Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Outfit After Work Mod v5

by scumbumbo Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 12:51 AM - Updated 31st Dec 2018 at 7:18 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for Get Famous game patch

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:59 AM
Awesome! This kind of mod never really crossed my mind before, but this is definitely a mod I want and will use
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM
YAY! Another one of the little irritating things corrected! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:31 AM
YATTA! TY TY! god the work outfits SUUUCKED. XD
Deceased
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SeabeeGR
YATTA! TY TY! god the work outfits SUUUCKED. XD

If you hate the work outfits that much, you might want to get MasterDinadan's Goto Work in Everday Clothing mod as a complete replacement for the work outfits. This mod is for those who want the outfits, but want to go back when they get home.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:36 AM
Thanks so much. I got so sick of telling them to change to everyday outfit when they got home from work....This works wonderfully...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
I've already thanked you but the message didn't come up. I had to say that i didn't want to eliminate work outfits completely so your mod is perfect for me. So thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:38 PM
Thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 6:51 PM
God this irritated me so much (maybe exaggerated a bit there)... Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:59 PM
I can live with the uniforms, uniforms that suck is a fact of life! So is changing out of them at the first opportunity. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:25 PM
great mod! i wonder if a similar mod is possible where they switch to every day outfits after they get out of bed?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:26 AM
This is cool! It's very annoying to have the sims change to everyday outfit every time they get home. Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM Last edited by puce0204 : 6th Oct 2014 at 6:14 PM.
I'm so disappointed! This hack doesn't change anything in my game And I'm sure that my installation is ok
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 5:07 PM
Coooooooool!
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puce0204
I'm so disappointed! This hack doesn't change anything in my game And I'm sure that my installation is ok

Make sure you have the game updated, this requires the game to be patched with at least the Sept 9 update (all script mods do). Also, be sure that you just put the zip file itself into Mods folder, don't unzip it. Finally, be sure you have script updates turned on in the game options (it's on the last button, "Other" options).
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Make sure you have the game updated, this requires the game to be patched with at least the Sept 9 update (all script mods do). Also, be sure that you just put the zip file itself into Mods folder, don't unzip it. Finally, be sure you have script updates turned on in the game options (it's on the last button, "Other" options).

I did all these stages and it works with my other mods like this (in zip format)
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puce0204
I did all these stages and it works with my other mods like this (in zip format)

If you get the chance, send me a pm with a list of the script mods you are running and, if they aren't on MTS, where I can get them. Perhaps this weekend I'll get a chance to see if there's a conflict with one of them. I'm not sure how there could be as I'm only adding a line to the end of one of the game functions. Unless you have another mod that changes the "return from work" action somehow.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:57 AM
If you get the chance, send me a pm with a list of the script mods you are running and, if they aren't on MTS, where I can get them. Perhaps this weekend I'll get a chance to see if there's a conflict with one of them. I'm not sure how there could be as I'm only adding a line to the end of one of the game functions. Unless you have another mod that changes the "return from work" action somehow.

I found the solution: I put the mod in a subfolder and it did not work. I moved it by putting it higher in the folder and there, it works
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 4:26 PM
Great work on your mod. I think my wife might like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:38 AM
sehr gut
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:54 AM
I do this in real life so it only feels right that my sims do the same. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Thanks for the mod. I don't mind going to work in the work clothes, but especially in a big family, it's nice to change out of them automatically. I do have a question though. Could this be causing a jump bug? It doesn't always happen, but sometimes (usually at the midnight shift change) a new bartender will come onto the lot to replace the one working, and everyone and the bartender will jump away from the bar. I'm not saying it is, but I thought maybe it was trying to change the bartender finishing their shift's outfit, too, but it wasn't working.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:36 AM
Does this mod need to be updated? It's a script mod and most need to be updated. Just checking
Deceased
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
Thanks for the mod. I don't mind going to work in the work clothes, but especially in a big family, it's nice to change out of them automatically. I do have a question though. Could this be causing a jump bug? It doesn't always happen, but sometimes (usually at the midnight shift change) a new bartender will come onto the lot to replace the one working, and everyone and the bartender will jump away from the bar. I'm not saying it is, but I thought maybe it was trying to change the bartender finishing their shift's outfit, too, but it wasn't working.

I got a lot of jump bugs even before writing this. I think it's usually caused by a buggy object on the lot. I had one household that was having many problems and after replacing a dining room table and a shower everything smoothed back out. All I can suggest is to watch what the sims are doing when it happens and try to determine a pattern.

This mod shouldn't affect anything but a sim returning home from work or school. I'll keep my eyes open for any unforeseen effects though, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:42 PM
I got a lot of jump bugs even before writing this. I think it's usually caused by a buggy object on the lot. I had one household that was having many problems and after replacing a dining room table and a shower everything smoothed back out. All I can suggest is to watch what the sims are doing when it happens and try to determine a pattern.

This mod shouldn't affect anything but a sim returning home from work or school. I'll keep my eyes open for any unforeseen effects though, thanks!

Yes, I just took the time to run the game without the mod since I switched to a one sim family where it wasn't needed so much, and it just did it again without it. I know it has to do with the midnight bartender arriving, but other than that, no idea. Thanks for your time.
Page 1 of 4