Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

PTME - Emotional Overcharge (Social Interaction Tuning)

by FlorianPTME Posted 25th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM - Updated 31st Jul 2016 at 2:24 AM by FlorianPTME

317 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 240 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:44 PM
This sounds really interesting! I have a hot-headed sim that basically doesn't do anything related to her trait because the angry emote gets buried in her perpetually happy aura. Will this mod do anything to help push her to being angry? Zerbu's uncomfortable changes hasn't really seemed to help with it :\

Either way, I'll be trying this mod out!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:03 PM
I have to double check with hot heads (I think I only changed evil and mean) but hot heads should get angry more often and being angry has a huge impact. Also does the relationship to your sim, a technical thread can be found in the modding forum here at MTS.

Also I will be happy to tune the mod further, after all it is a simulation (and a real complex one). So you might not see the changes right away because there is always this random factor that you just can't get rid of (and also shouldn't). But please submit your comments or participate in the modding thread!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:21 AM
I had some thoughts about the hothead problem... I tune the social interactions by the resulting mood so the sim has to be angry in total. If your sim is happy, she will do happy things even with this mod (which is intended). Having the mean and evil traits would help but I can also add this tuning to the hot head trait in a future version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:24 AM
great mode with top ideas...keep it coming..i love what you have done
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FlorianPTME
I had some thoughts about the hothead problem... I tune the social interactions by the resulting mood so the sim has to be angry in total. If your sim is happy, she will do happy things even with this mod (which is intended). Having the mean and evil traits would help but I can also add this tuning to the hot head trait in a future version.

Okay, so with the current version, because she has to be angry (not just happy overall, with the angry hotheaded moodlet) it wouldn't make her do the angry reactions. That makes sense, if she's overall happy then she should be doing happy things. I guess what I need is a mod that makes the hothead mood have more impact lol! I didn't want to give her evil or mean, because she's nice but just gets cranky often ^_^

It would be really awesome if you could add tuning for hot head trait in a future version!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:12 AM
I have a look at it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:15 AM
So will this conflict with Zerbu's Buff Emotion Changes? You mentioned that they work well together, but did you have to merge them into one file to avoid conflicts?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:19 AM
I'll try this out! Much needed I think!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:26 AM
definitely gonna play around with this! thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:26 AM
I use Zerbu's for myself but I merged both into one file. Works great. I am not even sure if Zerbu touches the mood buffs I think he just alters the uncomfortable buff. I have a look at that tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:55 AM
So if I open your mod in SimPE and import Zerbu's Uncomfortable Changes mod and save that as a new package, that should work? Should I choose to reject or override duplicates? I've been using Zerbu's old unpacked Buff mod without the Uncomfortable changes, so I guess this is as good a time as any to upgrade to his newest version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
You have to import mine first, then the other ones with "override duplicates" selected. So for example, if the other mod overrides the angry buffs you lose my tuning there but everything else is still in place. Maybe there is not even a conflict here because I am tuning the invisible mood buffs (not the different buffs you see).

Also if there is a conflict with a popular mod I can always see if I can make them compatible.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:11 AM
This sounds like what the game should've been like in the first place.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:21 AM
It is a lot more like I expected it to be at least. In the modding forum there is a technical thread about the tuning feel free to check that out as well. It's a pretty complex system they have in place here but also very powerful. So if you don't like the outcome in certain situations or have any ideas please share them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:54 AM
Thanks, seems really interesting, cant wait to try it out :) atm trying to figure out how to decompile and recompile a mods so i can use it with zerbu's :)
Only question, do i have to manually pull a save outta savegame folder prior to keep a safe or just removing your mods if something happen (like i dont use it) will just do the trick :) will try to figure that out too ;)
Thanks again :) Seems a beautifull jobs :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:03 AM
You can use S4PE to package the mods. I am not even sure if they conflict at all I *think* that I am changing different buffs. For your save game it won't corrupt or something. Just save to a new file so you can always go back if your sims made some stupid decisions.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:20 AM
Sounds excited. That's talented! and it's exactly the sims4 needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:59 AM
This seems great! I can't believe what a cool idea this is, and how much skill and time it must've taken to implement! Kudos!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:55 AM
Awsome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:35 AM
the sims4 "nrass" thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:39 PM
keep going on ,I will wait and read the Comments when this wunderfull mod works fine ,then Iwill download it to! thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:38 PM
obrigado,melhor mod ate agora!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:12 PM
I made a new but although it is attached when I edit the post I don't see it in files at the moment... I am working on it, stay tuned!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:09 PM
They are back, sorry!
Page 1 of 13