Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:21 AM Last edited by MissChevus : 16th Dec 2014 at 6:06 AM. Reason: Scoring edit
The Sims 4 Homeless Challenge
The Homeless challenge
(based on the sims 2 version by yinakori)

You are one of the thousands of homeless roaming the streets. With little to nothing in your name,
can you save up enough to buy your own little lot of land and finally leave the streets for good?

Setting up:
Start off with one sim and give them any aspiration or traits you want.
To make it a bit more challenging, give them a fortune aspiration and the
materialistic trait.

The Home Lot:
Buy any vacant lot, then reduce funds to $100.
You cannot have a house or build anything on the small lot.
You are allowed to keep a small garden on the lot.

Objects:
-Only small, non-permanent objects are allowed. Placing anything else on the lot will alert the police to the fact
that you are hiding there and might get you thrown into jail for trespassing.
-No toilets, sinks, stoves, baths, computers (except the slablet) or appliances, etc.
-Only six tiles worth of portable objects will be allowed in your inventory (so for instance, if an object takes up two tiles,
you only have four tiles worth of space left).
-Be reasonable: a large statue, though only taking up one tile, is most definitely not portable. An easel, however, is.
-The grill is obviously not portable, and neither is anything that causes fire. The police would immediately notice you and evict you.
-your smartphone does not count towards the 6-tile limit.

Money Matters
You cannot take a job because of your shabby appearance.
The bills must be paid even if you do not actually own the land.

Needs
As you may have assumed, your survival depends upon using the community lots..
-Most community lots will have sinks/toilets you can use, and you can use grills in the park or the
neighborhood hangouts to make food.
-You can visit your neighbor's house only if you are friends with them and only for 4 hours at a
time. No sleeping in their bed except for after woohoo.
-I decided to change the rules on sleeping, so you can nap on benches at community
lots to keep your energy up.
-You cannot get the motive related traits like hardly hungry and steel bladder.
-You cannot create an all-in-one community lot specifically for this challenge

Finishing the Challenge:
The basic goal of it all is to earn $20,000 any way possible.
-You can earn simoleons by fishing and gardening. You can find plants all around
the neighborhood. You can also sell items you dig up and frogs which you can breed for rare varieties.
-You may also (as mentioned) use the easel to sell paintings.
-You can move people in with you and/or woohoo with whoever you wish (except for sims from other playable households),
but no cheats are allowed in the process.
-You may move one person in only.
-If a townie does move in, they MUST quit their job (AKA get fired for not going).
-You may not control the townie.
-You must bring the townie with you at all times (if you go to a community lot, you must bring them.)
-No dates or parties. Period.

After earning $20,000 you can apply to be the owner of the abandoned lot you
sometimes haunt (AKA your Home lot), and the challenge is over.

Disaster
If your poor sim dies, you do have ONE grace quit without saving in case of a situation impossible to survive
as a hobo in. That's all. Once you get over that, you lose the challenge.

Additional Option:
* If you want a harder challenge, you are allowed to get pregnant or adopt, but this will make the challenge
much harder because you have to worry about your child's needs and put them ahead of yours. If you
choose this option, you can control your child except for when they are in school. Children can only
have four tiles worth of placeable objects in their inventory since they can't carry as much as an adult.
Homework does not count. Your child can help you make money, but only after their homework
is finished and all of their motives are green.
* You can also play as a runaway teen. This will make the challenge harder since you'll still have to
go to school and will be there most of the day. Also, teens are only limited to five tiles worth of
place-able objects in their inventory since they can't carry as much as an adult. . Homework
does not count towards the five tile limit
Scoring:
+100 for every friend you make
+200 for every good friend you make
+500 additionally for every love
+10 for every skill point
+1 for every satisfaction point
+1000 for every $10,000 (so at the end, if you finish, you’ll get 2,000 points automatically)
-100 for every enemy
-10 for every day that it takes to get to 20,000

Kids and Teens Option:
+200 for ending this challenge with an A on your child's report cart. You can also get 100
points if you play as a teen and end this challenge (or age up) with an A.
+100 for ending this challenge with a B.
-50 for ending this challenge with a D.
-100 for ending this challenge with a F.
+50 if your child aged up in a good mood. The same goes for teens aging up to YA in a good mood.
-50 for children aging up in a bad mood. The same goes for teens aging up to YA in a bad mood.
+100 for playing this challenge with a child in your household (either from adoption, getting pregnant, or cas).
+100 for playing this challenge as a runaway teen.

Edit: I finally finished the challenge with a score of 4810.
It took 19 simdays for Kylie to make 20,000. Now I'm off to
make them a shack. I posted all the pics from my
progress to my simblr.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:04 PM
I found this challenge a little bit too easy in sims 2 & sims 3, so I went for the most difficult
option this time. Here are some pics:

Sims 4 Homeless Challenge - Day 1

My Challenge Sims:

Kylie and Maya Walden were saddened by the sudden loss of their father. They were given two choices wait for social services to
pick them up and send them to a group home where they would be split up or run away together. Since the two sisters cared for
each other and didn't want to be separated they decided to run away from their old town of Oasis Springs to Willow Creek hoping
no one would recognize them there. Running short on time, the two girls had to leave their prized possessions and momentos behind.

Kylie, now a teen, only wants to make money to support her sister. She's quite creative and a bit of a slob.

Maya is a creative sim and wants to be a violinist when she grows up. She is really outgoing and likes to make new friends.

All they had in the world was each other and the 100 simoleons Kylie and Maya kept in their piggy bank. They found a vacant lot
that's perfect for hiding out in. Now their off to the park to make some money so the girls can buy the first objects they want.
Kylie wants a easel because she thinks painting is something she would be good at since she is creative, and good painting can
sell for lots of simoleons. Maya wants a violin since that is her favorite instrument.

Kylie tries to catch some fish with no luck whatsoever.

Maya decided to fish, too. She had better luck than Kylie and laughed as she flaunted her catch in her sisters face.

Kylie was finally able to catch up with her little sis by catching a weird-looking tree fish.

The two girls sold what fish they had caught. They had made 76 simoleans. Way to go Kylie & Maya! With their new found
earnings, Kylie decided to make some veggie burgers as a treat since both the girls were getting famished from all of that fishing.

After they ate their dinner, they did their homework and talked for a bit. Then Maya wanted to go play on the pirate ship with the other kids.
While Maya was sliding the plank, Kylie met a cute boy (I forgot his name) and they chatted and joked around. It was getting chilly, so
Kylie snuggled up with him. She was worried that he wouldn't like her, but to her surprise, he actually did. Kylie really liked this boy, but
she was unsure whether he would keep her secret or not.

After the boy left, Kylie saw a trash can in a vacant area and decided to scrounge around to see if she could find anything useful.

She was so disappointed that she didn't find anything but moldy tofu dogs in the trash. Oh well. Maybe next time, Kylie. After
washing off in the ladies room, Kylie went to check on Maya. She was surprised to find her little sister asleep on a park bench.

She didn't have the heart to wake her little sister up, so she found an easel nearby and decided to try painting.

She was disappointed that her first painting only made her 13 simoleons, but she promised herself she would try again because
she wants to get better at it. After selling her not so masterpiece painting, she saw Maya sit up and yawn drowsily. Yep. it was
definitely time to go home.

.. to be continued

Simblr
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:39 AM
Started this, but the first Aspiration includes "Have $10,000 in Reserve", and it shows as already satisfied. How do I get rid of that?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
Started this, but the first Aspiration includes "Have $10,000 in Reserve", and it shows as already satisfied. How do I get rid of that?

Mine did that too. You could just subtract the 75 satisfaction points since I don't think there is any way of getting
rid of it. I tried changing aspirations and it didn't work. I just decided to let her keep the 75 points since she
will accomplish that before the challenge ends anyway.

Simblr
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:16 AM
How do I "subtract the 75 satisfaction points"?

Also, please advise re "sleep on the floor at your home lot". I have sent my Sim back to her empty home lot, and she will sleep (on the sidewalk, with her butt in the air, for 10 minutes at a time only). I assume beds aren't allowed?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:36 AM
I use this mod to subtract points since I can only find
cheats to add them. If you dl this mod, make sure you're switched to the right
sim and type satisfaction -75. I have tested this in game and it works.

About the sims collapsing, I experienced this yesterday so I know what you mean. I decided to
change the rules so sims can nap on community lots.

Simblr
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 10:51 AM
Do the points do anything? What are those for, maybe you could like add a reward or something once they achieved it? BTW love this challenge gonna try it soon
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 3:26 PM
You said above: "You cannot create an all-in-one community lot specifically for this challenge."

You added an easel to a community lot--what/how much can we add?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
You said above: "You cannot create an all-in-one community lot specifically for this challenge."
You added an easel to a community lot--what/how much can we add?

I'm glad that both of you decided to do the challenge. An all-in-one community lot has all venues
(bar, museum, gym, library, and park) on one lot, kinda like a plaza or a shopping center.
This makes it a bit too easy since your sim can stay on one lot all day long and have
everything at hand to fill their motives. You can add whatever you like to a community lot
as long as it fits in with the surroundings. I added an easel at the park so sims can
paint the pretty scenery. I added a refrigerator to the Blue Velvet so the mixologists can use
it to get ingredients for their drinks, and my under-age sims can get milk, orange juice, or chips
from it since I don't think they can order from the bar. If I find out they can, I'll probably delete it.

@Diversion, Satisfaction points can be used to buy rewards like motive restoring potions and
new traits. It doesn't matter to me if you decide to keep the extra 75 points because your sim
will get it anyway before they finish the challenge.

Simblr
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 3:01 AM
MissChevus, I'm not talking about the satisfaction points, I'm talking about the other points, the scoring points
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diversion
MissChevus, I'm not talking about the satisfaction points, I'm talking about the other points, the scoring points

Sorry bout that. The points are for scoring your progress mainly. If you want to use them for a reward, you
could let the number of points determine how big your sims's house will be. Like you could say:
under 5,000 points - shack
5,000 points - small house
7,500 points - medium house
10,000 points - large house
20,000 points - mansion

Then you can make their house using money cheats if you get large house or mansion, but keep in
mind the bigger the house is, the bigger the bills.

Simblr
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:06 AM
Can we build things on the lot as we get money?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jezzikah22
Can we build things on the lot as we get money?

You can't build anything until the challenge is over. If you're looking for a challenge
where you build a house a bit at a time as you get money, you should try the from
the ground up challenge. It's fun as well.

Simblr
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 11:52 PM
i think im going to do this challenge. i have always built as I go but I think I need the challenge that this offers. I will be putting them up on youtube too i think
#15 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 12:55 AM
On the subject of building on the home lot, last month I wrote a Sims 4 homeless challenge that allows it. The challenge can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534217 . I haven't asked the moderators to move it here to the Challenges section because I was afraid it might be too similar with your challenge, MissChevus. Please tell me if you think that it's not different enough or that there is no room for two homeless challenges here, because if you do, I will naturally not bring it here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 1:52 AM
@Aislynne, It's fine with me if you want to post your challenge on this board. I always though more = better
when it comes to challenges, so people will have different play-styles to choose from.

@jezzikah22, Cool. I'm glad you want to give it a try. I can't wait to see your LP.on YouTube.

Simblr
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissChevus
You can't build anything until the challenge is over. If you're looking for a challenge
where you build a house a bit at a time as you get money, you should try the from
the ground up challenge. It's fun as well.

What is from the ground up challenge? I can't find anything about it anyplace.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 12:23 AM Last edited by MissChevus : 16th Oct 2014 at 12:36 AM.
There used to be a challenge I liked when I played sims 3 called the from the ground up challenge.
Here are some basic rules.

- Make 5-8 young adult sims and put them on an empty lot.
- These sims are not allowed to get jobs.
- Do not fulfill any of their whims on purpose.
- Give them only 1000 simoleons to start out with to cover the first week of bills.
- Each sim can buy 1 item with what’s left of the money but it must be an item that is needed for their aspiration.
- Each sim must do their part to make money to survive and make sure the bills are paid.
- What money is left over after bills must be used to build their room of the house.
- Each sim is responsible for building one room of the house.
- The challenge ends when the house is finished or all of the sims become adults (if you want to make it longer)

I post my progress on my simblr if you want to check it out.

Simblr
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:57 AM
There used to be a challenge I liked when I played sims 3 called the from the ground up challenge.
Here are some basic rules.

- Make 5-8 young adult sims and put them on an empty lot.
- These sims are not allowed to get jobs.
- Do not fulfill any of their whims on purpose.
- Give them only 1000 simoleons to start out with to cover the first week of bills.
- Each sim can buy 1 item with what’s left of the money but it must be an item that is needed for their aspiration.
- Each sim must do their part to make money to survive and make sure the bills are paid.
- What money is left over after bills must be used to build their room of the house.
- Each sim is responsible for building one room of the house.
- The challenge ends when the house is finished or all of the sims become adults (if you want to make it longer)

I post my progress on my simblr if you want to check it out.

I think I might try this in Sims 4. Thanks for the info.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:23 AM
This challenge brings me totally different experience of play, especially when I started to feel bored to play Sims 4. It's wonderful! However, I have couple of suggestions for the playing and scoring rules.

I would suggest score more for best friend and BFF.

It takes more effort to have the kids with grade A, so I think it should score more than making friends. Also, under such a tough environment, it needs courage for marriage and kids for a responsible sims, so I think the scoring system should gives him higher bonus.

I don't think the initial requirement to set 'Fortune aspiration - fabulously wealthy' is necessary, because the goal of the challenge is different from the goal of this aspiration. I wonder why we have to set this up, and then we will have trouble to extract 75 satisfaction points when the game starts and then add it back when the sim really owns 10,000 simoleons for the sake of fairness.

How to make the sim's life easier under the tough environment? I would suggest:
  • Build a babeque and dining place in a seperated venue and set the type of venue to Generic. The sim only cook and eat there, after that, leave ASAP. The food will not spoil after your sim leaving. It functions like a 'natural refrigerator' and saves your sim a lot of simoleons and time. No NPC will come to share your food without invitation. Thanks to the 'great features' of Sims 4.
  • Place a bench and toilet facilities in the park, a shower facility in the Gym and make them close to the dropping points of traveling. It would make everything like teleporting. Walking is too time consuming in the Sims games. It takes too much time to walk to the regular facilities.
  • Don't buy too many rewards for the score's sake.

Hope these will not violate the rules.

Questions:
  • Could we build a two-tile wall to display paintings for the milestone of 'Have 25 Paintings on Display'? It will be removed after the completion of milestone.
  • Could we buy two workout equipments for the milestone 'Own 2 Pieces of Workout Equipment'? It definitely will violated the rules of the challenge, just like easel which is not a portable piece, too. We could remove the equipments after the completion of milestone, though.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:58 AM
I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge. The fortune aspiration requirement was left over from the
sims 2 challenge. Now that the sims' aspirations don't have much to do with the wants they roll, it
doesn't matter as much as it used to. You can change it to something else if you want. I will add
extra scoring for having good friends, but not for BFFs because your sim can only have one. I will
also raise the score for getting an A in school. About your questions, adding things on the lot just
for aspirations should be fine as long as they are removed afterwards. I hope this clears up any
problems you've had while doing the challenge.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:56 AM
I've just finished the challenge. It takes me 12 sims-days. The score is 11408. Not sure it's calculated correctly. Happy to play this challenge. Thanks!

I keep my sim did the painting, that helps make the fortune quickly. Gardening is slow because he doesn't stay at the active lot too much time. Nap, dining, bath are all in other venues. The plants growing are seriously suppressed. That also make my sim could not spend too much time on the skill. Don't use fishing, it's not a money making tool in Sims 4. It's even awfully non-efficient in Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:58 AM
I just saw the easel you used in the last picture. That easel is locked and it's not possible to buy in this challenge without using the mod :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
I just saw the easel you used in the last picture. That easel is locked and it's not possible to buy in this challenge without using the mod :p

That was just the easel at the park. Her easel at the home lot was the cheapo one. Nice job finishing the
challenge. You did a whole lot better than I did.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:19 PM
That was just the easel at the park. Her easel at the home lot was the cheapo one. Nice job finishing the
challenge. You did a whole lot better than I did.

I think I cheat it a bit by shortening the walking distance as much as possible. Walking takes too much time is the most unrealistic part of the Sims games.

Thanks again for the great challenge and quick respons.
Page 1 of 2