Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dangerous Cowplants

by alexnidhogg Posted 19th Oct 2014 at 1:25 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2014 at 6:39 AM by alexnidhogg : Added additional customization for cowplant lifespan

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:28 AM
Awesome!!! This really needed tweaking.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:33 AM
my cowplant died while i tried to lure a neighbor to it. it sure dies awful quick, like 10 min after it gets hungry. and my ghost sim autonomously took a piece of cake before i could stop him, but the neighbor wasn't hungry i guess. it sure was a pain and not sure i want to do this again.

does your mod make it harder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
my cowplant died while i tried to lure a neighbor to it. it sure dies awful quick, like 10 min after it gets hungry. and my ghost sim autonomously took a piece of cake before i could stop him, but the neighbor wasn't hungry i guess. it sure was a pain and not sure i want to do this again.

does your mod make it harder?

I've only modified the "Eat Cake" interactions. I'm not sure why it would die so fast. Did it die 10 minutes after it became hungry in in-game time or real-time?
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexnidhogg
I've only modified the "Eat Cake" interactions. I'm not sure why it would die so fast. Did it die 10 minutes after it became hungry in in-game time or real-time?

I have had two cow plants also and was very disappointed in it. The family went to the park did some fishing and returned to a dead cowplant. I tried to be real careful with my second and kept it fed. My original SIM was very near death - a family member talked the reaper into resurrecting me twice. I invited several of the townie friends over to see if I could get them eaten and not one of them even paid attention to this supposedly "rare" plant. All the townies left "alive". I went to feed the cowplant and it was dead.
I was thinking about your question as to the time - and the person that posted seemed to have the same experience as I did. I would say his estimate is right - seemed like maybe 10 "real" time minutes. They were also correct in saying taking care of this plant and trying to get life essence from it is a pain in the - well you know. :/

I am putting your mod into my game and would love it so much if I found that sometime in the future you tweaked it a bit to make it die a bit slower if not fed. Geesh it made a cake come out of it's mouth - if it were that hungry wouldn't it eat the cake?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:36 AM
I could have a look and see if I can make another version with increased lifespan, but it might take a while as this was my first mod and I'm still trying to understand how the game systems work. If I'm lucky, it might just mean changing a number somewhere in the Cowplant object tuning file though. I think the cake is also part of it's tongue, it wouldn't want to eat itself, would it? :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:23 AM Last edited by alexnidhogg : 19th Oct 2014 at 6:24 AM. Reason: improper grammar
Quote: Originally posted by joyelaine
I am putting your mod into my game and would love it so much if I found that sometime in the future you tweaked it a bit to make it die a bit slower if not fed. Geesh it made a cake come out of it's mouth - if it were that hungry wouldn't it eat the cake?

So it appears that the Cowplant's internal hunger decreases over time. Going from full to 50% in ~12 sim hours and 50% to 0% in another 12 sim hours. A tweak of this seems rather simple to do. I've made some versions of the file with 1/2, 1/3, and 1/5 hunger decay. I'll upload these shortly under the files section.
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:43 AM
Lol......I just adopt a kid age him up and then get him eaten by the cowplant. That way I don't lose the sims I love.....
Thanks for this mod it is well needed....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:08 PM
I really love the fact that you have come up with a mod that adds life to the cowplants. I have had two cowplants die because they didn't eat one night. Literally, one night. Drives me INSANE. Sims NEVER approach the stupid thing and it dies within minutes of growing up. I really appreciate you for modding both aspects of this item as it made it extremely disappointing.

I'm sorry if you already answered this but I was a little confused and wanted to ask directly. If I download one mod that says it just modifies the length of the plants lifetime, will the danger factor also be modified as well or should I download both of the files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FoggyClovilah
I'm sorry if you already answered this but I was a little confused and wanted to ask directly. If I download one mod that says it just modifies the length of the plants lifetime, will the danger factor also be modified as well or should I download both of the files?

The hunger decay mods will only modify how long it takes the Cowplants to get hungry and die of hunger. On their own, they won't change the eat cake interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:44 PM
I've always loved the cowplants, and part of their charm is the danger of keeping one. Thank you for giving them some love.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:20 AM
My cow plant died in 10 real time minutes. I gave up on it. Be nice if we could slow down the cowplant's hunger.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
My cow plant died in 10 real time minutes. I gave up on it. Be nice if we could slow down the cowplant's hunger.

The bottom 3 files reduce cowplant hunger decay, making them live 2x/3x/5x longer without needing food. The 5x one will make them live for 5 in-game days without food. I think that should be long enough. :S
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:14 AM
yeah, thanks, maybe i'll give the cowplant another try, found lots of seeds in outer space.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:52 PM
Thank-you! I am going to use this to kill my sim's second husband now that her first husband has returned as a ghost.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:50 AM
Is there any way you can make it so visiting sims feel more tempted into eating the cake? I'm finding it insanely difficult to get them to eat the cake.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RagnarokJ
Is there any way you can make it so visiting sims feel more tempted into eating the cake? I'm finding it insanely difficult to get them to eat the cake.

I'm not sure. They should try to eat it if they're hungry though.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM
Hm..well, it didn't work out. My sim's husband ate the cake 5 times and got spit out each time. I fenced him in with the plant, and he is now close to starving.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Hm..well, it didn't work out. My sim's husband ate the cake 5 times and got spit out each time. I fenced him in with the plant, and he is now close to starving.

If a Sim has the drained buff then they'll get eaten and spat out. The mod works by swapping the requirements for the interactions, so you have to wait for the drained buff to wear off. This can happen only if a Sim had the drained buff before installing the mod, as there's no way for a Sim to get the drained buff without already having it on a Sim when the mod was installed.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 8:37 PM
Ah okay! Thank-you!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:17 AM
LET THE BLOODBATH BEGIN.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:34 PM
I got the mods and put them in the way it says but I vant find it. Where is it located?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blueniles
I got the mods and put them in the way it says but I vant find it. Where is it located?

Make sure to unpack the .zip files. Also, I recommend using Raxdiam's mod manager, as it'll open up the right folders for you and take care of some configuration issues like setting up resource.cfg. By default, the mod files go under *DRIVE:*\Users\*USER*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:00 PM
The mod doesn't seem to work anymore in my game. Not sure if this is due to the last patch or not
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [Black_Spirit]
The mod doesn't seem to work anymore in my game. Not sure if this is due to the last patch or not

Yeah, I can't use this mod either. My game kept on crashing after adding in the mods.
Page 1 of 2