Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:10 AM
Default LTR Extra Energy, is it even possible?
I asked/requested this back in the WCIF thread-kind-of-deal-thingy, but with little to no luck at finding this.

And since the editors are to me, one big mess, i gave up trying this for myself, though i did find the couches, some tables and a few other things.
But what i could not find was the LTRs (Life Time Rewards)...

So the question i pose: Is it even possible to make?
I mean the game offers a wast amount of editing, but i have yet to see any mods that actually add more things for the LTRs.
I have seen mods that sort of boosts the amount of LTPs (Life Time Points), but that's as far as i have been able to "sniff out".

So obviously i gotta ask, can it even be done?

We already got vanilla/Maxis LRTs that helps with bladder, hunger, hygiene, social and fun needs, but it seems like they neglected the Energy Need...

NONSENSE: Also i request not to request the requested request of a request so that the request can request a request with a request form requesting that requesting can be requested not to request a requested request with a married request and thus request more requests just so the request continuum keeps requesting pick nicks with more requests in a forest of requests that houses a requests silo ready to launch requests at requesting countries requesting to request me to stop writing any more... Yeah, enough of that requesting nonsense... kind of lost it now...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Hmmmm... best bet to look at how Lifetime Rewards (the original ones) achieve the effect of disabling the Bladder motive (as in Steel Bladder) or other ones. Maybe ILSpy-ing the script helps. This means, you should need to code in C#. By now, you're probably already typing up "is there a damn tutorial or whatcha anything that I can follow"? The blunt truth is NO, a big big big big big NONONONO. If there is a tutorial, the end product is probably done as well. You're off venturing into a part unexplored, and you're on your own, though Forum-people always try and help

Are you serious in modding? Since it can take quite some determination and effort, and it's not just copy-pasting bits here and there. But it can be rewarding as well. Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Hmmmm... best bet to look at how Lifetime Rewards (the original ones) achieve the effect of disabling the Bladder motive (as in Steel Bladder) or other ones. Maybe ILSpy-ing the script helps. This means, you should need to code in C#. By now, you're probably already typing up "is there a damn tutorial or whatcha anything that I can follow"? The blunt truth is NO, a big big big big big NONONONO. If there is a tutorial, the end product is probably done as well. You're off venturing into a part unexplored, and you're on your own, though Forum-people always try and help

Are you serious in modding? Since it can take quite some determination and effort, and it's not just copy-pasting bits here and there. But it can be rewarding as well. Good luck

I can' even find the LTRs at all, i did try, several times, or i would not come here.
And as you say, it's a part of the Sims that no one seems to have thought about exploring much, which is also why i'm here, as i could find no clues or even hints.
When i find the LTRs, i might update this thread myself with what i learn, but until then, i hope some adventures, smart and observant people can track down the LTRs and point me i the right direction.
Until then, i'll be searching, poking, probing, puking, farting and what ever else there is to do
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
Look at the game code in the .dlls, they may hold some clues, since not all things are contained in the GameplayData.package as XML or ITUN. Some parts are hard-coded, and maybe, how LTRS benefit Sims are possibly in there as well. From what I know, LTRs are essentially TRAITS. Try looking up the Traits XML in GameplayData, or browse "Traits" in ILSpy (you should find out how to use it to look at the hard-code of TS3 in coding tutorials), and by learning a bit of the syntax, you may understand a few parts (ie how X is done through Y coding, and that you modify Y coding to become your own Y1 coding that is your Energy LTR.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Look at the game code in the .dlls, they may hold some clues, since not all things are contained in the GameplayData.package as XML or ITUN. Some parts are hard-coded, and maybe, how LTRS benefit Sims are possibly in there as well. From what I know, LTRs are essentially TRAITS. Try looking up the Traits XML in GameplayData, or browse "Traits" in ILSpy (you should find out how to use it to look at the hard-code of TS3 in coding tutorials), and by learning a bit of the syntax, you may understand a few parts (ie how X is done through Y coding, and that you modify Y coding to become your own Y1 coding that is your Energy LTR.

good idea... if i find anything, i'll update thread again with my findings... thanks for everything thus far ^_^