Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:07 AM
So I just discovered this and I posted it in the "What did you learn while playing" thread but thought I should post it here too since this is the Tips and Tricks thread!

If you want to give a sim in your household an item that is in the inventory of another sim in your household you can give it directly to them! You don't have to place it in the world, switch characters, and then put it in your inventory! I don't know if it's always been like this and I just never noticed the highlights before or if this came with the patch maybe, but this is fantastic news as my guy fishes and my girl (not the one pictured though) gardens and she needs his fish for fertilizer and I've been putting them in the fridge and then switching to her and taking them back out.

In the first picture you can see the emotion potion in his inventory and the highlight around the girl, you can drag it onto the person and let go and then in the second picture you can see it's in her inventory. You can also drop it into the fridge and sink this way. In the 3rd and 4th I did the same thing except instead of dropping the potion on to the sim, I dropped it onto their picture in the lower left side.

I haven't tried to do this with anyone outside of the home yet though so I'm not sure if you're able to drag it and drop it onto the person that's not a part of the household. Will try it out and update.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:37 AM
You can select up to seven different memory categories in your picture album:
Angry, Embarrassing, Inspiring, Confident, Romantic, Sad, and Happy.
Scholar
#78 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:14 PM
If you want to replace a house on a lot with a different house you have in the library, make sure to move the family to the family bin first. Otherwise you might end up with all objects from the original in the family inventory and that is a pain to sort through or even just sell if it is a lot (no sell all in family inventory ).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#79 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:13 AM
If your sim is out collecting plants, for example, you can click on the house icon, open the fridge and take out some food and put it in the sim's inventory. She will then be able to eat it while still out collecting.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#80 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 6:57 PM
Potions (science table, aspiration and top grade mixology ones) can be stored in the fridge and don't have to be kept in the inventory.

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Page 4 of 4