Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Arboretum Map View Visibility Change

by Don Babilon Posted 29th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2018 at 8:21 AM by Don Babilon : Update announcement

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 2:45 AM
I feel really stupid to ask but what purpose does this serve?? Thank you, RH
Inventor
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 4:01 AM
I'm kind of confused by the screenshots. Do you mean the map tag for the lot appears alongside the map tag for the arboretum? I'd love to see that for ALL the rabbitholes. But your screenshots don't seem to show a map tag for the lot beside the rabbithole tag.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:46 AM
I just wanted to leave a comment for the little note at the end. So funny! ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:57 AM
Thanks to your thread and Arsil's answer I now know how to make both blue and red tags visible even when I put Jynx and Margaret Pendragon's rabbit holes on a specific lot! And the Arboretum is just the begining

I really love the mod's presentation too!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:28 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 30th Oct 2014 at 6:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by skyeseeker
I feel really stupid to ask but what purpose does this serve?? Thank you, RH

Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
I'm kind of confused by the screenshots. Do you mean the map tag for the lot appears alongside the map tag for the arboretum? I'd love to see that for ALL the rabbitholes. But your screenshots don't seem to show a map tag for the lot beside the rabbithole tag.

Yes, it does exactly that. The map tag for the lot now appears alongside the map tag of the Arboretum. Sorry if the screenshots are confusing. I'll try to find a better solution. For me it looked clear enough. The first screenshot shows several lots on which I placed an Arboretum - 4 Hangouts, 1 Gym, 1 Beach and 1 Art Gallery - all their map tags are gone in the first pic. In the second pic, with the mod installed, the lot tags are visible again alongside the Arboretum tag.

Now, as to the purpose. Let me give you an example: In one of my games I have placed the Arboretum on an Elixir Consignment Store lot. They work nicely together but the rabbithole map behaviour made it such that I couldn't choose the consignment store anymore from map view when I wanted to visit it. I had only three options: either click on the Arboretum and send my Sims there first or go into Map View, zoom in into the lot and then choose either "Go Here" or click on the walls of the store building and choose "Visit Aleister's". With this mod I can choose the last option "Visit Aleister's" directly from Map view.
The Vault of Antiquity does excatly that already. In Moonlight Falls it's on a library lot and does not replace the Library map tag, you can choose to either visit the Vault or the Library. All I did in this mod is have the Arboretum act like the Vault of Antiquity in that respect.

I can see the need to have this for all rabbitholes. And I will do the same for the Gypsy Caravan sometime soon. I started with the Arboretum because it is small and fits on many lots (as does the caravan). It is, of course, possible to do this for all other rabbitholes and it would be handy for those who have multiple rabbitholes on one lot and have the lot itself tagged as a special lot type, too. But this would require that I edit every rabbithole in the game and would take some extra time. Personally I don't feel the need to do this with the large rabbitholes, like the Hospital or the Science building, because they are ususally on No Visitors Allowed lots and occupy the whole lot anyway. But yeah, maybe I will do it in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback. I will edit the screenshots now in any case

Edit: Ok, I changed the screenshots. Hopefully this will make it clearer what this mod actually does.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:11 PM
The screenshot is a lot clearer to me! Thanks!

I now see what you were showing before. I think I just got blinded by all the map tags :-p.

I never needed an explanation of the mod's usefulness, though. I have the arboretum on a park lot in my current world. And I have the Gypsy Caravan on a fishing spot.

Yeah, I see what you mean about needing to edit all the rabbitholes. I guess the rabbitholes usually placed on parks are the most logical ones. It's also pretty common to have shopping plazas that share things like grocery store, theater, bookstore, spa, blah blah.
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:40 PM
I am actually trying to figure out something else at the moment, because I noticed that Showtime venues are still visible next to a rabbithole, even though the rabbithole is not set to do that. Maybe this reverse approach might prove more useful. But I'm still searching for the relevant resource.
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:48 AM
What world is in the screenshots? It looks gorgeous!!

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
What world is in the screenshots? It looks gorgeous!!
It's Roaring Heights, from the Store.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 4:04 PM
Thanks for the mod! Unfortunately, I had to take it out because Dashboard reports a conflict with bluegenjutsu's NPCexitallRabbitholesin2Minutes over at the Simsasylum.
Even if there is nothing to be done about it, I thought you might want to know.
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Thanks for the mod! Unfortunately, I had to take it out because Dashboard reports a conflict with bluegenjutsu's NPCexitallRabbitholesin2Minutes over at the Simsasylum.
Even if there is nothing to be done about it, I thought you might want to know.
Ah yes, I see. I will update the main page to include this mod as a conflict. Thank you for the report!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 3:27 PM
Any chance of doing this for the fortune teller rabbit hole?
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by en0ush
Any chance of doing this for the fortune teller rabbit hole?
I did already and most of the other rabbitholes, too. I just need someone to either go through the whole upload process for me or kick me hard enough to "encourage" me to do it myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 9:10 PM
Hi @Don_Babilon I am working on a lot that ties into my O'Dourke brothers download, is Halloween related, and since it is a store, will qualify for the September theme, assuming I upload it by Sept. 30. I was testing the lot and realized that the Gypsy Caravan is overriding the elixir store map tag. I knew about this, but I had forgotten since I haven't used the Gypsy Caravan in a long time. I searched for a mod and was led here. It seems you have an unreleased tuning mod that would correct this ridiculous choice by EA. So I am here to ask, pretty please can you upload this mod?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 12:10 AM
I don't know about the ridiculousness of that choice, because all rabbitholes except for the Vault of Antiquity and the Mausoleum do this. But I agree, it is annoying and I should really find some time to upload them all in a separate post. Check your PMs in the meantime.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 5:05 PM
Hi @Don Babilon

Could you please give me a download link of your unreleased mod? I'd love to see this fixed for other rabbitholes as well!
You still have that mod, don't you?

By the way, this is awesome! It's much easier to visit community lots that have this Arboretum rabbithole.
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 1:44 PM
Hm, it's been almost a year, but I think that I sent the mod via a link that expires after a while because it's not on my mediafire account. I'd need to reupload it somewhere, best perhaps here on MTS.
But it'll take a while. I'm very busy at the moment. Sorry!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:35 PM
Ah, that's OK!
Take the time you need for it. No need to apology. I can wait... hopefully! :D
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 3:15 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I have a tendency to build a single lot in most worlds to hold the Gypsy Caravan, Arboretum, Vault of Antiquity, and Alchemy shop. So as long as the Caravan also doesn't interfere with map tags, this appears to be exactly what I was looking for.
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 3:59 PM
The caravan will, I'm afraid. It'd require a separate mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:01 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for, awesome that your mod came up first doing a web search. It pained me that I couldn't click on and have my Sims visit the big park (etc.) because the Arboretum was sitting on the same lot. Thank you so much! *Well, they could visit the big park, but the map tag was missing, and I like map tags.
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:09 AM
Update: This thread has sort of become obsolete now. There's a newer thread by me: Clutter Your Map - Rabbithole Map View Visibility Changes that offers mods for almost every rabbithole in the game. I have re-added the arboretum there and it can now also be downloaded in the set of Supernatural rabbitholes. I have made no changes to the mod itself, though, it is still the same here and there.