Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:14 PM
when i was in primary school i was obsessed Bratz Pixiez, when it was break time at school i use to pretend i was a pixie. i also had a friend in a lower year group who use to pretend to be Bratz Pixiez and we use run around on the school field pretending we were flying.

thinking about flying, when i was in primary school i use to run up and down the path with my arms out, on very windy days thinking that if i run fast enough i would be able to fly.

i use to have six or seven imaginary friends but i can only remember the name of one of them who was called Ruby. I use to pretend i was doing acrobats with them on the 'play ground' when i was at primary school but i got bored of having imaginary friends a short time so i just stopped imagining them.

another weird thing i did was when i was walking home from primary school with my mum i use to sing songs i made up to my self out loud to keep myself entertained because i live quite far from the primary school i went to but it got on my mum's nerves.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
Above reminds me of pretending to be a horse; a few of us horse-crazy girls would find stuff to jump over on the edges of the huge school yard, and run around whinnying. I could jump SO high - I was proud. And we tasted all the weeds and crap.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:32 PM
Eating weeds, flowers, leaves, tree bark, earth, drinking my own pee and even worse (at least according to my mom)... Been there, done that! I always ended up disappointed.
Inventor
#54 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:35 PM Last edited by stitch_too : 4th Dec 2014 at 11:48 PM.
my dad used to eat worms, so said my gran and that's why he got appendicitis!

and the tale about me eating dog biscuits was because my gran used to buy a box of winalot dog biscuits, and put it on the window ledge in our dining area, and one day, I found the box open so I sat on the ledge (the window came down to the floor), put my hand in the box and tried one. I liked it, so I eated another and another... I didn't eat the whole boxful. if I had, i'd've been in deep shit. I also used to eat oxo cubes.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
#55 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:03 AM
I wrote the word "potty" on a Valentine's Day thing and I got my first detention. I was eight years old.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:31 PM
I was talking to my sister today about some silly stuff she remembers about my childhood:

This one time, I'm not sure how old I was but I'd say around the age of early childhood when I could form proper sentences. My Mum and my neighbor were sat on the wall that disconnects our garden to theirs, and I think maybe my Mum had left something in the cooker while she chatted and I had walked into the garden and said "Mummy, is the kitchen suppose to be on fire?" - she ran straight into the kitchen to find it was in fact not on fire, I was just asking a random question.

When I was 4 and a half, I use to be obsessed with the film 'the lost boys', but I hated the ending where one of the vampires dies. So I kept begging my Mum to buy me a new DVD where he doesn't die at the end. I was so obsessed with this, that my Mum said "I called the makers of it and they said that when you turn 5 they'll give you a new dvd where he doesn't die" - she thought I'd forget by my 5th birthday, but I'm almost 20 and still remember.

Also I use to refer to my sister as a 'slug'. Not sure why. Sometimes I'd just walk up to my Mum and say "Mum, there's a slug on the sofa" or wherever and my Mum would go into the livingroom to get rid of it, only to find my sister sat on the sofa. Then she'd ask me where the slug is and I'd say "Nevermind, it was just Kayleigh. Oops" or point to her until I was told to stop it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#57 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Noa_4ever : 14th Dec 2014 at 4:10 AM. Reason: grammar fixing
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Above reminds me of pretending to be a horse; a few of us horse-crazy girls would find stuff to jump over on the edges of the huge school yard, and run around whinnying. I could jump SO high - I was proud. And we tasted all the weeds and crap.

Ugh, I did this, too, and I wasn't even a horse person. I didn't do it ALL the time, and only did it at home. I would "run" in place, or up and down the hall. I can only imagine how silly I looked on hands and feet trying to jump and run around as fast as I could, trying to bring luck to my dad I seriously thought that if I pretended to be a horse and "ran" like the horse, then that particular horse my dad bet on in the horse races would win (he'd watch them on TV when we used to have cable). If I had to guess my age, it would have been anywhere from 6-7.

I don't know what my dad thought. He doesn't bet anymore, and it's a bit embarrassing to bring up. So I don't.
Inventor
#58 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:39 PM
Default I am fully aware that I was a silly, little weirdo.
1) I used to wake up every morning and wash the bed off my hands.

2) In Bible School when the other kids were using their fingers to finger paint, I used a spoon.

3) Also in Bible School we were supposed to make paint handprints, I refused because I didn't want to get my hands dirty. The teachers tricked me by saying to look at the elephant walking down the road, while another teacher did my hand quickly in paint and on paper. I cried the rest of the day.

4) I changed my name to Rudy, and would NOT answer to anything else. No one (not even me) knows why.

5) My mom feeds baby calves for a living. When they would deliver her feed bags, my sister and I would have them arrange it in a specific way so there was a hole, big enough for us to climb in, in the middle of the stack.

6) I had a small bar of soap my Paw Paw gave me from when he was in the hospital. I asked my mom for a paper towel, then went and washed the calves faces using their water buckets. My mom had to dump all the water and fill their buckets up again.

7) My best friend and I made up a witch named Farty Pooty. We would make up stories about her all the time. These stories often included the Mighty Morhpin Power Rangers. This was all TOP SECRET, as we made sure to tell NOBODY.

8) Not sure if this one counts: Only my best friend from junior high and I knew the difference between a pre-snob and a pro-snob. We privately had talks about who was a pre-snob and who was a pro-snob.

9) I had a little pink purse, and the only thing I carried in it was a cap pistol. I never shot the cap pistol, because I was afraid of the noise.

10) I LOVED glue. I glued a dog once. I was at work with my mom and she was in the other room, while I was playing with glue and construction paper. I had some purple stick glue and when the dog came in the room, I started rubbing the stick glue all over him. When my mom asked me why, I replied, "Everytime he saw the cat his fur stuck up, so I fixed it!"

11) I took my mom's hair gel to use on my Barbies.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 2:31 AM
And reminded of MY OCD, I winch every time I read the title of this thread.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 4:31 AM
I made dirt tacos with big leaves and poison "bird" berries and dried them in the sun on concrete slabs....mind you that's back in the days when kids played outside all the time
Scholar
#61 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
@coolsim22 haha yes I am!!! My mum and I love Bottom :P

Giggity

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
#62 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
... I was a biter.
But only to people I trusted. I never bit strangers.

...Me too. Not really hard or anything. And just...because I thought it would be fun? I was a dumb child.

I also had no common sense in regards to looking after my hair. I got a Thomas the Tank Engine toy one Christmas when I was little, so naturally, I decided to have it run repeatedly over a strand of my hair. Surprise surprise, it got tangled up in the toy's wheels.

Another time, my gran took me to a museum and I think I must've started getting bored, because I had a small battery powered hand held fan that I started dicking around with. Yes, I began holding the blades to my hair to watch it get whipped around. Yes, my hair got very tangled up. Again.

When my gran and me both failed to get me untangled, we had to go to the museum's front desk to ask for a pair of scissors to cut the fan loose. While we were working on getting that done, another employee, a bald man came over and said "that's how I lost my hair!"

...I was deeply unimpressed.

Oh, and I also used to act like a fucking idiot - even more so - and make my friends laugh by opening doors via charging shoulder first into it.
Theorist
#63 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 3:29 PM
My mom planted bamboo in the back yard, traditional style type that gets maybe an inch-inch and half in diameter and grows like CRAZY. It's also super hard to get rid of which becomes in issue maybe 15 year later when we didn't want it anymore, but anyway...

Within a year, maybe, there was about a 7x7 foot square of bamboo taking over the corner of the yard closest to my room so I went out there finding out that I could smash the bamboo and it wouldn't grow super fast after that. I smashed out enough bamboo to make a small room within that 7x7 patch, actually it was a small hallway into the main room which I later turned into a kitchen of sorts. I had half of a large plastic dog crate which became the bed/couch and I'd pretend it was my house. I had even attempted to fashion a front door for my house using the bamboo, but I ended up using the door from the dog crate. I want to say I was like 8 or 9.

Pretty damn sure my inspiration came from reading island of the blue dolphins or watching the movie in class after we read the book. Was still fun to do and the house remained until my parents got rid of the bamboo around the time I was 26.

TL;DR. I built stuff as a child. Also built myself a makeshift tree house in a strangely shaped mesquite tree.

I was also oddly entrepreneurial. I'd always try and sell snow cones or candy out of my front yard for the neighbor kids.

For legit weird stuff. I used to give my barbies haircuts, attempt to dye their hair pink or blue and I'd paint bikinis on them with nail polish or markers.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:59 PM
I use to make mud pies and mud soup which had anything In could find in the garden in the soup or pie, then I tried to make my parents eat It, they just pretended to eat It. When I was five I went into my Nan's garden to take some of her flowers for the mud pie or soup but my mean older cousin caught me and grassed on me so my Nan told me off and I hated my cousin for quite a while for grassing on me also it put me off making mud pies and soups because I was scared my Nan was going to tell me off.
Banned
#65 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 8:05 PM
Spilled milk in the fish tank... when I was an infant. Thought fishes wanted milk. The cloud of milk was like poison gas. #autism
EDIT: HOT DAMN IM A FIELD RESEARCHER
Test Subject
#66 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 6:42 AM
Running head-first into walls were always fun. . .
. . . Actually, because of that, I now have a forehead that reddens miraculously.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 2:42 AM
When I was a child I had OCD. I had to make things always 3 times, wash my hands everytime and just stomp on the white strip of the crosswalk. If I did not make this ritual, I had sure something very bad could happen...
Mad Poster
#68 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 5:24 AM
There was one day when I was 7, when I had been at grandma's that an inchworm hid in my hair. It was on the way to my sister's choir practice that my mother noted how calm I was when they pointed it out. Back then, I was entomophobic (afraid of all creatures that squirm, skitter and skeet, in a word, bugs.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:11 PM
I freaked out, and still freak out, when my bedding is not exactly symmetrical on all directions. I even keep my pillows un the closet until I'm ready to use them, rinse and repeat in the morning. Come to think of it, with the exception of the tiny mini hallway by my door to my bedroom, if my whole room isn't symmetrical, it bugs the hell out of me.

On another note, when I was six, we were cleaning up the classroom after nap, and this girl who had been bullying me was laying covered end to end with her blanket. So I couldn't tell which end was up and I stood on her while stacking chairs.....oops....i stepped on her throat. She lived, and I was genuinely sorry, not just because I was in trouble. The sad part was that the principal was the only one who believed it was an accident.

Later on, in middle school I had this obsession with hanging upside down. No joke, I once even pulled out ceiling tiles and hung upside down against the wall of a neighboring classroom
#70 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:22 PM
I asked my mom if she could help me clean my room. So she did, and I did too, but after awhile I got bored and went downstairs to watch TV. Later she came back and was giving me the evil eye, and when I came back to my room she cleaned all of it
Inventor
#71 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 11:18 PM
I once freaked out at lightning flashing through my gran's kitchen window, when I'd asked for a butty, and before she turned the light on.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Forum Resident
#72 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:34 PM
Yet another weird thing I used to do was fervently wish I could never grow up. At least, not so old that I'd forget how to have fun. I didn't want to be a baby forever, but I didn't want to be an uncreative money-grubbing old coot either. Now I'm occasionally a nasty little coot instead. :/

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Theorist
#73 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
10) I LOVED glue. I glued a dog once. I was at work with my mom and she was in the other room, while I was playing with glue and construction paper. I had some purple stick glue and when the dog came in the room, I started rubbing the stick glue all over him. When my mom asked me why, I replied, "Everytime he saw the cat his fur stuck up, so I fixed it!"

That reminds me that I used to love glue too. In elementary school, I used to make a fist and spread a thick layer of Elmer's glue all over the back of my hand. I'd hold the fist until the glue dried, and once it dried and I released my fist, the back of my hand would get all wrinkled and I'd show people around me, "look, I have the hands of an old man!" Then I'd peel it off and I'd marvel at the skin texture on it. Eventually, I quit showing people as they'd seen it before, but I was addicted to doing it and did it all the time.

Our desks were metal and had this recessed area for pencils. I liked to write or color in this recessed area, then pour a good amount of glue into it, wait till it dried (which took awhile), then peel it off and my artwork would be stuck to the glue. Not exactly stained glass, but I thought it was pretty cool. I probably hardly ever used Elmer's glue for actual gluing.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
As a small child, I addressed my mother as "Mother". When I told this to a friend, who I found out deceived me when her nurse told me to back away, even if I wasn't an enabler, my friend said I sounded like Rapunzel from Disney's "Tangled", who'd address Mother Gothel as such. Keep in mind when I was little, my hair was ridiculously long, but it wasn't a champagne gold color, but a cola brown.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#75 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 17th Jan 2015 at 4:20 AM.
I can't remember a lot from my childhood, as I'm in my mid-thirties now. I also have a really annoying habit of only remembering bad memories and forgetting the nice ones

But I do remember that I was always daydreaming as a kid. I had a huge imagination and was always in my own little world. My mum told me that one of my old primary school teachers thought I was really sweet, so in the middle of a lesson, she let me just sit under the table, making little butterflies out of scrap paper and craft supplies.

I was always horse-mad, and so was my best friend at the time. We had an old wendy house in the shed, that was some sort of fabric house supported by plastic poles, which fitted together with corner-shaped tubes at the corners. We took the poles and tubes and re-built them to make jumps in the garden, then we ran round jumping them ourselves, whilst hitting ourselves on the thighs with tree branches that we had pulled all the twigs off (they were supposed to be whips)!

My mum had kept us some of her old clothes to play dressing up with, and we used to dress up, and play with our baby dolls, and would even take them out for walks in their prams, round the local area (still dressed up)!

Oh and when my parents were asleep in the mornings at the weekends, me and my sister used to get up really early. To keep us quiet, we were allowed to watch films (we had our own videos of kids films, that my dad had taped off the telly and labelled for us, on the bottom shelf). We were a bit naughty and used to eat loads of biscuits out of the biscuit tin, whilst watching the films! I used to think that films would end differently each time you watched them, I used to re-watch them and be disappointed that they ended the same way. It took me a couple of years to work out that they weren't going to change!
Page 3 of 4