Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:27 PM Last edited by Simonut : 24th Sep 2014 at 9:41 PM.
Default Meeting people In real life who look or act like a Sims
I was in Starbucks yesterday, reading and relaxing while having a latte. There was this guy in front of me on his computer , I was trying not to stare at him very hard and I would only look when he had his face into his computer screen. But this guy look so much to me like "Goopy GilsCarbo" from Pleasantview. After a while he ask me did I mind watching his computer while he quickly use the men room.

When he return I told him he look like a character in the Sims game, he starting laughing out loud. He said oh OMG I use to play the Sims, and ask what version of the Sims do I play ? I told him Sims 2 and that when I return home I was going to try to make someone like him in Body Shop. Now here is the funny part he said to me " Oh please name me Troy, I have always like the sound of that name, and please make me a romantic Sims, and be sure I have lots of lovers. Because in my real life when it come to romance "Cupid" left me behind. So I ask what kind of girls do you like ?

He said "I like smart girls, do not matter if they are blond or with dark hair." Oh and his last request was make me rich, for in this real life I am poor as a sailor and make me a Leo. I was lmao , he was really a nice guy and his real name was Peter still in college. In his Sun sign was Pisces, sometime they can be shy, I guess that why he wanted me to make him a Leo because they are outgoing.

Over the years I have off and on ran across people in real life that look, and sometime act just like a Sims, and before I left I ask Peter what version of the Sims did he once play, he said Sims 2 and that he gave them to his cousin who love the Sims. Members or guests have you met or ran across a person in real life who look or act like a Sims? ( this Post is for fun )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:39 PM
There's a girl who works at a Chick-fil-a who reminds me of a TS3 sim
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:43 AM
I have never met anyone who reminds me of a sims. But my girlfriend has this hood she plays quite often, she has taken everyone we know in real life and made them into a sims. She's gone to great lengths to make them look like their real life counterpart. Downloaded the right clothes, the right hair style, the right glasses if they wear glasses, and so forth. She even gives them the right sign and some how matches the right romance sims, family sims, and so forth. I can always tell from a distant which sims she is playing because they act just like their real life counterpart.

We have this friend, Bubba, he is a Pisces and very annoying. My girlfriend created a sims that looks just like the real life Bubba to a tee. I was watching her play Bubba the other night and I commented on how much her sims looked and acted like the real life Bubba. She told me, " You would not believe it but this sims is just as annoying as Bubba. And it is not just me who thinks he is annoying, all my sims think he is annoying." I told her, "Just like in real life, Babe."
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:19 AM
One of my kids' teachers looks exactly like a real-life Bella Goth. One time we were at parent/teacher interviews and I'm just gaping at her like an idiot, thinking that if they ever made a Sims movie she would HAVE to play Bella, my husband had to elbow me and whisper "Stop thinking about Sims!"
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:21 AM
I've ran into people with same name as Sims a few times. One time it was weird, because running register at Dunkin Donuts I saw a name on a credit card that was hauntingly familiar, and it was bugging me for about an hour until I realized where it was familiar from.
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:11 AM
Every time I go grocery shopping on a Saturday the whole entrance/exit area to the store reminds me of a giant route failure scenario. Someone has decided that three feet inside the door is a great place to stop dead in your tracks and carry on a phone conversation. A mother and her four ( five? six?) children are blocking the access to the carts. An old man ( reaaaally reaaally old , even older than me ) is stopped with his pockets turned inside out as he searches for his keys( his wallet? the phone number that smokin' hottie gave him in 1978?) . Not much footstomping and I have ( as of now anyway) never seen anyone wet themselves there , but otherwise it's the Sims come to life.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Every time I go grocery shopping on a Saturday the whole entrance/exit area to the store reminds me of a giant route failure scenario. Someone has decided that three feet inside the door is a great place to stop dead in your tracks and carry on a phone conversation. A mother and her four ( five? six?) children are blocking the access to the carts. An old man ( reaaaally reaaally old , even older than me ) is stopped with his pockets turned inside out as he searches for his keys( his wallet? the phone number that smokin' hottie gave him in 1978?) . Not much footstomping and I have ( as of now anyway) never seen anyone wet themselves there , but otherwise it's the Sims come to life.

I worked in a grocery store and a little girl wet herself in the produce section. I was honestly surprised that her mother actually brought it to someone's attention (mine) so it could be cleaned up.

Cleaning it up wasn't quite as simple as in The Sims; one can't just pull a mop out of his arse and sop it up, with the mop disappearing into nowhere when finished.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:46 AM
I've changed Kimberly Cordial's (from Belladonna Cove) hair and makeup and she looks kinda like Kristin Davis (Charlotte from Sex and the City) Also, there is some premade in Sims 3 (but I have no idea what her name is, not even which world she is in) that looks a lot like my mom
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:41 AM
I've never met him, but I think Prince William looks an awful lot like a blonde Goopy GilsCarbo.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM
In a wood workshop I worked in, there was this guy who looked exactly like one of the sim townies! The townie has some odd name... Komei or something like that. Hair, facial features, eye color, everything.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:46 PM
I had a physics teacher who could literally be made in the sims with Maxis items. His face was a preset, he had a goatee just like the Maxis goatee, he had that sim...Rob Humble i think?...'s hair, and wore a lap coat with the right shirt underneath just like the lab coats sims can wear (I think in the debug version of CAS). It was so weird.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:27 PM
Oddly enough it was just a couple of days ago that I noticed a young woman in as local shop with a face that looked as if it had been randomly generated in CAS. Her chin receded so much, that I really wanted to edit it with the slider to make it more prominent! Had she been a townie I was creating in CAS, I would have thought she was too unrealistic. I suppose my lesson is that I should think at least twice before I reject a Sim's face as "unrealistic"; real people's faces vary a lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
I was buying lunch at a pizza place a few months ago, and the guy behind the counter reminded me of Benjamin Longnose, I mean, Long. His nose was long and slightly pointy, like the infamous townie. He had blonde hair (though it was much longer than Long's -- the irony!) and blue eyes. He was even wearing a striped grey jumper, though he had black jeans instead of shorts. The words, "Hey, you look familiar" almost left my mouth before my brain linked me to the game. Still, I looked up the Benjamin Long article on The Sims Wiki on my phone and kept comparing the picture there with the guy behind the counter while waiting for my pizza.

I guess the next crazy thing to happen is someone calling my pizza "Chumcha"?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
I sometimes see people who have apparently had an action cancelled from their queue. They're walking along, doing something, maybe chatting, then abruptly stop. They get a blank look on their faces, then turn and go another direction. Of course, it's possible that they just remembered something that they needed to do, but I always laugh a little inside.
#15 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:46 AM
Sometimes I come across someone with a hairstyle/shirt/whatever that looks just like one in the Sims 2...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
I sometimes see people who have apparently had an action cancelled from their queue. They're walking along, doing something, maybe chatting, then abruptly stop. They get a blank look on their faces, then turn and go another direction. Of course, it's possible that they just remembered something that they needed to do, but I always laugh a little inside.

Sometimes I feel that I have had an action cancelled from my queue myself. I go to some room in the house or whatever, then when I get there, I completely forget what am I even doing there
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
I've never met anyone that looks like Sims in my game, but I definitely see people through the lens of their aspirations now.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Right after I got Sims2 I saw a guy at work with a potbelly and immediately thought: "maybe he was abducted by aliens".
If he had straight hair instead of curly he would have looked just like Pascal Curious.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Simonut : 28th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM.
Another day in Starbucks this Saturday ( 27 ) there was a very long line, so I waited patiently until it was my turn, maybe I am playing the Sims a bit too much.
Right there dead in front of my eyes was a couple also waiting for their turn, I had to think twice for a second if I was on my computer in the Sims world.

This couple was kissing ( over the top ) and making out ( over the top ) just like the Sims do, It was so over the top that all they needed was a "bed" to woohoo in.
It really made me feel uncomfortable and along with a few others customers who stood there shaking their heads. For just that one second I really wanted to be that old hag "Mrs.Crumplebottom" and say to them Enough Already!
It was just like member > MOOKIEBLAYLOCK said in his post #6 they was the Sims in living action right before my eyes. Gee what next.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:31 AM
When hearing people speak in a foreign language that I have zero knowledge of, and the involved people are quite animated in their facial expressions and hand gestures, it reminds me of sims.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I've never met anyone that looks like Sims in my game, but I definitely see people through the lens of their aspirations now.

I sometimes just meet a person and think, "Oh, he/she would have a romance/family/knowledge/... aspiration!"
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
When hearing people speak in a foreign language that I have zero knowledge of, and the involved people are quite animated in their facial expressions and hand gestures, it reminds me of sims.

@>Inhuman One>> Yes I have also notice that when people speaking and using hand gestures, it is like a Sims. But when you really think about the creations of the Sims and how they act, after all the Sims was created by human people at EA / Maxis. So therefore the creators of the Sims turn those little pixel into human like clone to act like us real human. That one reason why you may run across people who act like the Sims, EA / Maxis seem to have created the Sims with human DNA. There are plenty of human Sims walking around.

Forum Resident
#23 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:54 AM
This girl I knew in high school, Jessica Carrol, kind of looks like Angela Pleasant.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....3ed52c28d31afeb
Forum Resident
#24 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>Inhuman One>> Yes I have also notice that when people speaking and using hand gestures, it is like a Sims. But when you really think about the creations of the Sims and how they act, after all the Sims was created by human people at EA / Maxis. So therefore the creators of the Sims turn those little pixel into human like clone to act like us real human. That one reason why you may run across people who act like the Sims, EA / Maxis seem to have created the Sims with human DNA. There are plenty of human Sims walking around.

True, but when they also speak in a language that I can't even identify they may as well be talking simlish for all I know.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:40 AM
Simonut, what a hilarious thread! This was a great idea. I don't know what your situation is (and it's none of my beeswax obviously) but that first Starbucks guy sounded like he was hinting around for a date! I've been married for eons but that's the sort of thing I'd feel the need to fix immediately, and I'd start thinking about the single girls I know who I could fix him up with. (And NO, before anyone asks, I don't wander my neighborhood in gypsy regalia, muttering to myself and spit-shining a crystal ball! LOL! Although maybe I should; it pays pretty well, at least in the game.)
Page 1 of 2