Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 4:32 PM
Im going to be doing this challenge I hope it goes well
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:59 PM
Can we buy the tents and campfires from outdoor retreat? I used to use the sleeping bag and the outdoor portable fire pits in the sims 3 challenge.
Inventor
#28 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 7:19 PM
I'm doing this with a faun Sim, so his background is that he used to live in the woods and now he's trying to assimilate into human society. :3
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 12:03 AM Last edited by ethyrdude : 11th Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM. Reason: Additional info
Doing this again for the third time, this time using the cheap, no cabin lot in Granite Falls. I did buy a tent to sleep in and place on the vacation lot but that was all before doing the money cheat to take funds down to 20. I made money by selling fish, plants and items I found in the woods. Although I finally made 500 for the building permit, I am still using the tent to sleep in and made an outhouse for my toilet and shower. I need to create one of those doors with a moon in it tho.

I am using the outdoor sink for anything that requires one. I brought with me plants I gathered up from collecting and have now started my own garden with them. It will take a long time to make the 5000 to win this challenge but there is no rush as I can gather enough reward points to use the young again potion at least a few times. I am doing the Outdoor enthusiast challenge at the same time and the only trait I use to make this a bit easier is the loves outdoor trait, my other traits are childish and cheerful. I was really tempted to marry the Hermit as she is insane and we got along so well but she will have to wait until I make 5000.

And I made it to 5000 $ a day before I turned adult. I had enough aspiration points to get the Eternal reward (see sims 4 mods in downloads) and I am starting to build my house.

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 6:45 AM
I love this challenge! I started a few days ago and am on my way to building a small house so that the mother can get a job and her daughter can attend school(if she doesn't age up first).
Field Researcher
#31 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veiledstar
Can we buy the tents and campfires from outdoor retreat? I used to use the sleeping bag and the outdoor portable fire pits in the sims 3 challenge.

You can both buy and move it in game mode so don't see why not.
I do this myself however with an couple, its pretty easy as you can collect rocks and frogs for initial money, fishing give serious money then you get up in level, you can go to granite falls and buy the tent on day two if you don't manage it the first day. After some days you will earn so much fishing you can start renting an cabin.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:59 AM Last edited by dedreav0531 : 17th Feb 2015 at 7:39 PM.
It got too easy with two sims so I restarted with a teen. If I figure out how to embed images then I will add some.

EDIT: I have an issue with trying to edit my teen's appearance. Whenever I try to edit my teen's appearance and accept the changes, it says I need an adult in the family. Is there a way to get around this, because my sim almost has a house built and she has a baby for added hardness.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:15 AM
I saw this challenge and I've been asked to stream Sims 4 many times over and I haven't done so. So I decided that I'm going to open with playing this Challenge this coming Saturday (March 7, 2015) at twitch.tv/kawayuki as a Let's Play Sims 4....

I hope you guys can come out and support <3 haha ...

It seems really fun and I haven't tried it yet so I'm kind of excited. (:
WISH ME LUCK!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:29 PM
Decided to do this challenge.
This is Wilhelm looking for something to eat or sell.

The first night. Still clean. Sleeping in the park.

Managed to sell some fish to get some money.

Later that night.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:35 PM
Thanks to his fantastic fishing skills, he had nothing much else to do, Wilhelm now has a little two roomed cottage. There is bathroom and another room with a fridge in it. Outside he has a tent and a bench. He has also acquired a fan called Manuel, who is there all the time. Wilhelm keeps going into the tent, to escape I guess, but Manuel hangs about until he comes out again. Planning on Wilhelm being in the culinary career and hopefully killing Manuel, with something moldy perhaps.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:33 AM
I'm TOOTALLY GOING TO TRY IT! IT LOOKS AWESOME!

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM
HI, so i made a few changes, (or maybe big changes because i have 2 sims but i hope you will enjoy). Sorry for my bad english i`m from Romania...so.. let`s introduce to you Roth(male alien) and Jenna.
He was found in a capsule thing by a homeless he called dad, but he died so no is single and has no one. He has no idea from where he is or who are his parents. Today he was sad and mourning for his "dad" and he met Jenna. An orphan girl that became an adult and is no longer welcome to the orphans house. Roth likes a lot Jenna because she is cheerful and she makes him smile, but she is not sure if will stay in this park for long.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM
Default Jenna and Roth both homeless
First picture was to small, i don`t know why.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 2:31 PM
Default Homeless story of Roth an Jenna goes on
So, Roth did not like the food he found and is dissapointed, but life is hard and still goes on. So he is sad and look behind, he sees some rocks and he start digging. Hmmm he find some kind of capsule, he`s wondering what is inside. He opens it and find`s an egg or some kind of globe and a toy. He could sell them and buy some real food next day...but nah.. he will keep them both, he never had any kind of toy so this are something personal.
Jenna is runing to find a toilet and she hopes that public toilet will be free because she could not sell the fish she caught ... Oh she is so happy, is free ..finnaly. Maybe after all she will stay a little longer around here, maybe it is not that bad. Well, she admits that she likes the park, and has some conection with Roth, and she did caught some fish. But she is so tired, almost passed out. She mannaged to find a bench near Roth and goes to try sleep a little.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:19 PM
I finished this a few weeks ago and had great fun with it. Thanks for creating and posting it.
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:23 AM
Are we allowed to put the money to make group meals for domestic work back in our funds? It's kinda hard to make a 17 simolean dish only to get 30 simoleans at the end of the day.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 5:07 PM
I got some free time (finally!) and was able to play this! It's a lot of fun and I couldn't let go of the game at all! I actually made a tumblr for my sim, Cornelia Payne! If you have time, drop by to check this link out! My progress is all there. :3
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:06 AM Last edited by AncientRome : 11th Oct 2015 at 7:07 AM. Reason: fixing typos
I enjoyed playing this challenge, even though it isn't challenging with the expansions and gamepacks installed.

It took me about 3 hours with gardening as the main selling focus.

I would definitely recommend this challenge to other people.
Banned
#44 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 7:05 PM
Has AlChestBreach been spotted on this thread?
He's just uploaded a video of this.
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Has AlChestBreach been spotted on this thread?
He's just uploaded a video of this.

Wow, that's so cool! Thank you for letting me know, @Aaron4Ever!

(In case anyone's interested, the first video can be found here: https://youtu.be/i47LeJeaKCs )
Original Poster
#46 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiderb8
Are we allowed to put the money to make group meals for domestic work back in our funds? It's kinda hard to make a 17 simolean dish only to get 30 simoleans at the end of the day.

That's a good point! Yes, you are allowed to do that. Sorry for answering your question so late!
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 10:54 PM
Just a random question for... anyone really! lol Would anyone be interested if I made a blog/story about this challenge? Warning, it will be wordy with lots of pictures! lol :3
Original Poster
#48 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
Just a random question for... anyone really! lol Would anyone be interested if I made a blog/story about this challenge? Warning, it will be wordy with lots of pictures! lol :3

Yes! I'd love to read your story and I don't think I'd be the only one.
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:03 PM
I will definitely try this challenge later
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 10:11 AM
Love the sound of this that I'm going to be making a let's play of it!!!! Thanks! I needed something new!
Page 2 of 5