Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:22 AM
Default Force Twins
Are you aware that ForceTwins works in the Sims 4? I tried it 5 times back to back and only one couple had a single baby the others all had twins. Guess there's a 50% chance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:23 AM
Force Twins? Can't you just buy the potion reward "Fertility" (I don't know exactly how it is translated in the English version)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by voridor
Force Twins? Can't you just buy the potion reward "Fertility" (I don't know exactly how it is translated in the English version)

Do you know how long it takes to get all those lifepoints? Yeah, I'll just cheat if I really want twins.

Nice to know though! I've missed this cheat.
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
Both of my sims had fertility and they still only had one kid.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:05 PM
Speaking of twins. I have a question. In TS2 if a sim was a twin their chances of having twins would increase. Which made it pretty much genetic. Is that the same in TS4? I'm pretty sure in TS3 it wasn't genetic.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by voridor

I've had multiple sims, all with the fertile trait, try multiple times to get twins. After trying about 20 times, I had only 2 sets of twins. It does not help as much as it should :\

I also searched high and low for a cheat/mod to increase the chances, but no luck there yet either!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:36 AM
If it doesn't work everytime, it's not a working cheat. Correlation does not equal causation. If the cheat worked in TS4 it would always work, not "I guess it's 50/50". You just disproved your own theory.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Danay40
Are you aware that ForceTwins works in the Sims 4? I tried it 5 times back to back and only one couple had a single baby the others all had twins. Guess there's a 50% chance!

4 out of 5 is not 50%, it's 80%. Still, too little of a sample to prove effectiveness.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
Odd. I'm rotationally playing three couples. No cheats, no potions, all pregnant on the first try and two of the couples had twins! I thought the programming was changed to make twins occur more frequently. It sounds more like I was just lucky!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
I've had at least five pregnancies so far (rotational player, all different households. Five mothers, three fathers) and I've only had one set of twins - and to be honest it was in the household that had least room for them!

Edit: I agree with @KariMinger and @MattieOReilly - the sample size was too small, and if it didn't work everytime it was just (extreme) luck. Did you do something different that last time? Did you have testingcheats enabled for the first four but not for them?

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
Has anyone tried eating cheesecake or watching the kids channel to increase the odds?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:35 PM
Best I can tell, the number of children is determined at the time of conception (I could be wrong about this).

10% chance of twins, 1% chance of triplets.
Fertility trait doubles the chances.

I don't see anything to indicate that any kind of interaction would affect this or that it is hereditary.

The probabilities are easy to mod. It also shouldn't be hard to mod in a cheat to force twins.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:30 PM
Well I've not tried it out but if it's true then cool.

If not then they should deffo add it in along with a "ForceTriplets" cheat.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Has anyone tried eating cheesecake or watching the kids channel to increase the odds?

Tried gorging both partners on cheesecake, and watching nothing but the kids channel for days. Single child both times
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
Hmm......what about those gummy bear pancakes you can make when you're playful? Those seem kid friendly.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Jendra9311 : 26th Sep 2014 at 2:44 AM.
Slightly off topic but... Is there any cheat/mod object/code I can click on/type in to get Sim x pregnant by Sim y? I used to use Sim modder for my same-sex couples in TS2 and want something like that for TS4. I know there's a "babies for all" mod on here rn but I don't like the idea of wives getting their husbands pregnant.

(I always used to explain it away by saying it was fancy Sci fi IVF derived from alien technology. But why would a different-sex couple use IVF on the guy when the woman could just get pregnant?)

Edit:

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Hmm......what about those gummy bear pancakes you can make when you're playful? Those seem kid friendly.

Hehe! My boyfriend tried those - also no luck XD
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:04 PM
EA self modded the game with this idea... December 16 patch
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
Best I can tell, the number of children is determined at the time of conception (I could be wrong about this).

10% chance of twins, 1% chance of triplets.
Fertility trait doubles the chances.

I don't see anything to indicate that any kind of interaction would affect this or that it is hereditary.

The probabilities are easy to mod. It also shouldn't be hard to mod in a cheat to force twins.

Thank you!!! I have been looking all over the place to get this very piece of information!!! However, I seem to be very unlucky, my Sims have had more than 10 babies in all, but none were twins.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brytewolf
Hehe! My boyfriend tried those - also no luck XD

I had Eliza Pancakes get pregnant and she ate them every day, but she had just one baby, who I named gummy bear. Get it?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:14 PM
Is there a cheat to force triplets? I was hoping for triplets with my Sim couple where each had the fertility reward*, but they only had twins

Not really sure why I'm wishing for triplets; it's zooey enough with twins! I just want to try it.

*BTW, rewards rack up quickly if your Sim changes their ambition or goal often to correspond to their current activity, such as planting, working out, making friends, cooking, etc... Also, you can pay attention to those little whims and use them to good advantage.
Instructor
#22 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Is there a cheat to force triplets? I was hoping for triplets with my Sim couple where each had the fertility reward*, but they only had twins

Not really sure why I'm wishing for triplets; it's zooey enough with twins! I just want to try it.

I use this mod by Scumbumbo: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=547232
You'll be able to pick the number of offspring, the gender (which can afterwards be changed by what sims listen to or eat, so be careful), and you can also choose what stage the pregnancy is in.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 2:11 AM
Thanks, Dixieland, I'll check that out!
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
Default Danay40
if you have a fertile sim and your home lot has the on ley line lot trait theres a 75% to 80% chance when you use the cheat
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:02 PM
Fertility potion or trait or whatnot combined with the lot trait that makes it more possible, is what I'd try.