whale. Because, no.
Hmm, well, we could start with these burgers that this local place Joe's Diner does. They're so good that whenever you unwrap one, the closest radio starts playing heavy metal.

We can go from there. :D

Mad Poster
#56 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:00 PM
Do they serve veggie burgers, too????? *She says hopefully*

Scholar
#57 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM
Do they serve veggie burgers, too????? *She says hopefully*

I second this. I'm a vegetarian as well. I hear Red Robin has veggie burgers though! I don't know if they're any good though...

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
I can make something vegetarian for Ver & Blake & any others, especially if you're the lacto-ovo kind. I believe Nymp is pretty omnivorous when she does eat. Lately I have been on kind of a fish kick with her encouragement.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:27 PM
Thanks, d_Noube! I'm actually a pescatarian, so anything including fish, egg, or dairy is ok, just no earthy dwelling types of animal meat. Although, I keep trying to argue that alligators are fish, but no one is buying it. (They're delicious, btw.)

Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I second this. I'm a vegetarian as well. I hear Red Robin has veggie burgers though! I don't know if they're any good though...
We don't have any Red Robins in my area, although I've seen ads for them. That's great! They also have veggie burgers at either MacDonalds or Burger King but they are awful.

Scholar
#60 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:52 PM
Thank you for asking Ronnie. Most people don't recognize ovo and/or lacto vegetarians. I, personally am a lacto-vegetarian (I think I said that right?.) Meaning I don't eat meat or dairy. I only eat eggs because I find the process of getting them to be much more civil and humane than meat (specifically cow and pigs) and dairy. I have to get protein in my diet somehow too! Amirite? I also try to eat all organic as well, but there's so many exceptions to that it would be a lie if I said I only ate organic.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:20 AM
...alligators...

So if anyone's stalking, here's what I've pencilled in so far:

Ver -- Alligator Alley, FL (if I'm wrong & it's really LA, then congratulations! You're eating well at least.)
Ronnie -- Sunset Valley, BC (or somewhere in Cascadia anyway)
Effie -- Awful-Darn-Pretty, VA
Blake -- Coelacanth Falls, MI
Nymp -- Haddock Upon Fundy, NB
Tsyo -- I picture her in one of those mountain or prairie places Gen. Custer wishes he'd just left alone.
Fenton -- Pounawea (*)

(*) Now the thing of it is, I started calling his home "Pounawea" because of the TS3 world with that name. Once I'd already started that, only then did I realize that there is actually a place in New Zealand with that name for real. However, it is on the South Island and if I understand properly, the Sim Pounawea is tropical, so I don't know how well that fits. Truthfully, I have never been. I might have to go and check it out in person before I can get it straight. Time zones really confuse me.
Scholar
#62 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
So if anyone's stalking, here's what I've pencilled in so far:

Ver -- Alligator Alley, FL (if I'm wrong & it's really LA, then congratulations! You're eating well at least.)
Ronnie -- Sunset Valley, BC (or somewhere in Cascadia anyway)
Effie -- Awful-Darn-Pretty, VA
Blake -- Coelacanth Falls, MI
Nymp -- Haddock Upon Fundy, NB
Tsyo -- I picture her in one of those mountain or prairie places Gen. Custer wishes he'd just left alone.
Fenton -- Pounawea (*)

Oh, dear. I hope this isn't the coelacanth you're reffering to. Is it?

That is pretty freaking terrifying.

ETA: Oh, I just noticed you changed the title of the thread, Noubie. Thanks, that's much more endearing.

Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:23 AM
HAHA Haddock Upon Fundy! That's awesome! I'm going to start saying that! So basically, there's two Canadian's, three American's, one that could be either or, or neither, and one from New Zealand. You DO like making lists, don't you Noubie

Keep eating that fish. Everyone. Or take a double duty dose of omega 3-6-9. Anyone on my creepbook knows why I push it so hard haha
Mad Poster
#64 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:06 AM
Ha ha! Love the list, but I need a rename for my city. I live in New England. I've tried alligator when I visited New Orleans and ate meat. So good! But then, there is so much that is so good about New Orleans.

Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 4:28 AM Last edited by Nymphetamine : 22nd Aug 2014 at 6:41 AM.
My Skyrim obsession is slowly pushing the Sims into the corner. I'm about to ask HP to nuke all my uploads haha. Mr.Ninja knows my pain. At least he listens to me rant about it, AND give me helpful hints. Stupid Skyrim.

Edit: See?! It's 2:40 am. I know Eve gets up at 7 am, and here we are. Just turned off Skyrim, and am now hopping All over MTS. Ugh. :P
Scholar
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:18 AM
Yeah, I got the legendary edition today. Looking forward to seeing what the expansions offer, I've only played with the basegame until now.

Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:27 PM
Ahh!! I so wish we could play with other users. Seriously. We'd own Skyrim. Jarls would bow to us and dragons .. oh, wait. You did know you can ride a dragon in the expansion, right?
Scholar
#68 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:08 PM
Yes, though it turns out that playing the game is going to have to wait until I can make Steam download its 150mb patch, which it is currently refusing to do. I swear, I have never had to jump through so many hoops to make games work since they started asking for online verification and accounts to link them to.

Mad Poster
#69 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:43 AM
Oh, thanks for the heads up about Steam. My son and I typically play a game together over the weekend, so I'd rather get that out of the way now.

Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Yes, though it turns out that playing the game is going to have to wait until I can make Steam download its 150mb patch, which it is currently refusing to do. I swear, I have never had to jump through so many hoops to make games work since they started asking for online verification and accounts to link them to.

That sucks. I hate that I'm forced to patch things. Just let me play. I'm still managing to get around Steam thank goodness. So far, no issues.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:03 AM
Oh,that patch must be for Skyrim? Because I pulled up my game (Age of Empires) instantly without a patch? Or is it possible that I've already patched if the patch was for Steam itself?

Nymphy, there is a setting somewhere to turn off game patches. I don't know if that's a good idea for your game or not. It turned out to be a good idea for Age of Empires and I wish I had done it before they messed so much with the AI.

Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:30 AM
Eh. I just don't use it if I don't need to, Same with Origin. If I can do without, I will. An that' why. A lot of the time the patches mess things up. After all the horror with the sims, no thank you But thanks, I will try to find out where that option is located. If I can turn off automatic updating, that would entice me to possibly use it. I want to buy games for 1.99$ too!
Mad Poster
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
I can never remember how to do anything. I'll ask my son when we play.

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 2:56 AM
Haha I just posted a pic of Eve in the "What Made Your Day Today" forum. God I love my baby. She steals my xbox controller and makes my characters run in circles. It's adorable. She's awesome. Fenton should make a habit of kissing all the babies he sees. He is a celebrity after all.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:04 AM
She's a beauty, Nymphy! You'll have to be careful leaving the room with the game running

Page 3 of 26