Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:13 PM
Default Inheriting eye colors that don't exist
My sim aged up to child and she's got those weird placeholder eyes.

But the thing is, both her parents have default eyes. Her dad has the extreme Harry Potter green eyes and her mom has the almost-black brown.

She's first generation, and this is Sims 4, so there isn't any possibility of there being a deleted non-default somewhere in the mix. Her brother turned out fine:

I'm also having issues with this particular sim changing her hair color every time she changes clothes. No matter how many times I try to fix it, she's gone through the whole rainbow at least twice. Like, I understand that if it were free, I'd dye my hair four times a day also, but come on, kid, turning it black and then bleaching it is not good for you! Plus it's painful and the fumes will give you a massive headache.

This isn't supposed to happen, right? Is my game corrupted? Do I need to delete some sort of cache file, or wait for a patch?

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:43 PM
Why do you say

Quote: Originally posted by nurny
this is Sims 4, so there isn't any possibility of there being a deleted non-default somewhere in the mix.

.. because you've never downloaded or deleted any?

Deleting non defaults is apparently an issue in TS4 -- see here http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=534927

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:18 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I downloaded a couple of non-defaults a while ago, looked at them, then deleted them, before this household was even created. I don't have ANY sims saved with non-default eyes. I have a default replacement in, though.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?