Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
Default How to delete/create new lots?
So I can't figure out how to delete lots/houses and create new ones? Gone through every menu and googled for about half an hour... hard to find anything useful.

To be more specific I want to replace some lots with this:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534539

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
Thats a really cool area!
I know you can 'Bulldoze' a lot by going to the 'Manage Worlds' option in the menu, then click on the lot and select "Change lot type" and there will be a little bulldoze icon to the right of the bar.
I think if you install from the community hub/store thing, you can just 'overwrite' a lot. Not entirely sure though D:
dodgy builder
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:18 AM
if you enter the lot, you can bulldoze what's on it before you build your own, that's what I'm doing. It's the top menu where you can save lot info like bd and ba and see the price of the lot. It has a bulldoze in the right corner. There you can also click on the library and place the lot there, but to place I lot I think you need a sim on it.

If it's community though you might or perhaps shouldn't need a sim there.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
if you enter the lot, you can bulldoze what's on it before you build your own, that's what I'm doing. It's the top menu where you can save lot info like bd and ba and see the price of the lot. It has a bulldoze in the right corner. There you can also click on the library and place the lot there, but to place I lot I think you need a sim on it.

If it's community though you might or perhaps shouldn't need a sim there.

You can bulldoze a lot without having a sim on it. Just go in "Manage Worlds" mode.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:54 AM
Very frustrating interface. I sometimes wonder of the designers have ever actually played a Sims game.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:05 AM Last edited by KismetRose : 17th Sep 2014 at 5:12 AM.
I set that lot up in my neighborhood just this evening.

In Manage Worlds, I entered the Build mode for the lot. I saved the house that was already there to my gallery with some changes in case I want it later and then bulldozed the lot. Then, since I'd already put the Bourbon Street files in my Tray folder, it was waiting for me in my Library. I selected it and brought it onto that lot, and then specified it as a lounge in the Lot Details options.

No Sim was required, and it wasn't as bad of a process as I'd feared it would be. Fun lot, too! =)

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:14 AM
Hey guys,

thanks for liking my lot enough to learn some more about the game and install it for yourself. I had another inquiry in the Bourbon Street comment section and this is what I told them:

"If all the files are in your Tray folder, the lot should show up in your library. Your library is a tab in the gallery. Go into the lot where you want to put it. If you are replacing a pre-made lot, you should save the pre-made to your library first, just in case you change your mind later. Installing the new lot will bulldoze the old one. Open your library, choose your lot and click the icon on the lower left to install. I recommend putting it in the location shown. The only other spot where it will fit in Willow Creek is Magnolia Park but I read that shifting around the park can mess up the fishing ponds."

In other words, pretty much what KismetRose said. Thanks KR for helping! Now I can just send people here for info.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
No problem! Thank you for making it, bubbajoe. I've been using the lot a good deal and only made minor adjustments to it for my own needs/tastes. It's a great addition and saves on the loading screens.

I did remove the walls that block off the townhouses in the back, but I don't use them much. I hadn't read your whole post so discovering them was a surprise. I could see why you had them there, though.

I have noticed over at least a handful of visits that the lot doesn't seem to populate with quite as many Sims as the individual lots do, but I can live with that. It isn't until you get inside it and take pictures that you appreciate the details and how great looking it is.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KismetRose
No problem! Thank you for making it, bubbajoe. I've been using the lot a good deal and only made minor adjustments to it for my own needs/tastes.

I love that you tweaked it since I've put my hands to every single lot I've downloaded. One of the pink roof supports on the gym is slightly out of place, could you please move it over one tile LOL?

I
[/QUOTE]I have noticed over at least a handful of visits that the lot doesn't seem to populate with quite as many Sims as the individual lots do, but I can live with that.[/QUOTE]

That's always the problem with big lots like these. The game only gives you 8-13 sims and it feels so empty. I usually travel with a lot of friends and just concentrate on one building at a time. However the 50x50 is not going away so I wanted to use it. Maybe in the future someone will invent a tool to sub-divide those lots ( selfishly misses Mootilda). I really grew to prefer smaller lots over the years even tho I made plenty of huge ones.