Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Graphic Problem After Installing USC
Hi! I'd like to ask a question regarding my problem I'm experiencing with my game after installing and uninstalling Ultimate Sims Collection using Origin. Before installing USC, My Sims 2 game seems fine without any problems. After installing and uninstalling USC and re-installing my original Sims 2 game it comes to this one. Some walls and windows flicker and disappear whenever I move some objects in Buy Mode.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
You need to change the Smooth Edges setting in your in-game graphics options. Play around with it, different settings work for different people.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You need to change the Smooth Edges setting in your in-game graphics options. Play around with it, different settings work for different people.

It appears that I can't modify the smooth edges setting.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 7:43 PM
Then you need to modify your Graphics Rules file with the right settings for your video card/chipset.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Then you need to modify your Graphics Rules file with the right settings for your video card/chipset.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Okay, Thanks rhiamom and nysha! I'll try it out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
Problem's solved! Thank you!! Now I can sleep since it's now 3 am in here. Thanks again!! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bontakun7514
Problem's solved! Thank you!! Now I can sleep since it's now 3 am in here. Thanks again!! :D

I've been experiencing graphic issues too since I installed. My ground changes textures to any random thing in the game, sometimes blacks out completely. Sims also tend to black out either in live mode or inside their icons.

while I would assume it's my graphics card, I never experience things like this in Sims 3. I don't know if it's just an issue with the uc. I thought maybe corruption was the issue, but it has been this way from day one.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkannie
I've been experiencing graphic issues too since I installed. My ground changes textures to any random thing in the game, sometimes blacks out completely. Sims also tend to black out either in live mode or inside their icons.

while I would assume it's my graphics card, I never experience things like this in Sims 3. I don't know if it's just an issue with the uc. I thought maybe corruption was the issue, but it has been this way from day one.

Follow the link in my previous post to Leefish, install the Graphics Rules Maker, and run it.