Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:45 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Nov 2014 at 6:07 PM.
Default 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0xCEB31003C33D903C
I just realised that 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0xCEB31003C33D903C seems to somehow be crucial for the survival of walls with a bump/spec

That is this image:

Compare and contrast:

The MATD for medium height has this reference, the short one does not. No other difference.

Just an observation .. I have no idea what the deeper meaning of this is
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:28 AM
isnt this the cube map referred to in the talk of spec files .. when you create a wall with high spec , u will see a giant white square in the "reflection" that is this if im correct ....
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 4:06 AM
What do you mean by "in the talk of spec files"? Do you have a link?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
heres the link

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...es-in-photoshop

simgurumeatball replied to my post about spec files on the forums and said this

"FYI - our spec maps are fairly complicated, a quick overview how its set up (for Characters) is as follows:

R = cube map blur control
G = cube map strength control
B = specular falloff
Alpha = specular strength "

so thats definatly the cube map , the spec file relates to how the cube map is utilized within the game ?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:36 PM
I guess it´s similar to that reflectionkitchenhighcontrast-envcube-thing in S2.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims