Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Sim Name or Gender v8

by scumbumbo Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM by scumbumbo : Version 8 update for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM Last edited by deblake60 : 21st Sep 2014 at 11:31 PM.
I will take the chance and try this out! I am so tired of my Sims marrying, but the last name doesn't change, so fingers-crossed. I'll test it out for a day or two and get back on here and edit this post. Regardless, this MOD is an excellent idea and very much needed!

EDIT: Been playing most of the day and night. The only issue (more of an annoyance) is that it does take a little bit of time for the new names to take hold. Other than that, it really is a great MOD!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
Hello! Thank you for your work, it's really needed.
Is it possible to make custom script mod to specify library of default names for townies? Russian version is truly annoying and it would be so good to clear the names and add new. Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:16 PM
Thank you!! ><
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Excellent!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:30 PM
Thank you! So strange that the game has no option to change the last name after marriage.
Deceased
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FeiKo
Hello! Thank you for your work, it's really needed.
Is it possible to make custom script mod to specify library of default names for townies? Russian version is truly annoying and it would be so good to clear the names and add new. Thanks in advance!

I believe some others are working on that already, not sure in what languages. From what I've seen I don't think it will require a script mod, just a package.
Deceased
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:08 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
I will take the chance and try this out! I am so tired of my Sims marrying, but the last name doesn't change, so fingers-crossed. I'll test it out for a day or two and get back on here and edit this post. Regardless, this MOD is an excellent idea and very much needed!

EDIT: Been playing most of the day and night. The only issue (more of an annoyance) is that it does take a little bit of time for the new names to take hold. Other than that, it really is a great MOD!

Yeah, the name change part I'm pretty confident should not cause problems, other than the annoying fact that it doesn't update everywhere on the screen. I beat myself up for a few hours trying to figure that out, but as I said couldn't figure it out. I just jump into Manage Worlds and go back to the same household and everything updates. I think lot changes work too.

Let me know if you do see any issues that you think this mod caused.

EDIT: Did some more testing tonight and found that you can even use the commands on dead sims. Not sure why you would want to, but it does work. Game is still stable for me, sims seem to take to their new names and genders without problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
I tried it out and it works fine, on my sim or npc's. Good job, Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM
Thanks! I think Carol needs to shave mustache and legs though. And Steve is still wearing makeup. I guess the change happened so suddenly they didn't get a chance yet.
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
Thanks! I think Carol needs to shave mustache and legs though. And Steve is still wearing makeup. I guess the change happened so suddenly they didn't get a chance yet.

Yeah, their new looks are kind of scary
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:06 PM
This is really cool. Thank you for all the hard work for this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:06 PM
This is really cool. Thank you for all the hard work for this mod.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:09 PM
Default That's the point: This is gender-bending at its best!
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon

Carol is one sexy Trans chick and Steve has really cool hair!

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture your creation as you would a child, then share it with others, and enrich this world we humans call Planet Earth.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:46 PM
Thank you! This looks great, but I wonder...could we also use this in lieu of a same sex pregnancy mod for now? You know, change the gender of one sim, try for baby, then change them back.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
A fantastic idea. With several different potential applications from Trans Sims to alternative means of Male Pregnancy. Not to mention that the rename features are a far simpler way of Renaming sims than having to use CAS.fulleditmode to do that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:41 PM
Really useful to help with the "no name change on marriage" bug/feature... thank you!
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acrylicpainting
Thank you! This looks great, but I wonder...could we also use this in lieu of a same sex pregnancy mod for now? You know, change the gender of one sim, try for baby, then change them back.

It's just a tool, you can use it for whatever you want. I'm not sure what will happen with the genealogy internals over time -- EA's genealogy code is a bit of a mess. When I was changing Chuck and Carol and so forth, I did take a look at some of the relationships that showed up, and brothers changed to sisters and so forth as it appears internally they are just stored as "sibling" or "parent", so even though there is a slot in the code for "mother" and "father" it appears to be ignored what gender the actual sim to go in that slot is until the time comes to actually present it on screen.

In other words, internally I think the child would have a "mother" and "father", but as far as gameplay it will show up as having two mothers or two fathers.

I think.

These are the kinds of issues that made me say it should be treated as experimental. I'd be interested in hearing what people's results are in experimenting, but remember to back up your game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
tyvm :)
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:59 PM
I really loved the change gender mod. Mortimer Goth fulfilled his lifelong dream of becoming transgender. However on changing clothes he lost his male facial features Is there ANY way you can add a flavour to keep face and voice? It would make me very happy

Just look at Morty, he looks fabulous, then not so fabulous.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
Disregard my last comment. I see what it's doing, it does keep the same facial features but just stops you from having male facial hair on females and female makeup on males. Now I just need a mod to allow this
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Born Slippy
I really loved the change gender mod. Mortimer Goth fulfilled his lifelong dream of becoming transgender. However on changing clothes he lost his male facial features Is there ANY way you can add a flavour to keep face and voice? It would make me very happy

Just look at Morty, he looks fabulous, then not so fabulous.

Hmm, I haven't been able to reproduce this. Just changing clothes, makeup, or hair should not change the facial features or voice, I was even able to go into CAS fulleditmode and tweak the nose a bit, etc. without losing the main features. The features do change a bit on the initial change, mostly in the cheek structure around the eyes, but the main features remain even after a save and reload and there's no real way around that without changing the actual meshes or something -- 3d modeling is one of the those skills I have no talent for unfortunately.

I tried tweaking the voice a bit in fulleditmode and that did change the voice to the new gender permanently, but until I actually moved a slider, the voice remained that of the previous gender. And changing the voice didn't change facial features at all.

Not sure what else would cause such dramatic changes. Perhaps aging up? Anyone else seeing this happen?
Deceased
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Born Slippy
Disregard my last comment. I see what it's doing, it does keep the same facial features but just stops you from having male facial hair on females and female makeup on males. Now I just need a mod to allow this

Woudn't have any clue how to add the required categories to CAS to allow this. It may be possible in the future. The facial hair, at least, can be changed by switching back to male, making the change and then switching again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:25 PM
Thank yhu... >////< >u<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:19 PM
Thank you! The one thing that has really bugged me in this new game is our inability to pre-select the baby's gender. This has been a huge hindrance to me. Also, my Founder's sweetie is named Sawyer (a female!) I would dearly love to change her name. Thank you so much for this.
Page 1 of 7